Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1440

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yeah np. But like I said even though it was supposedly Gambits shining episode in people's eyes he was not at all the focal point if the episode. Kinda just threw in when necesary
    The episode had several threads it was addressing but Gambit clearly had as prominent a role as anyone. Let's recap.

1. He has the nice moment with Nightcrawler.
    2. He and Rogue had the airing out of their relationship.
    3. He was helping people while Rogue and Mags were unconscious for an undetermined period of time.
    4. He also foreshadows his own death when he talks about the Godzilla Sentinel and says if you go at you end up dead.
    5. He has the nice action sequence on the motorbike where he flips it and destroys two mini Sentinels with his cards.
    6. He also makes a decision crucial to saving the Morlocks as he looks at Rogue fighting mini Sentinels and rather to delay getting to the Morlocks to help her, he correctly judges she can handle.
    7. Because of 6 above he arrives just in time to save the Morlocks and shortly after one of them saves the X-men are not their friends.
    8. He literally stops a whole freaking train from killing him and the Morlocks with a scarf. A SCARF!!!
    9. While Rogue is being emotional, Gambit is cool under pressure. One of the more underrated aspects of this is the fact that throughout this whole sequence when he has every reason to be mad at Rogue and Mags, he remains adult enough to answer Mags questions, take orders from him and give Mags his due when Mags was trying to protect them.
    10. After Mags is seemingly killed and Rogue lets her emotions get the best of her with her suicidal attack, (remember Gambit said in 4 above, you go at it you die) Gambit takes one look at his motorbike and makes the split second decision that the only way he can stop a flying Rogue is to charge up and hurl the whole damn bike at her.
    11. After this and seeing the Sentinel about to kill Nightcrawler and others Gambit runs headlong into certain death (remember Gambit said in 4 above, you go at it you die).
    12. Gambit knows full well he is going to die going at the Sentinel (remember Gambit said in 4 above you go at it you die) and having been observing the Wild Sentinel this whole time including when Rogue and Mags were unconscious almost certainly knows he is too close and fast for the Sentinels retinal blasts to hit him. Due to that observation he likely also knows it has short range attack capabilities and it is my opinion that he knows full well the only option the Sentinel has to stop him is via that stabbing attack. This is Gambits final and greatest gambit. He jumps in the air leaving himself fully exposed to lure the Sentinel into stabbing him. In so doing he knowingly sacrifices himself (remember Gambit said in 4 above you go at it you die) so that he can charge the whole Godzilla Sentinel up and destroy it.

So for me it is Gambit's shining episode. He did what no other mutant could including several Omega level Magneto. It will literally go down as one of the most iconic deaths in superhero media.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Cartoon wise Deathbit will be fun. Comic wise i hope Gambit isnt just Rogues Husband in Uncanny. Since hes in NO and avplace he knows hope we get a status of thr current Guilds and some cool character Growth with Remy
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Cartoon wise Deathbit will be fun. Comic wise i hope Gambit isnt just Rogues Husband in Uncanny. Since hes in NO and avplace he knows hope we get a status of thr current Guilds and some cool character Growth with Remy
    I think Uncanny will be fine and give all characters time to shine.
    Can't wait to see Gambit and Logan working together again.
    Also interested to see Rogue as new Xavier and Cyke as new Mags.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-17-2024 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yeah np. But like I said even though it was supposedly Gambits shining episode in people's eyes he was not at all the focal point if the episode. Kinda just threw in when necesary
    It was definetely Gambit's.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Just wanted to add Punkerduckie the one who does the Xmemes on social media (very creative and takes comical jabs at the show and is a huge Romy fan ) got invited to the X-Men Finale party, & got pics with Lenore, Gui, Beau , the rest. Also impressed Disney did not censor her either. Haha. I make jokes about Disney because they do have a criteria of getting censoring clauses and firing folks (not just Beau) and not sure what their critieria always is.

