Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I think Lorna is listed as one of Magneto's children in his profile. So it seems to be public knowledge.
    what profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what profile?
    They’re talking about this

https://www.tumblr.com/magnetostits/...s-his-children

I haven’t seen a screenshot showing more than the letter P. Fair to assume it’s supposed to be her though when paired with the boat scene.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    They’re talking about this

https://www.tumblr.com/magnetostits/...s-his-children

I haven’t seen a screenshot showing more than the letter P. Fair to assume it’s supposed to be her though when paired with the boat scene.
    Oh... oh boy... tha'ts a top quality inside joke.

AKA:
    Erik Lensherr, David Hemblen, Ian M{cKellen}, Michael R{osenbaum}

Team Affiliations:
    Brotherhood of Mutants, Acolytes, X-Men

Children:
    Quicksilver(son), Scarlet Witch(daughter), P{olaris}

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    You know... I saw this board and my brain immediately went NUTS with the question "Who's missing?"

Here's the board, to my best efforts, this is ALL of the names:
    Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Sunspot
    Xavier, Scarlet Witch, Colossus, Morph, Rogue, Dust, Archangel, Magik
    Wolverine, Iceman, Havok, Cable, Exodus, Quicksilver, Shadowcat, Emma Frost

There's certain notable additions, but SEVERAL missing names.
    Added: Shadowcat, Magik, Colossus, Dust, Exodus

Polaris isn't here. Havok is, but NO other X-factor is... or Acolyte. The only Brotherhood members are Wanda and Pietro.

Seemingly this is "just" the current version of X-Men. Not every mutant Forge can call for help. And also Bishop was there....

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post

I do 100% agree Salarta and jmc247 regarding Genosha. Like I say in the beginning I mainly watch for Jean and didn’t care about Lorna at all to appear in this cartoon. Then the Genosha episode happen and I couldn’t help getting frustrated over Lorna’s absence. I can speculate what might happen - flashbacks putting her there, updates to her status showing she is a survivor - but I’m only going off what I know and has been shown and it stinks for Lorna right now.

I had other frustration with lack of action from other characters this finale too. Too much happening and not enough time. Overall, I think season 1 started very strong and sort of lost me in the 2nd half. Still hopeful for season 2 for non-Lorna material based on the cliffhanger with Askani and En Sabah Nur. Mostly Askani which was a nice surprise for me.
    It felt like at the very end they want to prepare the ground if they decide to pull a HoM in season 3 or 4. But, it’s putting in sub minimal effort at this point to do so. The only reason House of M was anything like Lorna’s dream was because of her history with Genosha.

Wanda and Pietro as well had a smaller history with the island and were on it in ruins when they warped reality. In this universe Wanda and Pietro have never been members of the Brotherhood and Lorna has never been an Acolyte and the rest that came with that.

That makes for fundamentally different characters. Those who work on the show were probably noticing the popularity of HoM come 2021 with the explosion of interest after Wandavision. But, they haven’t done the groundwork to tap into that.

Polaris isn't here. Havok is, but NO other X-factor is... or Acolyte. The only Brotherhood members are Wanda and Pietro.
    Lorna was an Acolyte in main comics continuity not here as far as we know. Wanda and Pietro in this universe were never in the Brotherhood.

Magneto’s relationship with the twins was strained because of him being a lousy spouse to Magda. I don’t think TAS is all that custom designed to tap into what made the family popular.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-16-2024 at 03:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So at the end of X-Men 97 finale, Forge is listening to the radio, and that people are calling it the second coming of Magneto in Santa Marco.That’s obviously Polaris.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So at the end of X-Men 97 finale, Forge is listening to the radio, and that people are calling it the second coming of Magneto in Santa Marco.That’s obviously Polaris.
    Maybe it's the cynic in me but watch it be Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Genocide erasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    [...] the Genosha episode happen and I couldn’t help getting frustrated over Lorna’s absence. I can speculate what might happen - flashbacks putting her there, updates to her status showing she is a survivor - but I’m only going off what I know and has been shown and it stinks for Lorna right now.

I had other frustration with lack of action from other characters this finale too. Too much happening and not enough time. Overall, I think season 1 started very strong and sort of lost me in the 2nd half. Still hopeful for season 2 for non-Lorna material based on the cliffhanger with Askani and En Sabah Nur. Mostly Askani which was a nice surprise for me.
    Yeah, I think all Polaris fans are a bit miffed she wasn't represented in the Genoshan genocide episode, but she also wasn't represented during the actual event. Like JMC pointed out, she got some amazing moments after, making some really great comic moments, and I think she is the character who really carried the torch for Genosha. But sadly, she wasn't in E is for Extinction itself. So again, I'm hopeful she'll get the same echo we got to see in comics (and in Wolverine and the X-Men, to an extent), where she's the one holding the Genoshan torch. But I'll keep my expectations low, I'm not interested in being disappointed.

