Page 150 of 202 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3023

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "Friendship means little when it's convenient."

Scott doesn't really have many friends that stick around when really needed.

Only Emma stuck with him in the worst of times. Then Jean. Then everyone else(so basically no one).

I don't like to be this down, but Scott really needs better friends.

Logan is most certainly not one of those guys. It's why I hate their so called "friendship".

Forced conflicts are bad, but so is forced friendships.
    Emma stuck with him to her own detriment which is a personality fault her side.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    A lot of people seem to view Scott and Logan's relationship the same way as it was decades ago, probably because of the movies and shows. Their relationship isn't static. During the Krakoa era, Logan lived in the Summer House with the rest of Scott's family and they even had a moment where Scott asked if he wanted to go on a trip with them.
    and that really developed before Krakoa when they were forced to work together in Uncanny X-men to protect the few mutants that were left. They had just returned to life after dying for a few years so it felt natural that they'd just let go of the anger and resentment, which itself had started to diminish prior to Logan's death anyway

Yeah, Scott and Logan definitely aren’t friends. At this point I’d say that maybe Illyana is his only friend, maybe Synch too but they aren’t gonna be interacting any more so… it’s something that I hope is fixed in the new era, let him make a couple of friends and as SpiderClops said, not forced friendships with people who treated him like shit for years but actual friendships.

I don’t think you can even consider Emma a friend of Scott now, I know that it’s probably Duggan being Duggan but she was more worried about fucking Tony Stark than saving him when he was being tortured.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Scott's rescue was definitely one of the botched plot lines. Healed off panel and forced to rescue himself out of convenience. No idea what happened there, but he definitely didn't seem like a priority to anyone, Duggan included.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "Friendship means little when it's convenient."

Scott doesn't really have many friends that stick around when really needed.

Only Emma stuck with him in the worst of times. Then Jean. Then everyone else(so basically no one).

I don't like to be this down, but Scott really needs better friends.

Logan is most certainly not one of those guys. It's why I hate their so called "friendship".

Forced conflicts are bad, but so is forced friendships.
    I feel like Bendis' run on the X-Men did a lot of damage in this area. Rosenberg's run didn't do much to repair any of it, and the Krakoa era swept it all under the rug.

It'll be interesting to see how Scott and Beast interact in the upcoming book. There's an opportunity to rebuild their friendship all things considered.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-17-2024 at 07:06 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The X-Men follow Scott because he’s the most competent and the best leader but they don’t consider him their friend, no one cares about how he feels, which is the reason the affair with Emma happened, she was the only one willing to help him. The fact that the moment he did something bad while being possessed by a cosmic entity, all of them turned their backs on him and started treating him like garbage shows what they truly think about him, it’s sad because Scott loves them and sees them as his family but to them he’s just a coworker they don’t even like that much.

The happiest Scott has ever been was probably when he was part of the Champions because they were actual friends.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    The X-Men follow Scott because he’s the most competent and the best leader but they don’t consider him their friend, no one cares about how he feels, which is the reason the affair with Emma happened, she was the only one willing to help him. The fact that the moment he did something bad while being possessed by a cosmic entity, all of them turned their backs on him and started treating him like garbage shows what they truly think about him, it’s sad because Scott loves them and sees them as his family but to them he’s just a coworker they don’t even like that much.
    I can't say I agree with why the affair started. There's more to it than that. I also don't think Emma is that altruistic. Besides, that conversation is an entirely different can of worms.

As for Scott, he's typically distant from the other X-Men. Throw in some bad writing and his relationships look rather bad. It's definitely one of the weaker areas of the character in recent years, in my opinion. Magik being an exception.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-17-2024 at 07:40 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Grudging respect is the only Scott and Logan relationship I can go for.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I can't say I agree with why the affair started. There's more to it than that. I also don't think Emma is that altruistic. Besides, that conversation is an entirely different can of worms.

As for Scott, he's typically distant from the other X-Men. Throw in some bad writing and his relationships look rather bad. It's definitely one of the weaker areas of the character in recent years, in my opinion. Magik being an exception.
    I don't agree with how it started either. Emma was jealous of Jean, and wanted to cause her some emotional pain. Part of it is Emma feels like she has the crap end of a double standard - no matter what Jean does, it will never be too much for the rest of the X-Men, and no matter what Emma does, it will never be good enough. That understanding, or misunderstanding depending on your perspective, is part of what was driving her during Morrison's run. Just somewhere along the way, despite her best laid plans, she found something she didn't even know she was looking for.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and that really developed before Krakoa when they were forced to work together in Uncanny X-men to protect the few mutants that were left. They had just returned to life after dying for a few years so it felt natural that they'd just let go of the anger and resentment, which itself had started to diminish prior to Logan's death anyway
    Scott and Logan have both grown and changed since the love triangle in the 90s and the weird fuid in the 00s. I would say they are good friends at least (Not withstanding that I ship them in a polycule, I am saying at least)
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Incredible Member

The happiest Scott has ever been was probably when he was part of the Champions because they were actual friends.
    I think Ms Marvel is still his friend... and if she ages while he doesn't in 10 years they will be contemporaries again
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Fantastic Member

Sadly I agree.

Scott, I think struggles to balance both the friendship/leadership aspects of his life.

He is friends with a lot of the X-Men but at the same time he (and they) keep a certain distance due to him being the leader.

He used to be fairly close with the 05 but since Utopia (and even before) these friendships have been broken (Hank) or faded (Warren and Bobby).

I am somewhat hopeful with the rebooted Hank we might get some more friendship scenes between the two.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Grudging respect is the only Scott and Logan relationship I can go for.
    This is the only acceptable relationship between them for me.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    A lot of people seem to view Scott and Logan's relationship the same way as it was decades ago, probably because of the movies and shows. Their relationship isn't static. During the Krakoa era, Logan lived in the Summer House with the rest of Scott's family and they even had a moment where Scott asked if he wanted to go on a trip with them.
    Scott and Jean were living in the treehouse together for the majority of the Krakoan era.