Someone said that the Romy/Gambit/Rogue posts get the most likes on social media ever since the show started. I'm VERY impressed despite no Romy (as an actual couple). There were 20somethings who never saw the original series nor read comics getting into this couple.
    I am extremely curious if the show will mean a boost for Uncanny X-Men in August.

It may debut pretty high for sales anyway by virtue of having Logan on board, but it also has the most characters from '97 in a single book.

Boy will some people be surprised to see Rogue & Gambit together and married and able to touch if they're coming from '97 with nothing else. LOL

Anyway, '97 did a lot really well. It also did a lot not so great in respect to specific characters and really only served a few very well ... some might even say favored. And I wouldn't quite put Remy or Rogue in that category. What it did give us was BAMF Gambit, battle couple Romy and a few promising scenes of them together. But they are basically going to torture us with a long slow burn full of obstacles. So best get comfy.

I think having had to already live through these kind of messes once and having finally gotten past them hasn't made me very enthusiastic to relive them as a remix. They literally have taken 2 of the 3 lowest points for Romy and smashed them in the first season for the sole purpose of breaking them down totally.

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Remy has to go to Sinister to fully escape the Death persona.

Anyway ... I'm ready to move on to Uncanny at this point and not think about it for a spell.

I am happy that Uncanny will have 18 issues per year so story will move much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am happy that Uncanny will have 18 issues per year so story will move much faster.
    Hopefully that also means Gail will have the ability to plan out longer arcs and payoffs. It makes such a huge difference knowing you aren't just writing from arc to arc for the trade. It should give characters more room to breathe. If the art from Marquez is any indication, this is shaping up to be a real treat.

Truly, this is nearly my favorite team roster. I maybe would have preferred Laura over Logan, but I'm never mad to have that grumpy old man in a story. He plays well off this entire cast.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I am extremely curious if the show will mean a boost for Uncanny X-Men in August.

It may debut pretty high for sales anyway by virtue of having Logan on board, but it also has the most characters from '97 in a single book.

Boy will some people be surprised to see Rogue & Gambit together and married and able to touch if they're coming from '97 with nothing else. LOL

Anyway, '97 did a lot really well. It also did a lot not so great in respect to specific characters and really only served a few very well ... some might even say favored. And I wouldn't quite put Remy or Rogue in that category. What it did give us was BAMF Gambit, battle couple Romy and a few promising scenes of them together. But they are basically going to torture us with a long slow burn full of obstacles. So best get comfy.

I think having had to already live through these kind of messes once and having finally gotten past them hasn't made me very enthusiastic to relive them as a remix. They literally have taken 2 of the 3 lowest points for Romy and smashed them in the first season for the sole purpose of breaking them down totally.

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Remy has to go to Sinister to fully escape the Death persona.

Anyway ... I'm ready to move on to Uncanny at this point and not think about it for a spell.
    There is also the added factor that in XTAS they never were a couple. So to give us this amount of drama now feels not proportional in that respect. In that sense I would have understood if Jott had Remy’s amount of tragedy and drama. They already were a couple. All in all it would have made sense to have say Scott bite the bullet. Jean and Cable trying to relate and fight together while Romy sailed up as the stable couple. Then season two Scott comes back and we get a reunion with Jean.

Having Remy die just felt: Well we don’t have anything else for him planned…

With that said I am growing tired of discussing 97. Think I’ll also focus on Uncanny from now on.

Spectacular Member

There's an unaddressed loose thread from ep 5 where Gambit notes how expensive the produce is, and posits that he's the only person willing to ask those types of questions about Genosha. I had assumed that was going to lead into some darker revelation about the founding or purpose of Krak -- I mean, Genosha. Was this followed up on and I missed it? Or am I reading too much into it?
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The episode had several threads it was addressing but Gambit clearly had as prominent a role as anyone. Let's recap.

