Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fun issue, glad we got a quick background and origin of Meistorm (or is it Maystorm?). Art was good but that’s par for the course with Momoko. My complaint is that we’re 3 issues in and the plot hasn’t moved forward at all.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Fun issue, glad we got a quick background and origin of Meistorm (or is it Maystorm?). Art was good but that’s par for the course with Momoko. My complaint is that we’re 3 issues in and the plot hasn’t moved forward at all.
    Wdym the plot hasn’t moved? By issue 3 we’ve learned who the villain is other than his name, that he’s been watching Hisako for years, played a part in Mei’s power’s manifesting along with being his neighbour, Hisako now being motivated to stop shadow guy after spending years hiding at home, and now meeting even more mutants. And for the first time in this universe, the word “mutant” is uttered so I think we’ll learn a bit of what the Maker has done to them

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    Wdym the plot hasn’t moved? By issue 3 we’ve learned who the villain is other than his name, that he’s been watching Hisako for years, played a part in Mei’s power’s manifesting along with being his neighbour, Hisako now being motivated to stop shadow guy after spending years hiding at home, and now meeting even more mutants. And for the first time in this universe, the word “mutant” is uttered so I think we’ll learn a bit of what the Maker has done to them
    This all could’ve been covered in one issue pretty easily, heck I’ll even give you 2 issues. We don’t know why the villain is after these people, using the word mutant doesn’t strike me as much of a plot point given it being an X book and we did not learn what the Maker did to mutants in the first 3 issues so that’s not really a valid counter point to my statement. I don’t think the book is bad it’s just moving too slowly imo. We’ve gotten a lot more in the other 2 UU books by comparison.

I didn't enjoy issue 1 , didn't rlly care for issue 2. But thus issue was brilliant I loved it it was great , I really hope we see Jean Grey or even a Jon Grey since they did gender swap cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    I didn't enjoy issue 1 , didn't rlly care for issue 2. But thus issue was brilliant I loved it it was great , I really hope we see Jean Grey or even a Jon Grey since they did gender swap cyclops

Wait when was this announced? I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    [/B]

Wait when was this announced? I missed that.
    It's not confirmed but it's painfully ovbious , her name is summers and her stance is very Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Expect a play on the kanji spelling on Phoenix. Maybe from Fenghuang, the “Chinese Phoenix”.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm wondering if Bei's powers really are the same as Storm's, or if they're actually tied to her wishes... She wished to be like Storm and then got her makeover and powers...
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it would be an interesting twist that would allow the character to be more than just another legacy with the same looks and powers as the original.

And Nico apparently is a mutant. I guess Momoko didn't have many options for Japanese mutants, so she decided to turn an unrelated character into one? I could see Nico playing a similar role to Magik in the team since the actual Magik is more tied to the secret cabal in this universe.
    I’m reallllly hoping Wiz Kid shows up at some point. There’s also Kwannon and Zero.

I just desperately need to see the other mutants, it doesn't have to be this series it could be like ultimate Wolverine or Ultimate idk. I just want to see diffrent interpretations of my favs

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post
    Those things are just revelations, and the majority of it is revelations to the reader and not the characters in the book. That might serve as shedding light on things for us, but it doesn’t actually move the plot itself forward especially if the characters themselves don’t know what the audience does. At absolute most, the revelation that someone at least knows what a mutant is and brings it up to the characters nudges thing slightly forward but the pace is still moving at a snail’s pace compared to the rest of the books for it to have taken 3 issues just to get that much.