Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1439
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I guess I read Gambit walking away differently. I acknowledge that it is a moment open to interpretation. To me, it seemed like the mature thing to do. He doesn't lose his cool, he doesn't create a scene, he chooses not to watch something that he knows will hurt him.

Tbh, I probably should have done what Gambit did rather than hate watching the backend of the show. Lol.
    I feel like you're both right. He's insecure "scoundrels like me" and he is simply the kind to cause scenes to hurt Rogue. If Gambit wanted to he could have grabbed Madalyn and ask for a dance and they could have had a dance off. But he wasn't interested in showing up Rogue. He simply knows it's something Rogue has to go through and will hopefully come back to him "til then we be friends mon ami"

Though this le as d to a terrible directing choice from the director and we don't follow Remy at all so the next scene feels too jumbled because seems
    Ike he was out there for awhile helping people til Rogue shows up but they didn't bother to focus on Remy tending to the injured

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post

Brainwashing is necessary for submission.
    And Rogue is the key to changing the brainwashing and Remy sees himself as the real old Gambit. I think we have a quick resolution to this, one more episode of resolution, but the story will be prepared in 3 or 4 episodes. At the end of season 2, Gambit and Rogue living together and in love, help the X-Men defeat Apocalypse, and Gambit and Rogue permanently leave the team at the end of the season.
    Bastion was defeated only in the last episode. So I am sure thar Apoc will be defeated only in the last Episode of S2. Probably in post credit scene again Gambit will go to Sinister for help to get free from Death.

Gambit as Marauder and Messiah Complex for season 3.

Unfortunatelly I don't expect Gambit to be join X-Men in S2 or have his intro card.

To me Apocalypse should be a seaaon long story. You can have other min stories within that but perhaps the epic confrotation with Rogue is episode 5 and Gambit's long con ends in episode 10 with him helping defeat Apocalypse. Perhaps after doing so, he leaves the team without Rogue to sort things out and Gambit's animated solo series is announced. Season 1 is starts with his origin story and time before the X-men and midway through Rogue joins and they has things out and go on adventures together.

As for why Poccy wants Gambit perhaps we get a story built off of Poccy's cryptic comment about Gambit's heritage that was referenced in the comics but never explained. I always had a head canon that Poccy was aluding to Gambit being his son or descendent and being abandoned as a kid in keeping with Apocalypse's survival of the fittest ethos or as a means to hide him from Apocalypse.

Hell crazy idea that will never happen. What if the X-men in the past stumble upon Apocalypse's eldest son. A baby born with red eyes and Rogue realizes it is Gambit and takes the baby to the future and leaves him where he was eventually found so as to fit with his origin. Apocalypse somehow fogured out after his death that Gambit is his long lost son which is why he wants to revive him.

In the comics his children were Omega level but he doesnt realize Gambit is his son because by the time of their first meeting as adults Gambit has had his Omega level powers nerfed.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-16-2024 at 12:22 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    To me Apocalypse should be a seaaon long story. You can have other min stories within that but perhaps the epic confrotation with Rogue is episode 5 and Gambit's long con ends in episode 10 with him helping defeat Apocalypse. Perhaps after doing so, he leaves the team without Rogue to sort things out and Gambit's animated solo series is announced. Season 1 is starts with his origin story and time before the X-men and midway through Rogue joins and they has things out and go on adventures together.

As for why Poccy wants Gambit perhaps we get a story built off of Poccy's cryptic comment about Gambit's heritage that was referenced in the comics but never explained. I always had a head canon that Poccy was aluding to Gambit being his son or descendent and being abandoned as a kid in keeping with Apocalypse's survival of the fittest ethos or as a means to hide him from Apocalypse.
    It would be beyond amazing.
    Apocalypse that Rogue met in the past has similar eyes to Gambit but with red/yellow.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-16-2024 at 12:32 PM.

That was literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw Apocalypse's eyes

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Ike he was out there for awhile helping people til Rogue shows up but they didn't bother to focus on Remy tending to the injured
    I always read the scene as Gambit rushing in with all intent to make sure Rogue was okay from where ever he was helping out. He needed to make sure no matter what she was okay, regardless of what happened earlier.

