Page 95 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1817

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I almost forgot Betsy and Forge were on a team together before during the Jim Lee era!
    Not much interaction btw Betts and Forge that I recall...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Incredible Member

What if Betsy doing time in 616 happens to be an outcome of her facing saturnyne one last time in the pride one shot?

I have some questions for you all but I will also answer them because I want to share my opinion...

1: What kind of villain do you think Betsy needs to face?
    A: I would like to see Betsy face a psychic villain like the Shadow King or Cassandra Nova, maybe a new villain as long as it's psychic.

2: What kind of feats does she need?
    A: I think she needs psychic feats (that's why I talked about psychic villains) and also physical feats. Since Kwannon came back, a lot of people underestimate Betsy in terms of fighting and I would really like to see her show them that she kept all the knowledge she acquired (I mean, she had a lifetime of training). We cannot forget CB's feats, we need to establish what are her limits of strength, speed, etc.

3: What aesthetic would you like to see in the character?
    A: I would like to see Betsy use the CB armor like Tony wore his Iron Man's armor in the Avengers movies (for example: there's a scene where he tries to lift Thor's hammer so he only uses his armored hand to try to lift it). In Betsy's case, let's say she needs to break a wall, so she just summons her CB's arm and breaks the wall, something like that...

(I'm not talking about her exclusively on X-Force, I'm talking generally about the character's future.)
    Last edited by HOXOR; 05-16-2024 at 05:51 AM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"
    (Twitter/X: twitter.com/AlanHoxor)

Quote Originally Posted by HOXOR View Post
    I have some questions for you all but I will also answer them because I want to share my opinion...

A: I would like to see Betsy face a psychic villain like the Shadow King or Cassandra Nova, maybe a new villain as long as it's psychic.
    Psychic and physical. I'd love to see Sapphire Styx come back. She got the drop on our girl in Mystery in Madripoor and an amped up version of her could be a great foil for Betsy.
    Randomly, I also want Betsy to fight Power Princess. I don't even have a reason but I just want it especially with P being a multiversal character. With all magic CB strength and her teke backing her she needs strong opponents she can go all out against.

1: What kind of villain do you think Betsy needs to face

A: I want Betsy to fight a villian on the astral plane , preferably Shadow King aswell.

2: What kind of feats does she need
    A: Physical feats I'd love for a sparring session Scene with Rachel! Kicking her ass in a " i love you but I win " way.

Less shield. I love when she just uses her sword without her shield becuase it just looks more badass to me and more sleek and cool even tho a shield is more practical! And also more butterfly , I know its back but I wanna see moreee

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Less shield. I love when she just uses her sword without her shield becuase it just looks more badass to me and more sleek and cool even tho a shield is more practical!
    IMHO, I think Betsy with the sword and shield shows us duality and diversity. Most Marvel Captains either use shields (because of Captain America) or nothing at all, just their own powers.

In the ideology of the Captains Britain, the true hero chooses the amulet over the sword, because the true virtuous are not violent. In Betsy's case, the shield would represent this good side, the defender, while the sword represents the evil side, the aggressor.

We have several sword-using characters in the X-Men such as: Psylocke, Magik, Captain Avalon, Nightcrawler, Kate Pryde, Deadpool, Shatterstar, Gorgon, Rasputin, etc.

Betsy with the shield sets her apart from these characters, makes her more unique and because she is a psychic she stands alongside characters like Dani Moonstar and Kid Omega, who use weapons but not as common as a simple sword.

For me she could have two "stances".
    One being just her with fighting techniques, as punches and kicks followed by her psychic knife against less physical characters (those who don't know how to fight and depends more on their powers) and for more "stealth" missions. The other being the sword and shield, against more physically capable characters (those who know how to fight and are the "heavy hitters" like Colossus would say) and against other sword users.

Last edited by HOXOR; 05-16-2024 at 07:00 AM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"

Quote Originally Posted by HOXOR View Post
    IMHO, I think Betsy with the sword and shield shows us duality and diversity. Most Marvel Captains either use shields (because of Captain America) or nothing at all, just their own powers.

