Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    the theory i keep seeing is tchalla is banned from everything
    It would have been cool if they got Keith David to reprise the role.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Sometimes bans like that are because they have plans on using the character in something else and don't want plans messed up. T'Challa was Black Panther in the 90s FF cartoon so by continuity sake, he should be BP here as well. But he also had the more British colonial accent as was the norm for him back in the FF cartoon, whereas T'Chaka sounded more like his MCU counterpart with the Wakandan accent that is unaltered by colonialism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    DeMayo being oddly silent on this lends credence to the widespread theory that executives are barring T'Challa from appearing in stuff.

Its very notable here cause of how minor an appearance it is. A 3-second cameo and they used his father, its so weird.

it’s annoying because it’s messing up the #XMEN97 hashtag cuss black panther fans keep using it to @ demayo their displeasure
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    it’s annoying because it’s messing up the #XMEN97 hashtag cuss black panther fans keep using it to @ demayo their displeasure
    Maybe the idea is that since they can't use him in the MCU, it's disrespectful to use him in other media. And they feel the need to double down on the decision not to recast.

I wonder who's been more vocal on Twitter, the angry Black Panther fans or the elated Spider-Man ones.

Animation is generally expensive so it's rare to have actual animated scenes fully drawn and colored cut out. Usually those deletions are made in the writing/script process so they never have to animate material that's going to end up cut anyway.
    I get that but it is not unheard of. A few animated films have had extended cuts and there have been scenes that were cut like the famous Batman oral scene in Harley Quinn season 3.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The Avengers stuff especially has been spreading all over social media. I'm wondering if that means there's any inclination to go towards the idea of an Avengers show set in the same timeline, especially after all the hype for a Spider-Man '98 revival.

I can maybe see Beau being told to only leave Wanda and Pietro as cameos so as to not conflict with any plans of a possible Avengers show down the line.

T'Chaka being alive confused me. Since T'Challa is already the Black Panther (unless the man we saw as the Panther was really T'Chaka in costume).

I know lots of people are hoping that the X-Men '97 characters will be the live-action X-Men in the MCU.
    If X-men 97 keeps doing well thereīs a big chance Spider - Man and Avengers will get new shows as well.

I heard this series happens in 97 so itīs understable T Chaka is still alive at this point but I also think this isnīt supposed to be the MCU properly, itīs possibly a world in the multiverse that resembles the MCU but itīs still not quite that. If that were the case neither Wanda or Pietro would already be part of the Avengers at this point but in this same logic the X-men of the MCU probably are very similar as well.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Why is Forge uder the assumption that the X-men could be alive? He had them labeled Missing, Presumed dead and mentionend searching for them. Considering what he saw, it was clear that they sacrificed themselves and they are all dead, especially since 6 months had passed. He shouldnt have had any hope until Bishop told him that they were plucked throuhg time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    If X-men 97 keeps doing well thereīs a big chance Spider - Man and Avengers will get new shows as well.

I heard this series happens in 97 so itīs understable T Chaka is still alive at this point but I also think this isnīt supposed to be the MCU properly, itīs possibly a world in the multiverse that resembles the MCU but itīs still not quite that. If that were the case neither Wanda or Pietro would already be part of the Avengers at this point but in this same logic the X-men of the MCU probably are very similar as well.
    Lots of hype for the Spider-Man show. And with the emphasis on a Spider-Man multiverse recently, I can see that happening because the only thing bigger than the X-Men has always been Spider-Man.

