Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast

I personally cannot wait to see Remy’s anime style magical girl transformation! All glowing skin and leather straps and flying hair and …I think I’ve said too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I don't think DeMayo cares enough about Gambit to give him any plot more complex than spoilers:
    Deathbit + Romy angst.
    end of spoilers
    Sorry, my bitterness is coming through, lol.
    He cared enough to give him one of the greatest death scenes in superhero history.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Beau saying Gambit dying was always the plan now. Guess who do you believe is telling the truth him or Jake
    Both could be right from their perspectives. Beau may have been thinking Gambit all along but there was debate with others suggested before Gambit was agreed.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Both could be right from their perspectives. Beau may have been thinking Gambit all along but there was debate with others suggested before Gambit was agreed.
    Jake was saying it wasn't originally Remy but it changed based on what the story needed. Beau said Remy from day one

He cared enough to give him one of the greatest death scenes in superhero history.
    And it was pretty much all he was given. Insecurity->Tragedy->Death. Like Purp said it was good that he was mature with the rejection and then fighting along side Rogue after the Rogneto dance&kiss. Butt it was all tragedy. Like really wiping it in so there was no mistake how tragic it was.

I was afraid that the death, good as it was, would be used as some sort of shield. A shield to deflect criticism. Because let’s be fair, the only good thing Remy got beside 2 small moments in the first episode was his death. He managed to go through episode 2&3 without a good fight, he was even unconscious in episode 3.

Now I have no inside knowledge about how much DeMayo cares or not cares about Remy. But based on the show and his twitter he sure seems to enjoy trolling Gambit fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I personally cannot wait to see Remy’s anime style magical girl transformation! All glowing skin and leather straps and flying hair and …I think I’ve said too much.
    I just hope that he will get his torn ear back

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    And it was pretty much all he was given. Insecurity->Tragedy->Death. Like Purp said it was good that he was mature with the rejection and then fighting along side Rogue after the Rogneto dance&kiss. Butt it was all tragedy. Like really wiping it in so there was no mistake how tragic it was.
    This is the only thing that keeps my hope alive. That his death was ultimate tragic and great at the same time.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-16-2024 at 07:53 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Beau saying Gambit dying was always the plan now. Guess who do you believe is telling the truth him or Jake
    I believe Jake. Beau says a lot and he's about 50/50 whether he's truthful or not.

In regards to Deathbit, I'm kind of excited. The comics were bad but the concept is good, especially playing into the tragedy of how Gambit died in the show.
    Make Good Art

Indeed. Nicely animated, to boot...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Deathbit always had potential, ep 5 showed me enough proof that they can utilize his powers in a creative way. They've already improved it by resurrecting him rather than having him approach Apocalypse to "keep an eye on him". So they're already off to a better start

There's a buzz over at Twitter, people seem really excited, which I'm happy the hear, maybe because they didn't expect it. For me personally I would've liked him to return whole by season's end, but you know what? Our boy is back for next season, that's the important thing, so I'll take it.
    I agree with you.
    Death Gambit it's not a good story, but DeMayo take good ideias in the bad stories and transform in a good plot

remember It (haha): Gambit was left in some x-movies, he lost the relevance year by year in the comics, he become on Rogue's sidekick ( I love Rogue to and I love the couple since 94), he had small sparkles, and the X-97 increases Gambit popularity. Simple: see Intagram, Twitter or another social media site, the post than have Gambit or Rogue have more likes than another other x-men(exceply Wolverine) and other another popular characthers.
    The episode 5 de X97 it's more relevant and celebrated of cartoon than the first appearance of Harley queen in BTAS

Disney sends the episode #5 to Emmy, I think it's excelent momento to be a fan of Gambit.

It's clear for me, Demayo it's not a hugh fan of Gambit, but he understand he relevance for the show and the fandon of x-men, which made for an episode with great emotional impact.
    And DeMayo already prepared the return of Gambit

It's good time to be fan of Gambit

I'd hope to see some character building from Deathbit. We've had 5 episodes in a row with no Gambit (just references from Rogue mostly, and a funeral), and besides ep 5 (and maybe ep 1) we haven't really had anything of substance. Maybe some scenes with him working closely with Apocalypse helping him recruit the other Horseman and leading them. Would like to see Mystique there too, they've got a great love/hate dynamic in the comics and she did frame him in DoFP (XTAS).

I do love the idea of Deathbit snapping out of it, only to continue a long con and keep up the Horseman act to betray Apocalypse in the end. Similar to what he did in Genosha in the original 92 cartoon, and Messiah Complex in the books. Please please please let them add some depth to this character development and make that god-awful Blood of Apocalypse story make any kind of sense!

