Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I love how diffenr site call it a mystery 17 years in the making or that its a big deal ot whatever. But the Pheonix has always been behind creating Hope. I have yet to reqd myslf bus was it expl a ned qhy they had to recreate the Phoenix. And are theyvsaying it was Phoenix but it was time traveling Jean with the power of Phoenix?
    The reveal is that it was Jean who made her... Through this paradox where she and Essex both go back and try to convince her mother to choose one of them. And then there's the fact that it's through Hope's creation and her sacrifice that the Phoenix begins/comes back/is reborn anew or something.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I love how diffenr site call it a mystery 17 years in the making or that its a big deal ot whatever. But the Pheonix has always been behind creating Hope. I have yet to reqd myslf bus was it expl a ned qhy they had to recreate the Phoenix. And are theyvsaying it was Phoenix but it was time traveling Jean with the power of Phoenix?
    Thats never been confirmed before today. Its been highly speculated but the way it was presented before, Louis Spalding randomly got pregnant by soe unnamed man and her baby just happened to be a mutant which attracted the Phoenix to her as the mutant messiah

So they literally shuffled the some of the Mutants post Claremont to the WHR and Hope..., yeah no screw this, I'm done with the X Reboot before it started, I hope it flops...it won't.
    Last edited by mreddie; 05-15-2024 at 06:27 PM.

So Jean/Phoenix is Hope’s father? Also Hope’s death was anti climactic and confusing on page. The story and plot definitely still have my interest and I hope we get a resolution to what happens to everyone in the WHR.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    So Jean/Phoenix is Hope’s father? Also Hope’s death was anti climactic and confusing on page. The story and plot definitely still have my interest and I hope we get a resolution to what happens to everyone in the WHR.
    She is Hope's mother as well as Hope herself

I have to say it is a really nice touch that Spalding had to choose, and she chose to be a hero, her being a firefighter, knowing how everything would end, and in turn Hope dying? the same way as her mom. Nice background for her and Hope.
    And let's be honest if she is the Messiah , no human dad was enough, it had to be Phoenix.

So well done on that regard.

(I also loved the little Phoenix haha so cute lol)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

how do we know that editorial even remembers that the Atlantic Krakoa exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Hmmmm...if they ever get out of the WHR, what's stopping them from resurrecting Hope? Did the new Phoenix somehow stop resurrection? Before, they used Synch as a standin for Hope, also Tessa/Sage is a synergist (a forgotten power she has). Why can't they technically bring Hope back? I would think they'd have to kill Egg/Goldballs or Proteus in order to completely kibosh resurrection.
    Hope is the key to resurrection. There was a datapage from Beast a while back that talked about it. Basically, in addition to boosting the rest of the Five and enabling them to work perfectly together, she also adds something they can't identify to the whole process. Because when they tried doing it without Hope, it didn't work. That's why in the Sins of Sinister timeline when resurrection was industrialized, in addition to clones of the other Five, each location needed a piece of Hope's flesh to make it work. That's also why they freaked out when she was killed in Immortal X-Men, because they weren't sure if Synch or Mimic using her powers would be good enough. It turned out to be good enough to bring her back, but notably it didn't cleanse her of Sinister's DNA imprint, which is something she did on her own for all prior resurrections without even knowing it.

As for this issue, I feel a bit ambivalent. I've been loving the series up till now, and I like that they pulled the trigger and made it official that the Phoenix "fathered" Hope, for lack of a better term. But her death scene really left me cold. I'm hoping there's more to it in RotPoX #5 because as of now...eh. I'm also not wild about the Krakoans being left behind in the WHR. In addition to that just being a sad fate for them, it also means that 99.99% of the mutants who lived on Krakoa will be gone from Earth. So only the couple thousand that wanted nothing to do with it will be left, in addition to whatever named mutants made it off one way or another. Which means it's just more erasure of the entire era as a whole, since very few mutants going forward will have had anything to do with it.
    Last edited by Til; 05-15-2024 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Hope is the key to resurrection. There was a datapage from Beast a while back that talked about it. Basically, in addition to boosting the rest of the Five and enabling them to work perfectly together, she also adds something they can't identify to the whole process. Because when they tried doing it without Hope, it didn't work. That's why in the Sins of Sinister timeline when resurrection was industrialized, in addition to clones of the other Five, each location needed a piece of Hope's flesh to make it work. That's also why they freaked out when she was killed in Immortal X-Men, because they weren't sure if Synch or Mimic using her powers would be good enough. It turned out to be good enough to bring her back, but notably it didn't cleanse her of Sinister's DNA imprint, which is something she did on her own for all prior resurrections without even knowing it.
    Also Synch was only able to be used as a stand in that time bc he was synching to Hope (her body was right there). He most likely does not have access to her powers via his recall bc he didnt spend much time around her

Its also my headcanon that Hope's Phoenix powers are why she was the perfect synchronizer/purifier for the resurrections and why Synch was not able to bypass Sinister's corruption

Astonishing Member

Yes but now that they know about Sinister's alterations and to look out for that, there's no reason Synch or Mimic wouldn't be able to sub in for her. After all, the Hope we've had since Sins of Sinister was still definitively resurrected by Synch and the rest of the Five, with Sinister's alterations later cleansed from her, as well as from the others resurrected with her.

I have to say there's something almost poetic in having a human ultimately sacrificing herself to make sure hope is born to close out the Krakoa era.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 05-16-2024 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yes but now that they know about Sinister's alterations and to look out for that, there's no reason Synch or Mimic wouldn't be able to sub in for her. After all, the Hope we've had since Sins of Sinister was still definitively resurrected by Synch and the rest of the Five, with Sinister's alterations later cleansed from her, as well as from the others resurrected with her.
    Synch doesnt have the ability to boost and synchronize powers. He was synching to Hope when he did that

She's now dead with no body for him to get her powers from

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its also my headcanon that Hope's Phoenix powers are why she was the perfect synchronizer/purifier for the resurrections and why Synch was not able to bypass Sinister's corruption
    I agree. Her connection to the Phoenix is really the only thing it could be, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    It would have to be Synch now, since her body is in the WHR and Mimic can't access it. They'd also need a Cerebro unit to access the Waiting Room for the mind transfer. Honestly though, I'm not sure if Synch's recall ability could do it or not. The one time he did it, he was synching directly to Hope's body.

Amazing Member

Everything that Essex/Enigma tempted Louise Spauling with (yanking her out of the time stream before her final death, letting her meet her daughter) is something that Jean can give her too, since Jean can now waltz along timelines and alternative universes (as seen in Wolverine Weapon X) as much as she wants whenever she wants to. I hope we will get to see more of Louise someday and Hope too.

Astonishing Member

Yes, but as far as we've seen, that was just the first time he'd synced with her. He's clearly been shown not needing to be near people he's ALREADY synched with previously, ie his recall power.....you're presuming that he hasn't spent enough time with her to be able to use his recall to sync her power, but there's no evidence for or against that either way.

Edit: Ultimately its a moot point since the rest of the Five are in the WHR and Synch is not, as well as the fact that they're clearly trying to do away with resurrection in the next era. They won't be able to bring Hope back via resurrection because editorial doesn't want to bring her back, because they don't want resurrection. My argument is just that future eras beyond the Brevoort X-Office, should they try and do a second Krakoan Age and bring back the WHR mutants and the Five, could pretty easily justify bringing back Hope and by extension, regular resurrection.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 05-15-2024 at 08:44 PM.