Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sure, but I think fans in general are less inclined to try minis than ongoings. So not launching it as an ongoing already diminishes its chances, IMO.
    Possibly, but, personally, I'm more likely to buy the mini.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Living for this, all of this, tbh. Can’t friggin wait!!

Sweet! I enjoyed Loo's Unlimited stories, which featured Madrox and Strong Guy so that tracks, and his Iron Man annual when he faced off against Storm in the Contest of Chaos event. I'll definitely be picking up issue 1.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sure, but I think fans in general are less inclined to try minis than ongoings. So not launching it as an ongoing already diminishes its chances, IMO.
    I wonder why. If a title is solicited as a mini I know what to expect and I know that I won't get to the point where I'm loving the series only for the arc to be suddenly brought to an end because the title has been cancelled. If a story is already pitched as a mini (that can be extended if necessary), I trust the author to have already planned it all out to fit in [number] chapters.

I know, at times a mini leaves a sour taste because there was too much meat that deserved twice the issues (see Dark X-Men), but when you buy the #1 you know that you will see the end of the arc as it was planned.

So, what I'm trying to say, is that I'm more likely to buy a mini than to invest in a ongoing that can be cancelled any moment before the author even has time to tie up everything.
    That's also why I think new X-Office did it good to assure the the ongoings in the new era will have at leat 10 issue: we know that we can can expect at least 1 year for the titles to go on (to gather interest, and develop enough to catch even some later fan).
    Last edited by Hakka84; 05-15-2024 at 04:56 PM.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    This series is probably being more directed at Swifties. Apparently Swifties on social media are already asking about what Dazzler material they should read. A miniseries is more feasible for them than an ongoing that can end at any point. If it's successful enough, it can be turned into an ongoing or spin-off into an ongoing.
    I'm guessing the end goal isn't even a mini, it's the eventual trade that will come from it. I'd bet $1000 there is going to be a SUPER fast turnaround on the mini and then (assuming Taylor Swift is actually playing Dazzler) a single bound edition of a new story, in its entirety, will be available everywhere online that the Swifties can easily purchase, rather than waiting for four months and having to track down the single issues wherever.

I mean, if they wanted to go REALLY insane, marketing-wise, have the songs in the mini be actual songs Swift recorded and have her do a surprise drop when Deadpool & Wolverine opens featuring those songs.

Personally? I just want the Swifties to elevate Strong Guy to A-level status.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Sample Rafael Loureiro artwork from other efforts...
    More samples, including sequential panels available here

Okies. Thank you 13

Not familiar with the writer at all but the art looks pretty good. This actually looks like it could be some good ol' silly off the cuff fun. I'm in.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Just realized the huge missed opportunity not to have Stevie Hunter costar in this (I'm just going to ignore her Congresswoman development)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I could see Bling! based on her parents / background, and DJ (whom I loathe) at least has music-based powers, but the others seem less 'band-y' than Shark Girl, who at least plays an instrument.
    Well, a tour entourage doesn't just consist of a band.

I'm intrigued by the supporting cast, but not interested in the premise if it's mostly about the world tour. I'm concerned it will ultimately be frivolous and forgettable. I guess I'll wait to see the response to the book and maybe I'll pick up the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm intrigued by the supporting cast, but not interested in the premise if it's mostly about the world tour. I'm concerned it will ultimately be frivolous and forgettable. I guess I'll wait to see the response to the book and maybe I'll pick up the trade.
    The writer may choose to make it frivolous and forgettable but there's nothing inherently frivolous about the concept. Unfortunately we live in a world where a deadly bomb detonates at an Ariana Grande concert of all places.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-16-2024 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I wonder why. If a title is solicited as a mini I know what to expect and I know that I won't get to the point where I'm loving the series only for the arc to be suddenly brought to an end because the title has been cancelled. If a story is already pitched as a mini (that can be extended if necessary), I trust the author to have already planned it all out to fit in [number] chapters.

I know, at times a mini leaves a sour taste because there was too much meat that deserved twice the issues (see Dark X-Men), but when you buy the #1 you know that you will see the end of the arc as it was planned.

So, what I'm trying to say, is that I'm more likely to buy a mini than to invest in a ongoing that can be cancelled any moment before the author even has time to tie up everything.
    That's also why I think new X-Office did it good to assure the the ongoings in the new era will have at leat 10 issue: we know that we can can expect at least 1 year for the titles to go on (to gather interest, and develop enough to catch even some later fan).
    For me it’s for two reasons. 1) I don’t feel the same pressure to support monetarily because unlike an ongoing the series is going to end regardless if people support it. 2) With Marvel Unlimited you’ll be able to read the full mini just within a few months of it coming out, whereas with an ongoing you’ll be consistently “behind” when it comes to the online discourse for the foreseeable future.

They're testing waters like DC did with Poison Ivy. It was a six issue mini initially that did so well, they extended it to twelve issues. When it continued performing excellently, it became an ongoing.

I think the plan is to see if all the increased interest for Dazzler over the last few months can translate to unprecedented sales for her book. If yes, then fans will any way be overjoyed when it gets extended to an ongoing. If no, well then, it was just 4 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The writer may choose to make it frivolous and forgettable but there's nothing inherently frivolous about the concept. Unfortunately we live in a world where a deadly bomb detonates at an Ariana Grande concert of all places.
    Yeah, a concert being attacked is not unusual. There's a recent example in another Marvel comic in fact - Spider-Gwen: SMASH (which also featured Dazzler!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Just realized the huge missed opportunity not to have Stevie Hunter costar in this (I'm just going to ignore her Congresswoman development)
    I believe she was confirmed to appear in one of the other books a cast member.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I don't see your point. Any death or murder in the real world is terrible - why compare that to a superhero comic book where random people die all the time? Sure, the writer could choose to make it a "realistic" take on real world violence at music shows, just as any comic book could choose to dive into how tragic it is when anyone dies by violence, but the solit gives no indication that will be the tone.