Jake was saying it wasn't originally Remy but it changed based on what the story needed. Beau said Remy from day one
    Read what I said. Beau may have been thinking Gambit from day 1 but the overall writing room may have been debating who it would be as the story evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

I was afraid that the death, good as it was, would be used as some sort of shield. A shield to deflect criticism. Because let’s be fair, the only good thing Remy got beside 2 small moments in the first episode was his death. He managed to go through episode 2&3 without a good fight, he was even unconscious in episode 3.

Now I have no inside knowledge about how much DeMayo cares or not cares about Remy. But based on the show and his twitter he sure seems to enjoy trolling Gambit fans.
    He was given more than most. Wolverine was meh. Storm did virtually nothing upon returning to the team. Bishop was sent to the future and disappeared for most of the story. Rogue was annoyingly wishy washy.

Yes we all want Gambit to be getting great scenes every episode but that isnt reality given all the characters involved. What he did get is one of the greatest episodes ever where he was shown as the most capable mutant. Let me recap again as posted this in another thread.

1. He has the nice moment with Nightcrawler.
    2. He and Rogue had the airing out of their relationship.
    3. He was helping people while Rogue and Mags were unconscious for an undetermined period of time.
    4. He also foreshadows his own death when he talks about the Godzilla Sentinel and says if you go at it you end up dead.
    5. He has the nice action sequence on the motorbike where he flips it and destroys two mini Sentinels with his cards.
    6. He also makes a decision crucial to saving the Morlocks as he looks at Rogue fighting mini Sentinels and rather to delay getting to the Morlocks to help her, he correctly judges she can handle.
    7. Because of 6 above he arrives just in time to save the Morlocks and shortly after one of them saves the X-men are not their friends.
    8. He literally stops a whole freaking train from killing him and the Morlocks with a scarf. A SCARF!!!
    9. While Rogue is being emotional, Gambit is cool under pressure. One of the more underrated aspects of this is the fact that throughout this whole sequence when he has every reason to be mad at Rogue and Mags, he remains adult enough to answer Mags questions, take orders from him and give Mags his due when Mags was trying to protect them.
    10. After Mags is seemingly killed and Rogue lets her emotions get the best of her with her suicidal attack, (remember Gambit said in 4 above, you go at it you die) Gambit takes one look at his motorbike and makes the split second decision that the only way he can stop a flying Rogue is to charge up and hurl the whole damn bike at her.
    11. After this and seeing the Sentinel about to kill Nightcrawler and others Gambit runs headlong into certain death (remember Gambit said in 4 above, you go at it you die).
    12. Gambit knows full well he is going to die going at the Sentinel (remember Gambit said in 4 above you go at it you die) and having been observing the Wild Sentinel this whole time including when Rogue and Mags were unconscious almost certainly knows he is too close and fast for the Sentinels retinal blasts to hit him. Due to that observation he likely also knows it has short range attack capabilities and it is my opinion that he knows full well the only option the Sentinel has to stop him is via that stabbing attack. This is Gambits final and greatest gambit. He jumps in the air leaving himself fully exposed to lure the Sentinel into stabbing him. In so doing he knowingly sacrifices himself (remember Gambit said in 4 above you go at it you die) so that he can charge the whole Godzilla Sentinel up and destroy it.

So for me it is Gambit's shining episode. He did what no other mutant could including several Omega level Magneto. It will literally go down as one of the most iconic deaths in superhero media.

I think season 2 is all about preventing the Age of Apocalypse from happening. He's setting the wheels in motion whilst taking advantage of the X-Men disappearing in the present and making his move by recruiting his Horsemen. The X-Men in the past (ancient Egypt) will need to help young Apocalypse to dethrone Kang. Cyclops and Jean are in the future (under Apocalypse's rule) finding out exactly what happened and how to stop him. It's up to Bishop to bring them back.

In Xavier's vision in ep 6 has Gambit/Deathbit causing a catastrophic event killing Xavier in the process, it was not only a vision of Genosha, but his own death. Similar to 'Legion's Quest' but with Deathbit instead. It'd up to Rogue to snap Remy out of his trance when she returns to the present. I think the love triangle between Gambit/Rogue/Magneto is actually a big deal. Beau said it was "key" for Gambit to die not knowing that Rogue chose him. If Rogue fails, the Age of Apocalypse will happen...a dystopian future with her marrying Magneto and having a child named "Charles" after his passing...hence AoA, and I think we'll get a glimpse of this for an episode. Magneto's still pining for Rogue, so I think there'll be some development there for the first half of season 2...but the second half of the season would be Rogue trying to save Gambit and to convince him that she loves him. As cheesy as that sounds, I think their love is going to factor very heavily on the outcome of this war with Apocalypse and the future.

Remember the love triangle was the centrepiece of Ep 5, the most important (and best) episode of the series so far.