Page 381 of 394 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 5903

Why were Wanda and Pietro listed as "off planet" on that board?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I think X-Men fans would get really pissed if so many classic fan favs like Bobby, Warren, Piotr, Kitty, Illyana, Betsy, Lorna, Alex, and Ali were snubbed by someone who just became a mutant and is barely even an X-Man.

And casual audiences have shown they have zero interest in her. They are genuinely not interested. She starred in the biggest box office disaster of all time. Her show is the lowest watched Disney+ series. Her video game built on the Avengers branding was DOA. Marvel is already pulling the plug on her MCU future so they are not going to risk having her taint one of their more critically acclaimed projects.

i can’t believe im defending kamala khan but here i go… the one trump card I’ll say is Feige requested she got from inhuman to mutant that has to mean something.

the avengers game can’t be blamed on her… the avengers games are usually trash most them aren’t good video game characters (i mean everyone can’t be X-MEN)

the movie can’t be blamed on her either. she’s just a supporting character the only character that i feel can be blamed is carol danvers she’s the one audiences rejected at the box office (let rogue take her out plz)

the d+ series ill concede to you since it’s her show… but she’s a mutant now and you shouldn’t talk bad about her
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Why were Wanda and Pietro listed as "off planet" on that board?
    Avengers are in space for Operation Galactic Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i can’t believe im defending kamala khan but here i go… the one trump card I’ll say is Feige requested she got from inhuman to mutant that has to mean something.

the avengers game can’t be blamed on her… the avengers games are usually trash most them aren’t good video game characters (i mean everyone can’t be X-MEN)

the movie can’t be blamed on her either. she’s just a supporting character the only character that i feel can be blamed is carol danvers she’s the one audiences rejected at the box office (let rogue take her out plz)

the d+ series ill concede to you since it’s her show… but she’s a mutant now and you shouldn’t talk bad about her
    Feige requested that change because he thought she'd be the next big thing and that was before The Marvels came out.

The Avengers game was what Marvel put all their eggs behind and super high-profile. Even with all that promotion, it flopped hard. Kamala was the POV character for that and it was her narrative.

The Marvels was doomed to flop when 2/3 of the leads were TV show characters. Monica was not a character people watched WandaVision for and probably wouldn't even remember years later. Ms. Marvel was the lowest watched show. Audiences don't like to have to do homework to understand a movie, particularly not with a show nobody saw. The marketing focused as much on them as it did Carol. It was literally a team effort and all three failed to resonate.

I don't have a problem with Kamala but in X-Men media, where most of the beloved characters haven't had a chance to ever shine, I want to see them be given opportunities for once. Not an interloper who had her chances and failed all of them. Give her another show or series if need be, but don't let her hog screentime that could be given to the real X-Men in their series. This belongs to them.

Didn't Fabian Cortez betray him in the original show as well? He's probably wary of anymore Acolytes or random mutant supporters. He's at least worked alongside the X-Men to know them as people and trust them if they elect to side with him.
    Well, a lot of the Acolytes were on Genosha with Magneto when he was working to make it the country it was before the Sentinels blew it up. It's not like the Acolytes just left... They were still there with Magneto at the end of TAS.

Thanks!

Avengers are in space for Operation Galactic Storm.
    Thanks!

Feige requested that change because he thought she'd be the next big thing and that was before The Marvels came out.

The Avengers game was what Marvel put all their eggs behind and super high-profile. Even with all that promotion, it flopped hard. Kamala was the POV character for that and it was her narrative.

The Marvels was doomed to flop when 2/3 of the leads were TV show characters. Monica was not a character people watched WandaVision for and probably wouldn't even remember years later. Ms. Marvel was the lowest watched show. Audiences don't like to have to do homework to understand a movie, particularly not with a show nobody saw. The marketing focused as much on them as it did Carol. It was literally a team effort and all three failed to resonate.

I don't have a problem with Kamala but in X-Men media, where most of the beloved characters haven't had a chance to ever shine, I want to see them be given opportunities for once. Not an interloper who had her chances and failed all of them. Give her another show or series if need be, but don't let her hog screentime that could be given to the real X-Men in their series. This belongs to them.

yes but pov char or not that shouldn’t stop someone from buying a game (jubilee is a lame character imo but wouldn’t let that stop me from playing a X-MEN game based on 97… similar to the version of “magma” they forced in X-MEN: Legends I) if the actual game was good ppl would’ve bought it

ill agree to disagree on the marvels carol danvers is just a lame character in live action (but i blame brie for that) and you only get the movie because of carol. if wanna blame kamala for that fine i guess
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member

So since 6 months already passed to the epilogue with Forge and Bishop, will the next season be called X-Men ‘98 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So since 6 months already passed to the epilogue with Forge and Bishop, will the next season be called X-Men ‘98 ?
    Probably not likely bc then it sets a precedent that they'd have to commit to each season. Plus, '97 is more a reference to this being a continuation of when the original series ended more so than the year it takes place. With that context in mind, they can keep '97 for all subsequent seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    not sure but guessing from the radio broadcast in the episode i expect creed to be president by the end of season 2
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 05-16-2024 at 07:39 AM.

