Page 147 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3023

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    There’s not a single mention of them being mentally older and they’re still being written as being around the same age as Storm, Alex, Lorna, etc. Also, false memories are still memories, it doesn’t matter if they happened in parallel. There are many instances of characters getting memories and that doesn’t mean that they’re mentally older.
    Whats the difference between how a 30 year old is written vs 40? It all relative. Banshee, Forge, Wolverine are all written as their peers too despite being older.

False memories of a character at their current age of lets say 25 is not the same thing as real experience of another character at age 35. Scott and Jean didnt just wake up ad gain memories. They were transported to the future where they lived for over a decade and came back to the past. Something like this just came into play with Moira who is now considered several hundred years old bc each time she was reset back to a baby it counted despite us being reintroduced to her as a woman physically in her late 40s. Another example is Illyana who was 5 and went on to live 8 years in Limbo and come out a 13 year old despite only a few minutes passing. Thats more analogus to what happened with Scott and Jean

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Don't forget that Alex had his time in Mutant X. He has those years as well. Characters having memories of additional lives is more the norm than the exception at this point.
    I dont think that aged him though as Mutant X occurred over a course of a few months and he was not returned to 616 at the point in which he "died". By the time Alex was found, a few years had passed. He aged naturally. The thing unique about Scott and Jean is them returning moments after they left. Its the same thing that happened with Illyana
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-15-2024 at 10:39 PM.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

AoCaP is not false memories lmao. Scott and Jean did spend 12 years in the future.

I haven't bothered to read anything since that era. Everything sounds so awful especially this current run with that Paul.

I actually thought it was Tyke on the cover originally because he looked so young.
    And on one of the variant covers Scott's face looked like a Rat's. Ratclops is canon now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Whats the difference between how a 30 year old is written vs 40? It all relative. Banshee, Forge, Wolverine are all written as their peers too despite being older.

False memories of a character at their current age of lets say 25 is not the same thing as real experience of another character at age 35. Scott and Jean didnt just wake up ad gain memories. They were transported to the future where they lived for over a decade and came back to the past. Something like this just came into play with Moira who is now considered several hundred years old bc each time she was reset back to a baby it counted despite us being reintroduced to her as a woman physically in her late 40s.

I dont think that aged him though as Mutant X occurred over a course of a few months and he was not returned to 616 at the point in which he "died". By the time Alex was found, a few years had passed. He aged naturally. The thing unique about Scott and Jean is them returning moments after they left. Its the same thing that happened with Illyana
    I've only read the beginning of Mutant X. I can't believe that whole series only lasts a few months. I always figured it was as long as he was in the coma in the 616 reality.

There’s no difference between fake memories and real memories. Memories are memories.

Anyway, we’ll have to agree to disagree because I don’t think AoCaP made them mentally older or that writers and editors take into account that while writing them, they’re written as if they’ve aged naturally and are still the same age as their peers, there are no mentions of them being mentally older, and in an universe like Marvel in which characters get additional memories all the time, it’d be dumb to act like it ages them up.

I've only read the beginning of Mutant X. I can't believe that whole series only lasts a few months. I always figured it was as long as he was in the coma in the 616 reality.
    Even if it was, that wouldnt have aged him much bc it would just have been time spent elsewhere. It didnt have huge time jumps

In my opinion after Krakoa they’re probably 30, I think it’s a good age for their characters, not too young but not too old either, the problem with universes as huge and old as Marvel is that aging a character up means that every other character needs to be older too, and the O5 are considerably younger than other heroes such as Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Captain America, etc so if the O5 or Spider-Man grow too much then it’d mean that all the older heroes would have to be like 50 which makes no sense.

AoCaP was the best possible way to give the 616 versions of Cyclops and Jean Grey a chance to be parents and raise a child together for years without even aging them up.
    Even if May Parker was born in 616, she would've never aged beyond 5.

But for me the Spider-Girl series are canon and Norman Osborn didn't kidnap Peter and MJ"s child to murder.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-15-2024 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    AoCaP was the best possible way to give the 616 versions of Cyclops and Jean Grey a chance to be parents and raise a child together for years without even aging them up.
    Even if May Parker was born in 616, she would've never aged beyond 5
    Agreed and it was a genius way to do it. Anyways, Scott and Jean always read older to me anyway. In the 60s when they were supposed to be college aged, they came across as 30 year olds...lol

Agreed and it was a genius way to do it. Anyways, Scott and Jean always read older to me anyway. In the 60s when they were supposed to be college aged, they came across as 30 year olds...lol
    It really was genius. Scott Londell's a legend.
    Tbh everyone acted weirdly in the silver age, but they really do sound older than they really are, which isn't a bad thing. It just means they're mature and experienced individuals.

Just moments after Scott and Jean's minds returned to their bodies after spending twelve years in the future:

Also I kinda liked Scott's costumes in this story but the helmet was weird:

LOL...I never understood those costumes and why Scott and Jean were in them but I liked them

Logan has banged the entire planet lmao. I remember him and Black Cat used to be a thing in those two Claws mini series.
    I kinda hate to say that myself, but I think Marvel is running out of women Logan hasn't had sex with, and he's mentored most of those.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

LOL...I never understood those costumes and why Scott and Jean were in them but I liked them
    If I remember correctly, those were Shield Uniforms that Fury gave them on their return from the future as the two had been on their honeymoon and did not have their costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post

It's the show that captured Scott's badassery the best.

Just saw the link. I will admit, this show did show Cyclops Optic Blasts as dangerously powerful which I liked.
    Last edited by Arthas; 05-16-2024 at 12:46 AM.

BANNED

Just moments after Scott and Jean's minds returned to their bodies after spending twelve years in the future:

Also I kinda liked Scott's costumes in this story but the helmet was weird:
    Those costumes were so strange and asymmetrical but I still liked them. Especially since we could actually see Jean's face.