Page 132 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2406

Fantastic Member

Is it possible to agree that the current trend for Storm has been good and that Coates, Hickman, and Ewing have all been major contributors to her current rise to prominence? I feel like the solo is the culmination and recognition of all of their work, including Claremont, and hopefully a continuation of such greatness.

Storm legit is about to be the Queen of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Is it possible to agree that the current trend for Storm has been good and that Coates, Hickman, and Ewing have all been major contributors to her current rise to prominence? I feel like the solo is the culmination and recognition of all of their work, including Claremont, and hopefully a continuation of such greatness.
    This times 1,000,000!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

love how my "personal wishlist" is becoming a reality lolololol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Your devotion to the Goddess has always been tried and true!

And props to Coates for reminding the non-believers of her divine power!

omg thank you so much friend!! we all have done so much for this character. I'm glad we are all here to celebrate this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    It looks like he’s going the Coates route with her being a god
    yes he is. first canonized by coates an African American writer and to be continued now by an African writer. we won!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Why don't y'all ask the writer on Twitter whose version of the character he took inspiration from as far as her Divinity is concerned? Then we can put this old debate to death...
    Ewing unfortunately didn't write ororo as a goddess. that was literally all coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Ewing himself recognizes Coates' work, it's no wonder she was mentioned as Hadari Yao in S.W.O.R.D
    facts!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Yes and recognizes his work didn't result in following his plot. He also recognized Claremont and the work of other writers so why don't they get the same recognition?
    lolol poor thing. Canon doesn't align with your beliefs.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

We have WON y'all!!!!

I have hope. I'm so happy this is happening.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

I hate to be that girl but no i cant agree with this. ororo was on a very specific trajectory before coates came along. her home office had her taking orders from Kitty, she couldn't get anything done unless she had stormcaster, and she had to earn the goddess moniker by using the power of asgard because her home office made it VERY CLEAR as evident by paks storm solo and Guggenheim xmen gold that ororo was JUST A MUTANT. and Ewing himself even forgot the magic parts about storm.

Now, did other writers come after coates and start shifting the pendulum in the other direction, sure. but coates was the writer who changed the narrative the xoffice made by making it canon that she possessed a DIVINE power in her that went beyond just being a mutant, and it was only after xfans screamed and ranted that storm was getting depicted better in BP, that the xoffices start to move away from the "she is just a mutant" mess. I've been reading the xbooks long enough to not forget that history and although canon makes what we are getting a culmination of all the writings, its not fair to the work coates did to just lump them all together because HE WAS THE ONE who moved the needle that changed how the xoffices perceived her allowing us to reach this celebratory moment. thats not a diss to hickman or Ewing, thats just the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    We have WON y'all!!!!

I have hope. I'm so happy this is happening.
    yes we did boo!!! all of the storm fandom should be on cloud 9!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hate to be that girl but no i cant agree with this. ororo was on a very specific trajectory before coates came along. her home office had her taking orders from Kitty, she couldn't get anything done unless she had stormcaster, and she had to earn the goddess moniker by using the power of asgard because her home office made it VERY CLEAR as evident but paks storm solo and Guggenheim xmen gold that ororo was JUST A MUTANT. and Ewing himself even forgot the magic parts about storm.

did other writers come after coates and start shifting the pendulum in the other direction, sure. but coates was the writer who changed the narrative the xoffice made by making it canon that she possessed a DIVINE power in her that went beyond just being a mutant, and it was only after xfans screamed and ranted that storm was getting depicted better in BP, that the xoffices start to move away from the she is just a mutant mess. I've been reading the xbooks long enough to not forget that history and i though canon makes what we are getting a culmination of all the writings but its not fair to the work coates did to just lump them all togethe because HE WAS THE ONE who moved the needle to where we are cekebrating in this moment. thats not a diss to hickman or Ewing, thats just the facts.
    I didn't disagree with anything you said in my statement. But after Coates the torch had to be passed and carried and Hickman and Ewing both in their own ways did their part in carrying that torch to get us to where we are now. So that is what I'm acknowledging. The work of all of them together. I don't take anything away from Coates and his contributions at all and have regularly acknowledge those aspects that he has brought to the development of Storm. He certainly got the ball moving.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 05-16-2024 at 10:48 PM.

I didn't disagree with anything you said in my statement. But after Coates the torch had to be passed and carried and Hickman and Ewing both in their own ways did their part in carrying that torch to get us to where we are now. So that is what I'm acknowledging. The work of all of them together. I don't take anything away from Coates and his contributions at all and have regularly acknowledge those aspects that he has brought to the development of Storm. He certainly got the ball moving.
    yes u are right. Hickman and Ewing certainly could have gone and did what was done before coates and wrote her as she has always been: a mutant and goddess in name only. but thankfully hickman put her on the Omega's list, and Ewing even referenced what coates had done in black panther. I don't want it to be misconstrued that hickman and certainly ewings writing helped change how people viewed her tremendously, but some folks for whatever try to forget the actual history of how we got here so I do appreciate you acknowledging that coates got the ball rolling and the folks upset about that can stay mad.

Fantastic Member

yes u are right. Hickman and Ewing certainly could have gone and did what was done before coates and wrote her as she has always been: a mutant and goddess in name only. but thankfully hickman put her on the Omega's list, and Ewing even referenced what coates had done in black panther. I don't want it to be misconstrued that hickman and certainly ewings writing helped change how people viewed her tremendously, but some folks for whatever try to forget the actual history of how we got here so I do appreciate you acknowledging that coates got the ball rolling and the folks upset about that can stay mad.
    Well you can't deny a fact. As a Storm fan I remember that horrid time vividly especially the way Guggs seemed to be deliberately pissing on what Coates was establishing in BP at the same time. Facts are facts.

nonetheless stormies we won!!!

it's been confirmed storm will use dark magic in this series, will fight beyond omega level threats and Gail also confirmed the 1st storm issue bonkers!!!! im so excited for us all but also so very happy that all the naysayers who talked crazy about storm fans who asserted she was a goddess and more than just a mutant were delusional, crazy, or fanboys are now eating crow! HA!

Well you can't deny a fact. As a Storm fan I remember that horrid time vividly especially the way Guggs seemed to be deliberately pissing on what Coates was establishing in BP at the same time. Facts are facts.
    that part!!! the facts are what they are and if you don't like it or can't acknowledge it, well, take that up with marvel. we don't make the rulez!!! lolol

nonetheless stormies we won!!!

it's been confirmed storm will use dark magic in this series, will fave beyond omega level threats and Gail also confirmed the 1st storm issue bonkers!!!! im so excited for us all but also so very happy that all the naysayers who talked crazy about storm fans who asserted she was a goddess and more than just a mutant were delusional, crazy, or fanboys are now eating crow! HA!
    Oh, I'm just over the Earth for this, I was so scared that after Ewing departed his absence would reminisce of what happened when Clarmount left, clearly, this is not the case, nor will the works of those who came before be uprooted like Clarmounts work was, this is such a good time for Storm, not only is she getting More coverage but there's Care in the Coverage,

All good things come to those who wait, and Storm fans have been waiting far too long for what is due
    "Goddess be Praised"

Fantastic Member

I think we all were a tad bit nervous about this so the news is a welcome breath of fresh air. I just hope it actually delivers on the pages to come.

I think we all were a tad bit nervous about this so the news is a welcome breath of fresh air. I just hope it actually delivers on the pages to come.

Very much so, From looking at the XSpoliers from Butterfly, I think we are gonna be just fine, these forums are gonna be Stacked when the solo and her debut in the Avengers Drop
    "Goddess be Praised"