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    They liked cameos. Often said cameos never contributed to the plot. Still I have seen many people just being amazed that X or Y appeared. So it works, apparently.
    It certainly works.

People who know the characters from other media can point at the screen over recognizing them, fans/readers of the comics get the conformation that the character/team exists in that universe and various youtube channels can make their "things you missed in episode *number*" videos.

But this one felt somewhat odd.

This wasn't Morph turning into the character, a shot of them being elsewhere and reacting to developments (as the last episode heavily used) or a picture somewhere on a wall/screen, to confirm that they exist in this continuity and are active in some capcity similar to their comic counterparts at the time. Nor was there any real showcase beforehand to make the viewer care about their potential demise, like they did with the Academy X era kids, Dazzler, Multipleman, etc.

Marrow was never a huge favorite of mine but she was the most important new character in the late 90s and primed for a significant role. I remember even the first X-Men Legends game gave her a big role (as a boss replacing Callisto as leader of the Morlocks) probably based on the goodwill towards the character from that late 90s period. Even the X-Men monopoly board game that came out in the early 2000s made Marrow one of the main X-Men over arguably more known characters like Jubilee or Psylocke, because Marrow was on the active team roster. If Claremont had liked her, I imagine she'd have stuck around for the Revolution period, in which case maybe she wouldn't have fallen into obscurity. It never made sense to me that a Morlock wouldn't be on the X-Men team anyway.
    There was also a trading card game, which was clearly designed to benefit from the popularity of the first two movies by having everyone wear the black leather uniforms, which featured her as an X-men.

Her appearances in those other media products was arguably less goodwill and perhaps more an example of the "ripple effect" which can often occur between source material and adaptations/merchandise.

Some examples:
    - The products takes years to be released, so the creators used art and characters that were "current" when development begann but have long become outdated in the source material.
    - The IP holders hope that a new incarnation or direction is going to be the next big thing and order products to specifically make use of it, only for it to be short lived or quickly outdated via circumstances.
    - The creators do not have a contractual obligation to keep the merchandise in line with the source material, so they keep producing something outdated because it's cheaper to use what is allready made.
    - The creators of the product are only given a rough outline of what is planned in the source material at an earlier point in development, so their product diverts from the source material, which can include containing scenes or characters cut from it.

As for being removed with Revolution. Looking back it can feel like she was doomed either way.

The odd makeover Alan Davis' gave her (what ever it was his own idea or an editorial order is unknown) likely wasn't very beneficialy, but even if Claremeont had not unceremoniously removed her from the title, it's like that by the time Morrison took over she would have been gone either way, because of not matching what they and other writers at the time (many who's image of the team was seemingly influenced by the 1980's incarnation) had in mind when thinking X-men.

I would have preferred the show sticking to plots from the 90s or anything before that, so we could re-enter that era and experience this show like the original one never ended. I imagine Marrow would have benefited for sure.
    The original TAS was allready a hotchpotch of different eras in the guise of the 1992 Jim Lee incarnation of the team. So it makes sense that they wouldn't stick entirely to the 90's.

Though it can indeed be argued that it might have been more in the spirit of the original, if they had stuck to only using stories and developments which had occured up to 1997 in the comics, rather than essentialy "predicting the future" by taking stories, characters and developments which had occured in the comics after that year.

In this kind of scenario, she could have at least been used as a re-occuring henchmen or part of a different incarnation of Gene Nation as new villain team.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-16-2024 at 11:06 AM.

Okay, hear me out. If each season is a successive year (97, 98 etc.) it would make most sense to introduce Kamala and fam in X-Men 2001 or 2002 in an immediate post 9/11 atmosphere with peak Islamophobia.

It would be years till we get to that season (if we even get it at all), so I think the showrunners can take a crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Okay, hear me out. If each season is a successive year (97, 98 etc.) it would make most sense to introduce Kamala and fam in X-Men 2001 or 2002 in an immediate post 9/11 atmosphere with peak Islamophobia.

It would be years till we get to that season (if we even get it at all), so I think the showrunners can take a crack at it.
    I’d be surprised if they went that route, and if they did I think it would get quite messy in terms of the mutant metaphor, especially seeing as they just adapted the Genoshan massacre