Page 145 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    In many ways, Apocalypse has always been the ultimate Summers-Grey villain, way more than Sinister. Especially when you consider that Sinister's endgame with the bloodline and baby Nathan was all about defeating his master Apocalypse. '97 abandoned the original show's origin for Sinister where he was married to an ancestor of Jean and Xavier's ancestor made it his life mission to take down the immortal Sinister, passing this mission down to the current Xavier. Xavier founded the X-Men in the original show for the purpose of finding and stopping Sinister.

spoilers:
    I'm wondering now if Cyclops appearing in the Insomniac X-Men game where Apocalypse is the main villain is meant to set up this family dynamic.
    end of spoilers

The part about Beau's favs being Cyke, Jean, and Magneto isn't something I would repeat outside of this thread or select few threads lol. Right now, I'm seeing some very angry fans who are very pissed off at these three characters.
    I always viewed Sinister as Cyclops's Joker and Apocalypse as his Ra's al Ghul: Batman's two biggest enemies, one is more responsible for personal trauma, the other expands his lore and mythos and is a much bigger threat. Another example would be If Sinister is Cyke's Norman Osborn, Apocalypse is his Doctor Octopus.
    But Apocalypse really is the biggest enemy of the Summers-Greys. There's an entire mythos dedicated to that, Clan Askani, Stryfe, etc and as you mentioned Sinister is often portrayed as one his henchmen.

spoilers:
    Now about the game, that's what I'm hoping for to the case since we already know Scott appears in the Wolverine.
    end of spoilers

I can't blame them, obviously I've always read X-Men comics because of Cyclops, Jean and the lore and villains surrounding them. For me, the Summers-Greys are the protagonists of the most interesting aspects of the franchise.

I think Havok83 meant they are emotionally that age from spending 12 years in the future, not that they physically reflect those 12 years as well. And House of M was fake memories.
    I know but I don't think the intention is to have Jean being mentally 12 years older than Ororo or Scott 14 years older than Alex, they are portrayed as around the same age, writers don't take Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix into account while writing them, they write them as if they're the same age as most of their peers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I know but I don't think the intention is to have Jean being mentally 12 years older than Ororo or Scott 14 years older than Alex, they are portrayed as around the same age, writers don't take Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix into account while writing them, they write them as if they're the same age as most of their peers.
    I think it's all relative anyway. In the MU, these types of age differences are not a big deal because you have characters that never age in general and then the ones who have been around forever like Thor and Wolverine and canonically don't age. Thor and Wolverine are still relatable and peers of the Avengers and X-Men respectively. Wolverine and Cyclops are considered peers the way Thor and Cap are so even with Scott and Jean having those 14 years in the future, you're right that I wouldn't expect them to be treated differently compared to their age cohorts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I always viewed Sinister as Cyclops's Joker and Apocalypse as his Ra's al Ghul: Batman's two biggest enemies, one is more responsible for personal trauma, the other expands his lore and mythos and is a much bigger threat. Another example would be If Sinister is Cyke's Norman Osborn, Apocalypse is his Doctor Octopus.
    But Apocalypse really is the biggest enemy of the Summers-Greys. There's an entire mythos dedicated to that, Clan Askani, Stryfe, etc and as you mentioned Sinister is often portrayed as one his henchmen.

spoilers:
    Now about the game, that's what I'm hoping for to the case since we already know Scott appears in the Wolverine.
    end of spoilers

I can't blame them, obviously I've always read X-Men comics because of Cyclops, Jean and the lore and villains surrounding them. For me, the Summers-Greys are the protagonists of the most interesting aspects of the franchise.
    I guess those are good comparisons.

spoilers:
    As of now, Forge, Kitty, and Cyclops seem to be the main X-Men for the future game. Forge is found as one of Sinister's hostages and helps Wolverine find Jean. Cyclops ends up at the mutant village at the end with Jean and Forge. Wolverine finds Kitty on his own at the end after he's separated from Jean.
    end of spoilers

But it is interesting that X-Men '97 is more or less the first bit of media to really focus in on the Summers-Grey bloodline and its relevance to the X-Men. Which makes sense since it was mostly a 90s thing.

