Page 154 of 176 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2633

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Really? I thought spoilers:
    ...that they would use this as an opportunity to bring back Bast and have them cure him.
    end of spoilers
    Call it a hunch. We'll see in 3 months.

Ultimate Member

Speaking of Bast, has she appeared after the Intergalactic fiasco?

I still don't know why Bast acted the way she did in that arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Speaking of Bast, has she appeared after the Intergalactic fiasco?

I still don't know why Bast acted the way she did in that arc.
    Lol, you do remember who wrote that right?

There was a short story starring Bast, T'Challa and Thor. I don't remember where it was released or how canon it is.

Amazing Member

The solicit for Storm's new solo has been released and based off this tweet from the writer its like a 99% chance T'Challa shows up. SmartSelect_20240516_152017_X.jpg

Mixed feelings on this:
    1. Post-Hudlin, T'Challa historically always gets the short-end of the stick in their interactions. T'Challa's always wrong, even when Storm is wrong (*cough* X of Swords).
    2. Never read anything from this writer, and I'm always weary about these newer-ish writers when it comes to T'Challa because they often take the idea of "T'Challa's so cool and machismo" for granted and decide to do some bullshit.

Now on the other hand, this allows for the dynamic between Storm and T'Challa (romantic or otherwise) to not be so asymmetric, where it's always Storm coming into his books, lecturing and saving him. Maybe (very small maybe) the writer decides to do the reverse, where T'Challa is allowed to come into her run and be of service, "save the day" one time.

I also imagine this means we're gonna see some more of the Intergalactic Empire.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm going to make a prediction here, but I won't say why just yet. If I end up being right, I'll explain my reasoning in the future:

spoilers:
    Either Shuri or Ikoko will cure T'Challa.
    end of spoilers
    LOL obvious. Exactly, DigiCom. Not only will they do such but then they will explain how they did it much to T'Challa's chagrin and utter amazement, not to mention his eternal gratitude.

OH, HOW SOON WE FORGET...

Words from the writer and artist of Black Panther - Blood Hunt

“Long live the king! Literally! While T’Challa has always been the height of human excellence, steering such a legendary character as he navigates a supernatural battlefield populated with gods and monsters — all while adapting to a form and newfound powers unfamiliar to him — has been a treat,” Eaton said. “T’Challa’s royal status is not just Wakandan in nature, but vampiric as well. And I can’t wait to explore both of those bloodlines. No pun intended!”

“Once I read the script, I was delightfully surprised about where the story was going and how cool the tone and atmosphere were,” Karami added. “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes animated series was my introduction to most of Marvel’s super heroes, and Black Panther was my favorite character there. The chance to draw T’Challa as a vampire battling other vampires and some African mythological demons in such an epic yet dark tale has been a dream come true.”

Man they keep throwing stuff at the wall hoping it sticks. King of the Dead. Emperor of an Intergalactic Empire. Now a descendant from a long lost tribe of vampires... from his mother's side. Convulsion or dilution, the dissolution of T'Challa the Black Panther remains unabated.

BP is like a pinata. Everyone is taking a whack at him.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm going to make a prediction here, but I won't say why just yet. If I end up being right, I'll explain my reasoning in the future:

spoilers:
    Either Shuri or Ikoko will cure T'Challa.
    end of spoilers
    Ugh. No.... That better not be the case. Plus it doesn't make sense given what JA established with T'Challa and Vampire's

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To be fair, TNC had to have 3 interviews before he actually said what he LIKED about T'Challa, as the first two he went on and on about what he didn't like or what didn't make sense to him (like how T'Challa could be surrounded by the DM and NOT take advantage) but yeah, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words
    Wait what, did he actually say that?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    The solicit for Storm's new solo has been released and based off this tweet from the writer its like a 99% chance T'Challa shows up. SmartSelect_20240516_152017_X.jpg

Mixed feelings on this:
    1. Post-Hudlin, T'Challa historically always gets the short-end of the stick in their interactions. T'Challa's always wrong, even when Storm is wrong (*cough* X of Swords).
    2. Never read anything from this writer, and I'm always weary about these newer-ish writers when it comes to T'Challa because they often take the idea of "T'Challa's so cool and machismo" for granted and decide to do some bullshit.

Now on the other hand, this allows for the dynamic between Storm and T'Challa (romantic or otherwise) to not be so asymmetric, where it's always Storm coming into his books, lecturing and saving him. Maybe (very small maybe) the writer decides to do the reverse, where T'Challa is allowed to come into her run and be of service, "save the day" one time.

I also imagine this means we're gonna see some more of the Intergalactic Empire.
    I recognize Ayodele, he was the writer of the Iron Man anniversary book I Am Iron Man from last year.

Really good book. Some very creative plots, nice characterization of Tony, and plus good knowledge of his history.

It was only a miniseries but it was an excellent read so hopefully this guy can prove he has it for a full ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ture View Post
    LOL obvious. Exactly, DigiCom. Not only will they do such but then they will explain how they did it much to T'Challa's chagrin and utter amazement, not to mention his eternal gratitude.

OH, HOW SOON WE FORGET...

Words from the writer and artist of Black Panther - Blood Hunt

“Long live the king! Literally! While T’Challa has always been the height of human excellence, steering such a legendary character as he navigates a supernatural battlefield populated with gods and monsters — all while adapting to a form and newfound powers unfamiliar to him — has been a treat,” Eaton said. “T’Challa’s royal status is not just Wakandan in nature, but vampiric as well. And I can’t wait to explore both of those bloodlines. No pun intended!”

“Once I read the script, I was delightfully surprised about where the story was going and how cool the tone and atmosphere were,” Karami added. “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes animated series was my introduction to most of Marvel’s super heroes, and Black Panther was my favorite character there. The chance to draw T’Challa as a vampire battling other vampires and some African mythological demons in such an epic yet dark tale has been a dream come true.”

Man they keep throwing stuff at the wall hoping it sticks. King of the Dead. Emperor of an Intergalactic Empire. Now a descendant from a long lost tribe of vampires... from his mother's side. Convulsion or dilution, the dissolution of T'Challa the Black Panther remains unabated.
    Eh I don’t see the problem

The solicits literally say he’s a double agent within the vampires

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I’m gonna need this issue to deliver on some action

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The solicits literally say he’s a double agent within the vampires
    Exactly. I'm actually looking forward to it tbh, don't see anything inherently detrimental with T'Challa becoming a vampire as a premise. I also didn't mind how he sacrificed himself in Blood Hunt either.