It's supposed to be set in the same universe as all the 90s animated shows where T'Challa was Black Panther so that's what's confusing for me. I know Beau said this show wasn't designed to be in the MCU multiverse, although it is now. They left it ambiguous enough so that if Marvel felt it was a success, they could retroactively add it to the MCU Multiverse like what happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is Forge uder the assumption that the X-men could be alive? He had them labeled Missing, Presumed dead and mentionend searching for them. Considering what he saw, it was clear that they sacrificed themselves and they are all dead, especially since 6 months had passed. He shouldnt have had any hope until Bishop told him that they were plucked throuhg time.
    Probably because the X-Men have been known for cheating death over and over. And they just disappeared. There were no dead bodies and no explanation as to what happened to everyone, so I can't see Forge giving up immediately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I get that but it is not unheard of. A few animated films have had extended cuts and there have been scenes that were cut like the famous Batman oral scene in Harley Quinn season 3.
    Yes, that's true although that one scene I can see why it was cut lol. I know Beau said a scene for Storm reacting to Remy's death was cut so I'm curious if that was cut in the writing process or actually animated. I'm assuming the former but we never know.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    With magic, time travel, teleportation, technology, etc with no body, no death until proven wrong. The asteroid didnīt explote, the asteroid disappeared so itīs logical for Forge to search for the X-men imo.

Lots of hype for the Spider-Man show. And with the emphasis on a Spider-Man multiverse recently, I can see that happening because the only thing bigger than the X-Men has always been Spider-Man.

It's supposed to be set in the same universe as all the 90s animated shows where T'Challa was Black Panther so that's what's confusing for me. I know Beau said this show wasn't designed to be in the MCU multiverse, although it is now. They left it ambiguous enough so that if Marvel felt it was a success, they could retroactively add it to the MCU Multiverse like what happened.
    I would like this but they would need to explain some things, like Cap and Iron Man presence, Wanda and Pietro not being like the ones in the MCU and people being aware of super powered people before Iron Manīs appareance. Those details make me doubt they are quite adding them retroactively but who knows, they could say the X-men time travelled from the 90īs to the time of the MCU.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-15-2024 at 05:27 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    DeMayo being oddly silent on this lends credence to the widespread theory that executives are barring T'Challa from appearing in stuff.

Its very notable here cause of how minor an appearance it is. A 3-second cameo and they used his father, its so weird.
    People forget they were already setting up Tchalla being replaced by Shuri in the comics, and I remember hearing about how Chadwicks death didn't alter the MCU plans but simply accelerated it. The goal was to eventually pass the torch to Shuri but i think now with the Mcu they are planning to age up his son. So they want people to forget about Tchalla for awhile so Shuri and the son don't have to compete. Same reason Chris Evans hasn't appeared in anything to protect the passing of the torch to Sam

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I would like this but they would need to explain some things, like Cap and Iron Man presence, Wanda and Pietro not being like the ones in the MCU and people being aware of super powered people before Iron Manīs appareance. Those details make me doubt they are quite adding them retroactively but who knows, they could say the X-men time travelled from the 90īs to the time of the MCU.
    Just to clarify, the X-Men '97 universe is only one of many in the multiverse featured in the MCU. Just another reality like the What If? realities or the one with the Illuminati in MoM. Not the actual main MCU reality. I think the idea is that the X-Men we see in future films will be live-action versions from X-Men '97 who get incorporated into 616, the main MCU reality, thanks to Secret Wars. They won't come from there originally.

If you look at the MCU watchlist on Disney+, X-Men '97 is not included. But X-Men '97 is included in the MCU Multiverse watchlist.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

morph loves wolverine confirmed… ;-)

if they wanted to go there though he shouldn’t have morphed
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

T'Chaka being Black Panther would imply that Spider-Man TAS, X-Men TAS, and X-Men '97 take place in the same universe but the 90's Iron Man Series, Fantastic Four Series, and Incredible Hulk take place in their own universe.

T'Chaka was dead when T'Challa as Black Panther met the Fantastic Four. Also there was always a issue with Wanda given how vastly different she was in Iron Man vs X-Men TAS.

Now Hays did voice Iron Man in both the Iron Man Series and Spider-Man series, but voice actors have voiced characters in multiple projects that weren't connected before. The X-Men namely Scott, Jean, Logan, Remy, and Ororo in civilian clothing had a blink and you'd miss it cameo in the FF cartoon but that just might mean the X-Men exist in that world.

The carebear scene at the end to me is like garlic and holy water is to vampires. It was certainly a choice to try and hug it out over 16 million dead corpses.