Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Storm' from Murewa Ayodele and Lucas Werneck launches in October

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-lucas-werneck

Earlier this week, Marvel proudly announced that Storm, one of comic books’ most iconic super heroes, will be joining the Avengers this August! It’s the first step in what promises to be a renaissance for the beloved character, as Marvel will also be launching an all-new STORM solo ongoing series in October!

Set in the X-Men’s highly anticipated From the Ashes era, STORM will be brought to life by Murewa Ayodele, the acclaimed writer behind Akogun: Brutalizer of Gods, who made his Marvel debut last year with MOON KNIGHT: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD and I AM IRON MAN, and Lucas Werneck, the superstar artist known for his work on recent X-Men epics like IMMORTAL X-MEN and SINS OF SINISTER. Werneck also designed a stunning new costume for Storm’s exciting new venture into solo storytelling!

Storm has always been a prime protector of the planet. With the loss of Krakoa, that position becomes more important to her than ever. From her new super hero headquarters, Storm begins making decisions that will forecast the future of the Marvel Universe. Her bold actions will stir forces around and even beyond Earth, calling forth enemies that match her strength and determination.

Storm has never needed a throne to rule the skies. Now, watch in awe as this new series elevates her to the heights that only she can reach!

Ororo Munroe has lived many lives. She’s been a thief, a goddess, an X-Man, a queen, and now… an Avenger! She is the most prominent, most respected and most powerful mutant on the world stage—and in that role, she intends to be a force for positive change.

First up: a major meltdown at a nuclear facility in Oklahoma City draws Storm from her Sanctuary in Atlanta—and into a moral conflict that will test her iron resolve! As one of the year’s biggest launches, it’ll be packed with guest stars including Storm’s fellow Avengers, X-Factor’s Frenzy, and more!

On the challenges Storm will face, Ayodele said, "As a fan of Storm, her duties to the X-Men, and what she stands for in various real-world communities, I would like to assure the audience that Storm is in danger. Extremely so. We love Ororo Munroe, and that is why we have crafted a thrilling story that will put the strength of her character on wide-open display."

"But when you’re an Omega-level mutant, few things can test your limits, and even fewer things can shatter those limits," he continued. "For our STORM series, one thing we would like fans to remember is that there are threats that are beyond Omega. Prepare yourselves for an extraordinary display of superheroism that leaves knuckles bloody, knees bashed in, and mountains cratered."

"We are building towards gargantuan conflicts that will shake the universe from Planet Earth to the Dimension of Manifestations," he explained. "We are crafting stories filled to the brim with humanity, love, mystery, adventure, heartbreak, and all-out action."

"Tom Brevoort, the editor behind Marvel’s most universe-shattering events, Lucas Werneck, the incredible artist known for his genius-level attention to design and character work, and I are cooking with supernovas on this series. So join us on this journey that promises to be exciting till the bitter-sweet end. Get ready for an ETERNAL STORM," he added.

"I still can't believe that Marvel gave me this gift," Werneck added. "Storm is a character that I love, and I have so much respect for what this character represents to people. We’re working with so much love and devotion on this project, and I hope that fans enjoy it as much as we're enjoying making it."

Drawn by acclaimed artist Mateus Manhanini, the series’ covers will be just as breathtaking as Storm’s feats! Check out his debut issue cover now along with Werneck’s original design sheet for Storm’s new costume, and be there when the clouds part on STORM’s new era this October.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Goddess be praised!

Cool! I'm very curious about the writer. Werneck is a bit hit or miss for me. Sometimes his pages look incredible, but a lot of times they look really rushed. We'll see.
    The costume is not bad, but certainly a downgrade. I feel like the X on her chest just looks a bit generic and doesn't go well with the rest. Her waist area reminds me of the Flash's costume. I do like the hair but I think I'll miss her Red look. This feels like a lesser version.

So she’s in Atlanta, right up the road from Rogue, Remy, Logan, Kurt and Jubilee in New Orleans. Cool.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Thank goodness that awfull hint of women of marvel will never happen.

I love the design, it is a good follow up after her X-men Red Costume

The design is nice and I haven't heard of the writer Murewa Ayodele before.

I just hope they update her logo.

OK, I take it back. This book might actually last beyond 10 issues.

Lucas is definitely hit or miss. When he's on he's on, but many times he's off, and turning in sloppy, rushed work will not do in this case. I also don't love the new look. Dauterman's Red look was only okay, and this is a lesser version. Goddess watch over us, we are in uncertain terrain. Also, Atlanta? Really? That feels like pandering. Ororo ain't no damn Georgia peach. Oh well, let's see what they got....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So she’s in Atlanta, right up the road from Rogue, Remy, Logan, Kurt and Jubilee in New Orleans. Cool.
    I wouldn’t exactly say 470 miles away is “right up the road” from New Orleans…

I'm very happy Storm is finally getting this push and I'm excited for this. My only thing is that they're advertising the book as part of the X-Line and already there's mention of the Avengers as supporting characters. So is this an X-Book or an Avengers family book? Because if it's the latter, that will make my interest drop from a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn’t exactly say 470 miles away is “right up the road” from New Orleans…
    For someone who can fly at half-lightspeed, its right up the road. That said, I don't expect a lot of crossover in these books, but who knows.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new costume. More streamlined than Dauterman's designs, and more marketable.
    I don't know the writer but Wernek is cool in my book.

I love that they're marketing her "going to new heights and omega powers bla bla" and then "She's leaving Atlanta for Oklahoma one weekend."

Astonishing Member

That's a pretty good look for Ororo. No one can be Dave Cockrum's original design, but this is a nice update. Okay, I hate the collar -- looks like she'd have trouble breathing.

Extraordinary Member

I like the way the writer describes this story and look forward to more details and an actual preview.

Not sure about Lucas because his art in fall of the house of x was weak but probably Storm has the best design in new era.

Maybe they should have bullied Tom for a redesign for jean