Page 151 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2634
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hold on....

X-Men 97 takes place in 1997, no?

That means the Black Panther at that time in the MCU was T'Chaka.

If they're saying this show is in the sacred timeline then that is why it's T'Chaka.

It might be a hint as to how they plan to fold X-Men into the MCU.

(Yes, I know it makes no sense since the MCU has no wide knowledge of super beings at the time of Iron Man but we do have the Secret Wars coming up and whatever the hell Kang Dynasty is now.)
    But it's not the MCU continuity. Iron man already exists in this animated universe and by that logic he shouldn't be Iron man yet until 2008.

hold on....

If they're saying this show is in the sacred timeline then that is why it's T'Chaka.

(Yes, I know it makes no sense since the MCU has no wide knowledge of super beings at the time of Iron Man but we do have the Secret Wars coming up and whatever the hell Kang Dynasty is now.)
    Nah, that doesn't work, because Spidey is an adult (as seen in the finale) and Cap is already decanted.

hold on....

But X-Men 97 clearly takes place in the shared universe of Marvel 90’s cartoons and not the MCU since Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, and Tony Stark are all active. So T’Chaka being the Black Panther makes Zero sense.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    Cheryl Lynn Eaton, the writer for Black Panther: Blood Hunt has a theory that ultimately the MCU wants exclusivity over the fanfare of bringing back T'Challa in any medium that's not comics, so they're actively preventing him from being depicted. This makes sense to me and I suspect is true.
    I know T'Challa exists in Marvel Rivals but that's an arena game so maybe it doesn't qualify under Marvel's mandate. Regardless, I think it's very clear that this decision comes from up top. I also think if this is true, the likelihood of that Cliffhanger Black Panther game being T'Challa is about nill, unless the goal is for it to release around the same time T'Challa is brought back in the MCU (I doubt they'll have this level of coordination between the two mediums).

https://twitter.com/cheryllynneaton/...lBHEq7KVg&s=19
    Well if I were them I’d rethink this strategy because of the backlash of today proves anything, is that people are gonna get more and more annoyed the longer T’Challa is blatantly excluded from from things and it’s only gonna breed resentment towards Marvel or any Black Panther they push besides T’Challa for that matter.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Its one of those "silence is defeaning" moments because he's been fairly candid with most other questions, but this one specific one he became non-commital.
    Depends on when he was removed and when that episode was actually being worked on.

Also it's easy to dub over a voice on a cartoon-we saw that with GI Joe and Duke's "death".

Folks are going to get tired of questions being dodged.

I was basically saying storm is tchalla true love. That doesn’t mean they have to be together. With that said
    The issue is this-if Storm was NOT apart of another franchise-that would be fine.

I suspect Hudlin went in thinking both belong to Marvel and NOT both belong to different sections of the company. That is a failure of editorial.

Characters in different franchise have to answer to different masters. Especially if you are looking beyond comics.

It's why we didn't see Wonder Girl on Teen Titans cartoon show first series but we saw her in the comic.
    It's how we got Protector instead of Robin in Nabisco commercials.
    Joker NOT in Challenge of the Superfriends because he was involved with Filmation's Batman series.

There is no way you can have them together even in movies. Is an X-Men movie going to explain where Storm is if she's with T'Challa? And vice versa? Someone is going to ask where they are if a huge threat shows up.
    Even Star Trek had to explain Worf in 2 of the last 3 movies while DS9 was going on. Although DS9 NEVER explained where the Enterprise was.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on when he was removed and when that episode was actually being worked on.

Also it's easy to dub over a voice on a cartoon-we saw that with GI Joe and Duke's "death".

Folks are going to get tired of questions being dodged.

The issue is this-if Storm was NOT apart of another franchise-that would be fine.

I suspect Hudlin went in thinking both belong to Marvel and NOT both belong to different sections of the company. That is a failure of editorial.

Characters in different franchise have to answer to different masters. Especially if you are looking beyond comics.

It's why we didn't see Wonder Girl on Teen Titans cartoon show first series but we saw her in the comic.
    It's how we got Protector instead of Robin in Nabisco commercials.
    Joker NOT in Challenge of the Superfriends because he was involved with Filmation's Batman series.