3. He was helping people while Rogue and Mags were unconscious for an undetermined period of time.
    4. He also foreshadows his own death when he talks about the Godzilla Sentinel and says if you go at you end up dead.
    5. He has the nice action sequence on the motorbike where he flips it and destroys two mini Sentinels with his cards.
    6. He also makes a decision crucial to saving the Morlocks as he looks at Rogue fighting mini Sentinels and rather to delay getting to the Morlocks to help her, he correctly judges she can handle.
    7. Because of 6 above he arrives just in time to save the Morlocks and shortly after one of them saves the X-men are not their friends.
    8. He literally stops a whole freaking train from killing him and the Morlocks with a scarf. A SCARF!!!
    9. While Rogue is being emotional, Gambit is cool under pressure. One of the more underrated aspects of this is the fact that throughout this whole sequence when he has every reason to be mad at Rogue and Mags, he remains adult enough to answer Mags questions, take orders from him and give Mags his due when Mags was trying to protect them.
    10. After Mags is seemingly killed and Rogue lets her emotions get the best of her with her suicidal attack, (remember Gambit said in 4 above, you go at it you die) Gambit takes one look at his motorbike and makes the split second decision that the only way he can stop a flying Rogue is to charge up and hurl the whole damn bike at her.
    11. After this and seeing the Sentinel about to kill Nightcrawler and others Gambit runs headlong into certain death (remember Gambit said in 4 above, you go at it you die).
    12. Gambit knows full well he is going to die going at the Sentinel (remember Gambit said in 4 above you go at it you die) and having been observing the Wild Sentinel this whole time including when Rogue and Mags were unconscious almost certainly knows he is too close and fast for the Sentinels retinal blasts to hit him. Due to that observation he likely also knows it has short range attack capabilities and it is my opinion that he knows full well the only option the Sentinel has to stop him is via that stabbing attack. This is Gambits final and greatest gambit. He jumps in the air leaving himself fully exposed to lure the Sentinel into stabbing him. In so doing he knowingly sacrifices himself (remember Gambit said in 4 above you go at it you die) so that he can charge the whole Godzilla Sentinel up and destroy it.

So for me it is Gambit's shining episode. He did what no other mutant could including several Omega level Magneto. It will literally go down as one of the most iconic deaths in superhero media.

Great list. Totally agree.

Amazing Member

Perfect analysis and recap!

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    There's an unaddressed loose thread from ep 5 where Gambit notes how expensive the produce is, and posits that he's the only person willing to ask those types of questions about Genosha. I had assumed that was going to lead into some darker revelation about the founding or purpose of Krak -- I mean, Genosha. Was this followed up on and I missed it? Or am I reading too much into it?
    It was not addressed. Probably reading too much into it bit you never know.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    My initial reaction was that Gambit was smelling BS right away, and that he's usually right about these things. Genosha looked too perfect and complacent...leaving him suspicious. Where Rogue and Nightcrawler (and even Magneto) were oblivious to it.

Mighty Member

I always appreciate your opinion but when I look at the overall story Magneto didn't die because he had more to do in the story. INCLUDING stopping the actual danger Bastian. They didn't really even explain well why he survived. Gambit died to a robot because he was completely expendabe to the conclusion of this story. They wrote backwards for Gambit like in Man of Steel. I'm just never gonna like seeing Gambit fridged. Especially not for a 3rd or 4th time. I don't really want to spend too much on episode I think everyone knows where they stand. I just don't see it as Gambit's defining moment the way others do.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    On twitter and tiktok I see a lot of new Romy fans and in X-97 we have few moments of there.... imagine if we have real Romy
    Since you mentioned Tiktok, I got curious so I went there ,wow! The most memorable one was comparing the possibility Rogue rescuing Remy to make up for how she failed with Cody when she lost him to the lizard gang. How insightful and they really did their homework.

Anna Marie LeBeau coin purse

This (oddly) my 1st time seeing Rogue's married name in a bio on the pic.