Don't curse us with this... lol

But there have already been Joesph theories in the first season, so... I wouldn't be surprised.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Interesting thought, though it’s difficult at the moment not to somewhat share whitecrown’s cynicism.

Going too vanilla with Lorna, Wanda, and Pietro in general in TAS in the past effectively benched them unless other characters need story development, because it’s not like the X-Men need another protagonist team to save them.

X-Men Evo was the first animated X-Men series Wanda and Pietro had a big role in and they did because they stood oppositional to the X-Men.

Same for WATXM which included Lorna. In terms of roles the X-women do not need another Jean, Storm, or Rogue. 1990s Lorna and Wanda were redundant as protagonists with x-women that already exist.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-16-2024 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post

Yeah, I think all Polaris fans are a bit miffed she wasn't represented in the Genoshan genocide episode, but she also wasn't represented during the actual event. Like JMC pointed out, she got some amazing moments after, making some really great comic moments, and I think she is the character who really carried the torch for Genosha. But sadly, she wasn't in E is for Extinction itself. So again, I'm hopeful she'll get the same echo we got to see in comics (and in Wolverine and the X-Men, to an extent), where she's the one holding the Genoshan torch. But I'll keep my expectations low, I'm not interested in being disappointed.

Don't curse us with this... lol

But there have already been Joesph theories in the first season, so... I wouldn't be surprised.
    To be honest, Polaris fans should probably feel relieved she wasn't in the original E is for Extinction. Tying her to someone the writer was insisting should only showcased as "A Mad Old Terrorist Twat" to use Morrison's words would NOT have been good for her - and I doubt Marvel would have been willing to do a second ass-pull retcon for Polaris.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that checks out.

It actually would make sense considering Joseph made his debut in a South American village. I can see them using Joseph as a scapegoat to throw him under the bus for what Magneto did in season 1

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It actually would make sense considering Joseph made his debut in a South American village. I can see them using Joseph as a scapegoat to throw him under the bus for what Magneto did in season 1
    When Bastion had Magneto captured. Sinister had plenty of access to his dna.

But in comics, Joseph was used mostly to be in the Rogue/Gambit love triangle and when Magneto was thought dead.
    Here, the viewers know Magneto is alive and with Rogue, while Gambit is the dead one. There’s no need to bring Joesph in.

Unless that was Mr Sinister’s plan for when he and Bastian had him captured. But then Val Cooper screwed that up by freeing Magnus.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-16-2024 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You know... I saw this board and my brain immediately went NUTS with the question "Who's missing?"

Here's the board, to my best efforts, this is ALL of the names:
    Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Sunspot
    Xavier, Scarlet Witch, Colossus, Morph, Rogue, Dust, Archangel, Magik
    Wolverine, Iceman, Havok, Cable, Exodus, Quicksilver, Shadowcat, Emma Frost

There's certain notable additions, but SEVERAL missing names.
    Added: Shadowcat, Magik, Colossus, Dust, Exodus

Seemingly this is "just" the current version of X-Men. Not every mutant Forge can call for help. And also Bishop was there....
    Yeah, this was a fan service board. A lot of people were left off. If anything, his wall looks like a list of people he's looking for. He might be in contact with Polaris, or maybe Polaris was the one mentioned on the radio. We don't know. I'm not too worried about her showing up on a wall with a DoA label.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    To be honest, Polaris fans should probably feel relieved she wasn't in the original E is for Extinction. Tying her to someone the writer was insisting should only showcased as "A Mad Old Terrorist Twat" to use Morrison's words would NOT have been good for her - and I doubt Marvel would have been willing to do a second ass-pull retcon for Polaris.
    Great point. And to add to that, had things been different, Polaris would not be the same character we have today. I appreciate how her experience unfolded for us, even with some things I felt were bad choices. But I liked Polaris before and after Genosha, so I tend to be in the minority in here. A lot of folks only like her post-Genosha.

But in comics, Joseph was used mostly to be in the Rogue/Gambit love triangle and when Magneto was thought dead.
    Here, the viewers know Magneto is alive and with Rogue, while Gambit is the dead one. There’s no need to bring Joesph in.

Unless that was Mr Sinister’s plan for when he and Bastian had him captured. But then Val Cooper screwed that up by freeing Magnus.
    Unless they're pulling another "It was the clone all aloooong!" and it's actually Joseph in the past with Rogue. But I would really hate for Madelyne's story to be outweighed or diminished for Joseph, of all clones.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I think he may be used as a get out of jail free card bc Magneto should be captured when he returns. They can easily blame it on Joseph and say he was responsible for the EM pulse