Team As-Long-As-He’s-Not-A-Fucking-Summers
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 05-16-2024 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    I think Gambit's character arc next season will be something like this
    Beautiful film. Probably Leo's best.

Fantastic quoute and I would love to see it used. Damn, you all make me excited for Deathbit and season 2!
    Shame on you all

That was literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw Apocalypse's eyes
    Bro definetely stole not only eyes but also XTAS Gambit eyebraws.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I always read the scene as Gambit rushing in with all intent to make sure Rogue was okay from where ever he was helping out. He needed to make sure no matter what she was okay, regardless of what happened earlier.
    It was the fact Magneto asked Gambit how many and Gambit knowing exactly what was happening and seems they also prepared some of the bodies already. I took it as meaning there was a small time gap between the dance and Remy checking on Nightcrawler. My interpretation is he was out there tending to those hurt

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Bro definetely stole not only eyes but also XTAS Gambit eyebraws.
    With eyebrows like that, all I’m getting is Bosco from RuPaul’s Drag Race. Come through House of Apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    It was the fact Magneto asked Gambit how many and Gambit knowing exactly what was happening and seems they also prepared some of the bodies already. I took it as meaning there was a small time gap between the dance and Remy checking on Nightcrawler. My interpretation is he was out there tending to those hurt
    Oh right, sorry, I agree with that. Gambit was absolutely out there busting ass to do the damn thing & help people. I thought you meant Rogue stumbled upon Gambit rather than him seeking out her from wherever he was helping.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    With eyebrows like that, all I’m getting is Bosco from RuPaul’s Drag Race. Come through House of Apocalypse!

Oh right, sorry, I agree with that. Gambit was absolutely out there busting ass to do the damn thing & help people. I thought you meant Rogue stumbled upon Gambit rather than him seeking out her from wherever he was helping.
    Yeah np. But like I said even though it was supposedly Gambits shining episode in people's eyes he was not at all the focal point if the episode. Kinda just threw in when necesary

Astonishing Member

…that is a crazy theory but I like it and I think I’m going to be bummed when it doesn’t happen.

Spectacular Member

Just wanted to add Punkerduckie the one who does the Xmemes on social media (very creative and takes comical jabs at the show and is a huge Romy fan ) got invited to the X-Men Finale party, & got pics with Lenore, Gui, Beau , the rest. Also impressed Disney did not censor her either. Haha. I make jokes about Disney because they do have a criteria of getting censoring clauses and firing folks (not just Beau) and not sure what their critieria always is.

Someone said that the Romy/Gambit/Rogue posts get the most likes on social media ever since the show started. I'm VERY impressed despite no Romy (as an actual couple). There were 20somethings who never saw the original series nor read comics getting into this couple.
    Last edited by smokey78; 05-16-2024 at 05:58 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Just wanted to add Punkerduckie the one who does the Xmemes on social media (very creative and takes comical jabs at the show and is a huge Romy fan ) got invited to the X-Men Finale party, & got pics with Lenore, Gui, Beau , the rest. Also impressed Disney did not censor her either. Haha. I make jokes about Disney because they do have a criteria of getting censoring clauses and firing folks (not just Beau) and not sure what their critieria always is.

Someone said that the Romy/Gambit/Rogue posts get the most likes on social media ever since the show started. I'm VERY impressed despite no Romy (as an actual couple). There were 20somethings who never saw the original series nor read comics getting into this couple.
    On twitter and tiktok I see a lot of new Romy fans and in X-97 we have few moments of there.... imagine if we have real Romy

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I guess I read Gambit walking away differently. I acknowledge that it is a moment open to interpretation. To me, it seemed like the mature thing to do. He doesn't lose his cool, he doesn't create a scene, he chooses not to watch something that he knows will hurt him.

Tbh, I probably should have done what Gambit did rather than hate watching the backend of the show. Lol.
    The mature thing to do would be to let Rogue know what she is doing is not cool even if he respects her right to make her own decisions.

It is not maturity to let someone constantly hurt you and all you do is walk away. Sometimes confrontation in a respectful way is the mature thing to do. But act his/her own I suppose.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.