Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I honestly echoed a lot of people's sentiments in this thread. This is really ending with a whimper instead of a bang. It's pretty obvious that marvel wants to quickly get past the Krakoan era so they can soft relaunch the X-Men for the movies.

Not going to lie It is pretty sad to see all of the potential of HoX/PoX being walked back are just completely wasted. I would be lying if I said my excitement for the future Xbooks where as high as they were when this era began.
    The sad thing is that Fall of X wasn't quick at all.
    They had plenty of time to wrap everything up in a satisfying way. They just didn't.
    They chose the most convoluted (RoPoX) and underwhelming (FoHoX) ways possible. Not to say anything about the minis that should either have been used to end their ongoings (Forever/Magneto) or didn't add much to the overall narrative at all (Iceman/Realm of X etc).

Well, nice to see Nimrod putting up a real fight and the father-daughter reunion at least.

This book reads like it wants to be the "main" book of the event, but we all know it's really Rise of the Powers of X. This is just the fisticuffs portion of the series, not really all that interesting or innovative.

Is Logan fighting Nimrod solo? or is he with Emma group?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Is Logan fighting Nimrod solo? or is he with Emma group?
    Logan should be on Sentinel City fighting alongside Cyclops, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, and a few others. Storm was approaching the fight as well at the end of last issue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Logan should be on Sentinel City fighting alongside Cyclops, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, and a few others. Storm was approaching the fight as well at the end of last issue.
    ok just making sure i was reading the panels correctly thanks
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Am I the only one feeling that the fight against Orchis is happening off-panel?

Like, we can see action on these pages, but it looks like a glimpse of the global event that the story promised but didn't show.

It's hard to explain.
    Like how the entirety of Secret Empire was written as a recap, but a recap of itself. All the things you’re seeing the aftermath of simply happened off-panel.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This "era" is ending simply because of executives and editorial and its so grossly mishandled I have just lost interest. They are basically just telling us its over. No actual action or character work. The only one sort wrapping stuff up is KG and the Hope plot (his own plot from ages ago) and the Dominion storyline. More often the X-Men are becoming products for money and not meaningful art.
    Agreed hope at least Charles character gets a little bit of a explanation before they end things and I would like more Magneto and Lorna family bonding before the end.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022