I wouldn't count those years to age them up, I think Peter still remembers House of M but that doesn't mean that he's older just because he has those memories, Scott and Jean are at most in their early 30s, they are stated to be the same age as Peter Parker, Johnny Storm, etc and I don't think it's ever been mentioned that they are older just because their consciousness spend some time in the future, I know that some people don't like him and his opinions but Tom Brevoort is kinda important at Marvel and he said in 2019 that they were 28.
    Those count and are valid bc thats 12+ years of experience that's canon that is still referenced as recently as this era (it came into play with Kid Cable)

Again, Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix was referenced this era when Duggan was writing the chracters

BANNED

What issue are these pics from? I've never seen these before.

I guess those are good comparisons.

spoilers:
    As of now, Forge, Kitty, and Cyclops seem to be the main X-Men for the future game. Forge is found as one of Sinister's hostages and helps Wolverine find Jean. Cyclops ends up at the mutant village at the end with Jean and Forge. Wolverine finds Kitty on his own at the end after he's separated from Jean.
    end of spoilers

But it is interesting that X-Men '97 is more or less the first bit of media to really focus in on the Summers-Grey bloodline and its relevance to the X-Men. Which makes sense since it was mostly a 90s thing.
    spoilers:
    The team seems a bit off if you want my opinion, while there's a chance that there might be other mutunts who join them further down the line, what they've given us so far seems so random. But I guess I can't complain that much as long as Cyke's there.
    end of spoilers

One of the great things that the 2000s took away from us was all those Summers-Grey lore and family dynamics.

What issue are these pics from? I've never seen these before.
    Some material from Marvel Valentine's Day Special. This story is 10 pages and is also collected in the TPB version of X-Men: The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix which also collects: Askani'son, X-Men: Phoenix and also the Books of Askani handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those count and are valid bc thats 12+ years of experience that's canon that is still referenced as recently as this era (it came into play with Kid Cable)

Again, Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix was referenced this era when Duggan was writing the chracters
    Sure it’s canon but no writer acts as if those memories actually make them mentally older, Jean is still portrayed as being the same age as Ororo and Scott is written as the same age as all his peers, no one takes that mini into account when talking about their ages, it doesn’t age them up, we’d have to age up a lot of characters if we considered memories from AU, etc when calculating their age.

BANNED

spoilers:
    The team seems a bit off if you want my opinion, while there's a chance that there might be other mutunts who join them further down the line, what they've given us so far seems so random. But I guess I can't complain that much as long as Cyke's there.
    end of spoilers

One of the great things that the 2000s took away from us was all those Summers-Grey lore and family dynamics.
    I'm sure there will be more. I think that's just who was being set up from the first one. I can't imagine they'll neglect Storm for example.

I suppose they gave us Hope although she's not a character I ever caught onto. I will say though that the 90s went a little too crazy about time-traveling relatives. I remember the FF started copying it as well with Franklin becoming Psi-Lord, the reintroduction of Nathaniel Richards, Huntara, Sue's own Maddie AKA Malice, etc.

BANNED

Some material from Marvel Valentine's Day Special. This story is 10 pages and is also collected in the TPB version of X-Men: The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix which also collects: Askani'son, X-Men: Phoenix and also the Books of Askani handbook.
    Thank you, I never read that. I own the original issues for The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix but never bought the TPB (or OHC for that matter).

Also Beau just confirmed that Storm, Wolverine, and Morph are in the future with Scott and Jean. So that's an interesting twist to the story. Especially since all these characters are in a love quadrangle/circle (except poor Forge is missing)!

Sure it’s canon but no writer acts as if those memories actually make them mentally older, Jean is still portrayed as being the same age as Ororo and Scott is written as the same age as all his peers, no one takes that mini into account when talking about their ages, it doesn’t age them up, we’d have to age up a lot of characters if we considered memories from AU, etc when calculating their age.
    Scott and Jean are biologically in their late 20s - early 30s but mentally they're older than that and that's why they're so much more mature than let's say Peter Parker who is around the same age they are but is still a loser with the mentality of a teen.

Peter has the memories from House of M does that mean that he’s mentally older? What about all the mutants who kept their memories from Age of X? Are they older too? That’s not how things work in comics imo, and Tom Brevoort’s tweet is the closest thing we’re gonna get to an oficial age for Scott and Jean, we know that they’re the same age as Peter Parker, Johnny Storm and Jessica Jones so you can also use that.