In the ideology of the Captains Britain, the true hero chooses the amulet over the sword, because the true virtuous are not violent. In Betsy's case, the shield would represent this good side, the defender, while the sword represents the evil side, the aggressor.

We have several sword-using characters in the X-Men such as: Psylocke, Magik, Captain Avalon, Nightcrawler, Kate Pryde, Deadpool, Shatterstar, Gorgon, Rasputin, etc.

Betsy with the shield sets her apart from these characters, makes her more unique and because she is a psychic she stands alongside characters like Dani Moonstar and Kid Omega, who use weapons but not as common as a simple sword.

For me she could have two "stances".
    One being just her with fighting techniques, as punches and kicks followed by her psychic knife against less physical characters (those who don't know how to fight and depends more on their powers) and for more "stealth" missions. The other being the sword and shield, against more physically capable characters (those who know how to fight and are the "heavy hitters" like Colossus would say) and against other sword users.

Yea it is true that it makes her stand out and has more of a personal meaning to her but I think she should use her psionic abilities to switch it up like maybe remove the shield sometimes but then make it pop up again

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Yea it is true that it makes her stand out and has more of a personal meaning to her but I think she should use her psionic abilities to switch it up like maybe remove the shield sometimes but then make it pop up again
    True! The good thing about Betsy is that she is versatile and can switch between weapons and fighting styles.

The bad thing about the shield for me was seeing people lining up behind Betsy to defend themselves from an attack, I think this medieval shield should be only personal. To defend others she should use a normal shield like a telekinetic would do!
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"

I'd like Betsy to have 2 modes

1. Cap Britain Mode: Cap Brit suit and all it's feats. Starlight sword and teke shiled.
    2. Lady Braddock/X-Force Mode: More melee fighting and all she needs is her Butterfly! More pshycic tricks. Reading enemy's movement, illusion, psycho bolt and occasional butterfly kunais

A: I would love for her to have a run in with Elias Bogan since she was supposed to be the actual mystery telepath in X-treme X-Men. or Vixen and whatever new squad of villains they come up with.

A: I love and of her TK/TP combos. I really do with the Captain Britain power upgrade for her would have been Green Lantern esque. Not as grand scale but just enough.

A: Something sexy and form fitting preferrably in purple, blue or black. Something similar to the Aussie armour but without the cape and face mask. Or like the Anka uniform but in a shade of blue, teal or lavender
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-16-2024 at 10:22 AM.

As far as villains, I myself also prefer psychics.

Although, I wouldn't mind a second take on Vargas or Kuragari.

Incredible Member

so cute. i love the hairstyle.

A: What I love about Betsy is that it suits her to have psychic enemies like Shadow King and Cassandra Nova, physical enemies like Sabretooth, Slaymaster and the HAND and also crazy/magical enemies like Mojo, Spiral and Saturnyne. So all of those suit me very well for her and I love when they come back to torment her.

A: I like her being a sneaky and creative telepath, creating illusions and confusing her opponents. the Butterfly effect is a must when she uses to communicate. I love her TK sword and shield if she actually uses them, and not only swings them around. Also don't mind when she creates other weapons, like the bow. And I love that she's one of the only telepaths with great fighting abilities. Don't care much at her flying and being super strong but I guess as long as she's CB it will stick around.

A: Purple, black, pink and lavender are her colors for me. Her hair need to be long, light purple and flowy. Her eyes also purple. As for costume I like it to be sleek, sexy, form fitting, elegant with a hint of her noble/Otherworld roots: shoulder armor, a metal boot. and please: NO CAPES! OR HOODS! OR MASKS!

I posted this several times but it translates well how I think she and Kwannon should look like.
    kwannon-betsy.jpg
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    This is so adorable ! And thank you for the questions , and I agree with everyone's answers! Rlly gets the hype for x force going