Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So now we know which characters are definitely benched in the new era LOL.
    On paper I like Hope's ending, but the execution felt stale and anticlimatic.
    And of course they're going to use the excuse of the 5 being in the WHR to explain why resurrections are no longer happening, even though they could all be replaced by other mutants.
    Let's be honest, there is nothing here that tech (and other things) in the Marvel Universe can't do. We have seen it. And anything that cannot happen anymore because of reasons is as believable as the reasons it was allowed to happen in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Let's be honest, there is nothing here that tech (and other things) in the Marvel Universe can't do. We have seen it. And anything that cannot happen anymore because of reasons is as believable as the reasons it was allowed to happen in the first place.
    Yeah, this is true. It's all comic book logic anyway, but sometimes the rules break previously established notions, which can be a bit jarring.

I know there was a debate about souls and whether these could be considered the real deal or simply clones but I think learning that Hope was a Phoenix fragment and she was instrumental to all the resurrections implies that the Phoenix breathed life into each person that emerged from the egg. They are the real deal bc of that. Marvel tech would just make them simple cloens as we have seen Sinister to before and less acccepted as the real deal

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, this is true. It's all comic book logic anyway, but sometimes the rules break previously established notions, which can be a bit jarring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I know there was a debate about souls and whether these could be considered the real deal or simply clones but I think learning that Hope was a Phoenix fragment and she was instrumental to all the resurrections implies that the Phoenix breathed life into each person that emerged from the egg. They are the real deal bc of that. Marvel tech would just make them simple cloens as we have seen Sinister to before and less acccepted as the real deal
    Maybe we will see something said on page to suggest that is the case to make it easier to move on. Personally, I like the idea that Hope was the key because in retrospect it makes her 'Messiah' story more important.

Mighty Member

I conceptually want to like this. But in execution... it feels hollow.

Do we have a list of all benched characters in the White Hot Room?

From the last issue I can recognize:

Tempus
    Elixir
    Egg
    Proteus
    Legion
    Jumbo Carnation
    Kafka (the winged kid)

I'm not sure if the others are even named.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I've said before and I'll say it again Jackal Tech, it brings you back with your original soul with a couple caveats that keeps writers from abusing it.
    1) The genetic sample must be harvested after death, so no body, no luck.
    2) Bring a person back damages the soul and too much damage drives you insane which means there is a limit on how many times you can be brought.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Also, can anyone clarify why some were left behind in the WHR? Why didn't they return alongside the resurrected X-men?
    Last edited by Factor; 05-16-2024 at 08:11 AM.

Also, can anyone clarify why some where left behind in the WHR? Why didn't they return alongside the resurrected X-men?
    According to Sinister who still had access to Doug's abilities, Krakoa only had enough "power" to send a select few across time and space to get them to Krakoa proper. It basically took all the energy Krakoa had to send them and that's why we see Atlantic Krakoa looking dried out and depleted.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Also, can anyone clarify why some where left behind in the WHR? Why didn't they return alongside the resurrected X-men?
    There was not enough energy in the exiled Krakoa to grow enough pods (which would transfer them) for everyone. Combat abled people were given priority.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    According to Sinister who still had access to Doug's abilities, Krakoa only had enough "power" to send a select few across time and space to get them to Krakoa proper. It basically took all the energy Krakoa had to send them and that's why we see Atlantic Krakoa looking dried out and depleted.
    Oh I see. You'd think they'd have prioritized the Five. A reality warper would have come in handy.

Extraordinary Member

Oh I see. You'd think they'd have prioritized the Five. A reality warper would have come in handy.
    I was surprised by that because the reason given for Hope staying was she was needed to deal with the Phoenix.

Why cant Rachel be used to pluck individuals out of the WHR?

I was surprised by that because the reason given for Hope staying was she was needed to deal with the Phoenix.
    They could have at least included a scene of the Five choosing to remain alongside Hope. But the way it was done just seems poorly thought out.