There is no way you can have them together even in movies. Is an X-Men movie going to explain where Storm is if she's with T'Challa? And vice versa? Someone is going to ask where they are if a huge threat shows up.
    Even Star Trek had to explain Worf in 2 of the last 3 movies while DS9 was going on. Although DS9 NEVER explained where the Enterprise was.
    I truthfully believe their situation is different, that’s why it hasn’t changed. I believe tchalla should date other people and storm. But at the end if they day they’re soulmates. That’s how their cookie crumbles. Now that storm is free from the X-men anything can happen. Let me be clear I prefer tchalla to do his own thing. I’m just saying now storm not stuck with the X-men anymore.

Kinda like UBP she not an X-men. But once again they don’t have to be tied to each other.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I truthfully believe their situation is different, that’s why it hasn’t changed. I believe tchalla should date other people and storm. But at the end if they day they’re soulmates. That’s how their cookie crumbles. Now that storm is free from the X-men anything can happen. Let me be clear I prefer tchalla to do his own thing. I’m just saying now storm not stuck with the X-men anymore.

Kinda like UBP she not an X-men. But once again they don’t have to be tied to each other.
    Um... her ongoing is part of Brevoort's "From the Ashes" initiative. She may not be on a team, but she's still controlled by the X-Office.

By your logic, Phoenix isn't an X-Man either...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Um... her ongoing is part of Brevoort's "From the Ashes" initiative. She may not be on a team, but she's still controlled by the X-Office.

By your logic, Phoenix isn't an X-Man either...

Storm writers are black for the first time ever on the X-men side lol it might be different , once again Storm and tchalla doesn’t have to be together. The can go be with different people. In my own opinion tchalla love is Storm and the same the other way around.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    https://twitter.com/search?q=T%27Cha...ertical=trends

Fucking hilarious man

I am glad people aren't blaming X-Men 97 for it, instead rightfully targeting the company executives definitely responsible for this
    Hey remember fam, it's all about the Mantle...!

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Storm writers are black for the first time ever on the X-men side lol it might be different , once again Storm and tchalla doesn’t have to be together. The can go be with different people. In my own opinion tchalla love is Storm and the same the other way around.
    Well, if you look at T'Challa's track record with black writers over the last 8 years, I wouldn't be so sure that's a positive.

And Editorial ALWAYS has the last word... right RJ?

I also think your definition of "true love" might be a bit skewed. It reminds me in a way of an old Terry Pratchett (GNU) quote:

The Disc's greatest lovers were undoubtedly Mellius and Gretelina, whose pure, passionate and soul-searing affair would have scorched the pages of History if they had not, because of some unexplained quirk of fate, been born two hundred years apart on different continents.

And this is the reason I fundamentally will not buy or support anything Black Panther related that isn't about T'Challa. Idc at this point. The EA game, Marvel 1943, Eyes of Wakanda, none of that is getting a dollar or view from me.
    Its the only speech that matters.

My hot take is that a lot of other directors could have achieved similar results. There was a lof cultural momentum and MCU franchise momentum going into that first Black Panther movie and I don't think Coogler and his direction was the necessary secret sauce to make the movie a commercial success. But I know that's a hot take among some.
    Co-signed.
    Don't know why people pretend that Civil War hype didn't have T'Challa trending before the movie was even announced and Ava turned it down. Dude look like a top Halloween costume post civil war everybody's white kid was dressed as Panther.
    Downhill since.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    But X-Men 97 clearly takes place in the shared universe of Marvel 90’s cartoons and not the MCU since Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, and Tony Stark are all active. So T’Chaka being the Black Panther makes Zero sense.
    you're right. I tried. I got nothing.

The backlash to that cameo on social media is filling me with joy. I really hope this all snowballs until Marvel has no choice but to address this shit.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

I don't work in entertainment but I've worked in corporate for a long time.

In my dealings with execs and C-suite guys, a lot of decision-making involves a whole lot of ego, personal bias, and sometimes just plain stubbornness. If an action doesn't impact the bottom line, the execs simply don't change their minds especially if they've set their minds on a particular direction. That's why companies very rarely do "strategic re--alignments".

I can't imagine this is much different at Disney/Marvel. Now, I don't know if T'Challa not appearing in X-men 97 is an executive decision but I won't be surprised if it is considering Marvel/Disney have made it pretty clear that Boseman's death must limit T'Challa's exposure.