Page 146 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3023

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Scott and Jean are biologically in their late 20s - early 30s but mentally they're older than that and that's why they're so much more mature than let's say Peter Parker who is around the same age they are but is still a loser with the mentality of a teen.
    They’ve always been mature, especially Scott, when he was in the Champions they used to joke that he was a 40yo man in the body of a teenager, Peter is immature because of an editorial mandate, it has nothing to do with his age.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I'm sure there will be more. I think that's just who was being set up from the first one. I can't imagine they'll neglect Storm for example.

I suppose they gave us Hope although she's not a character I ever caught onto. I will say though that the 90s went a little too crazy about time-traveling relatives. I remember the FF started copying it as well with Franklin becoming Psi-Lord, the reintroduction of Nathaniel Richards, Huntara, Sue's own Maddie AKA Malice, etc.
    The 90s went batshit crazy when it came to AU and time travel but they were fun! It was messy and all but it also expanded upon the established lore.

2000s were when things had to feel "realistic". Hence why we got New X-Men which took all the fun out of these characters and turned them into soi boys and girls.

BANNED

This is why Ultimate Spider-Man exists. And why Spider-Man '98 needs to exist as further validation that 616 Peter is a lost cause because '98 Peter and MJ are married. 616 Peter is the outlier in every case.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Peter has the memories from House of M does that mean that he’s mentally older? What about all the mutants who kept their memories from Age of X? Are they older too? That’s not how things work in comics imo, and Tom Brevoort’s tweet is the closest thing we’re gonna get to an oficial age for Scott and Jean, we know that they’re the same age as Peter Parker, Johnny Storm and Jessica Jones so you can also use that.
    House of M did not age Peter. It was false memories that happened in parallel. Ditto for Age of X. Scott and Jean aged 12 years in the future. That was life experience that htey actually lived, not memories they had psychically or magically altered. At the end of their honeymoon, they were closer to 40 and returned to their mid 20s bodies. Bc of the Krakoan resurrections, physically they are probably still mid 20s, despite being closer to 40. Because of that Brevoort's
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-15-2024 at 10:24 PM.

Thank you, I never read that. I own the original issues for The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix but never bought the TPB (or OHC for that matter).

Also Beau just confirmed that Storm, Wolverine, and Morph are in the future with Scott and Jean. So that's an interesting twist to the story. Especially since all these characters are in a love quadrangle/circle (except poor Forge is missing)!
    Lol poor morph. I'm not expecting to see another love triangle between Jott and Logan because they already moved past that.

BANNED

The 90s went batshit crazy when it came to AU and time travel but they were fun! It was messy and all but it also expanded upon the established lore.

2000s were when things had to feel "realistic". Hence why we got New X-Men which took all the fun out of these characters and turned them into soi boys and girls.
    I actually liked those rather embarrassing FF stories.

This is why I preferred Ultimate X-Men/FF/Spider-Man/etc. in the 2000s to the contemporary comics. They didn't hide that they were supposed to be edgier but it fit the world constructed there rather than rehaul these classic characters into something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    House of M did not age Peter. It was false memories that happened in parallel. Scott and Jean aged 12 years. At the end of their honeymoon, they were closer to 40 and returned to their mid 20s bodies. Bc of the Krakoan resurrections, physically they are probably still mid 20s, despite being closer to 40
    There’s not a single mention of them being mentally older and they’re still being written as being around the same age as Storm, Alex, Lorna, etc. Also, false memories are still memories, it doesn’t matter if they happened in parallel. There are many instances of characters getting memories and that doesn’t mean that they’re mentally older.

BANNED

Lol poor morph. I'm not expecting to see another love triangle between Jott and Logan because they already moved past that.
    I don't think it'll be a triangle in the reciprocated sense but Logan's last words were still about Jean so he's still pining after her just as Morph is pining after Logan as also confirmed by Beau that Morph took Jean's form to confess his feelings. But my own thoughts were that Ororo and Logan could be a couple again like they were in the original AoA episodes in the original show, but that doesn't account for Forge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    There’s not a single mention of them being mentally older and they’re still being written as being around the same age as Storm, Alex, Lorna, etc. Also, false memories are still memories, it doesn’t matter if they happened in parallel. There are many instances of characters getting memories and that doesn’t mean that they’re mentally older.
    Don't forget that Alex had his time in Mutant X. He has those years as well. Characters having memories of additional lives is more the norm than the exception at this point.

I don't think it'll be a triangle in the reciprocated sense but Logan's last words were still about Jean so he's still pining after her just as Morph is pining after Logan as also confirmed by Beau that Morph took Jean's form to confess his feelings. But my own thoughts were that Ororo and Logan could be a couple again like they were in the original AoA episodes in the original show, but that doesn't account for Forge.
    I’m shipping Logan-Dazzler now. They’ve already banged in the comics. The pop star and the soldier. Could be fun.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This is why Ultimate Spider-Man exists. And why Spider-Man '98 needs to exist as further validation that 616 Peter is a lost cause because '98 Peter and MJ are married. 616 Peter is the outlier in every case.
    Post OMD Spider-Man is a joke. A total failure as a character. The only ASM run since 2008 that could be considered good is Nick Spencer's which was totally ignored by that hack of a writer, Zeb Wells.

Brevoort might be of the opinon that Cyclops should be young, and frankly he's going to look like a twink in the first issue of Jed Mackay's X-Men, but he's keeping his marriage, has children and Ryan Stegman took a course correction and is actually drawing him like an adult man now.

Don't forget that Alex had his time in Mutant X. He has those years as well. Characters having memories of additional lives is more the norm than the exception at this point.
    That’s true, but that’s also my point, most of the time they aren’t written differently just because they have more memories, those kind of arcs serve the function of having the character in a different setting but they are not meant to age them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m shipping Logan-Dazzler now. They’ve already banged in the comics. The pop star and the soldier. Could be fun.
    Logan has banged the entire planet lmao. I remember him and Black Cat used to be a thing in those two Claws mini series.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-15-2024 at 10:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    She's dead in the show so that'll have to be a 616 thing. Can't imagine the movies will go that route either with the Taylor Swift casting. Tbh, I'm not a huge fan since I think he's too good for her.

It's funny because Wolverine hated Dazzler at first, particularly in Dazzler 38 where he didn't feel she deserved to be on the team and tried to physically prove it. I did like UXM 228 which paired them up on an adventure though.

BANNED

Post OMD Spider-Man is a joke. A total failure as a character. The only ASM run since 2008 that could be considered good is Nick Spencer's which was totally ignored by that hack of a writer, Zeb Wells.

Brevoort might be of the opinon that Cyclops should be young, and frankly he's going to look like a twink in the first issue of Jed Mackay's X-Men, but he's keeping his marriage, has children and Ryan Stegman took a course correction and is actually drawing him like an adult man now.
    I haven't bothered to read anything since that era. Everything sounds so awful especially this current run with that Paul.

I actually thought it was Tyke on the cover originally because he looked so young.