Page 133 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2400
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes u are right. Hickman and Ewing certainly could have gone and did what was done before coates and wrote her as she has always been: a mutant and goddess in name only. but thankfully hickman put her on the Omega's list, and Ewing even referenced what coates had done in black panther. I don't want it to be misconstrued that hickman and certainly ewings writing helped change how people viewed her tremendously, but some folks for whatever try to forget the actual history of how we got here so I do appreciate you acknowledging that coates got the ball rolling and the folks upset about that can stay mad.
    Some folks like to pretend that history happened the way it did. Coates did nothing to change her trajectory in the xoffice. His stories weren't inspirational to them. No amount of your protesting changes it. His lackluster writing didn't influence them in the ways that you think. You act like this were the darkest days storm went through.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-16-2024 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Some folks like to pretend that history happened the way it did. Coates did nothing to change her trajectory in the xoffice. His stories weren't inspirational to them. No amount of your protesting changes it. His lackluster writing didn't influence them in the ways that you think. You act like this were the darkest days storm went through.
    Surly wasn't the brightest, and Coates did in fact Change her trajectory as all writers can and do, it was the choice of those who came after him to uphold that trajectory or leave it be, if he made no impact to her Trajectory why would Ewing Call Storm the Hadari Yao,
    "Goddess be Praised"

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Her new costume looks cool. Although I can't lie, I'm really going to miss her X-men: Red look. I know not many care for it, but I think its one of her best looks.
    That cover is gorgeous, and I love her new look!

This is such good news. Everything seems promising, everything! I need this ongoing to define storm for the better. Also her 50th being next year, I know they have some cosmic sized stuff planned for her.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Cosmic adventures!!!! Testing her with beyond omega level threats???? Eternity caught notice of her powers???? Oh Coates and Al Ewing look at the seeds y'all grew so we can come to this moment.

When the editor stated they are pushing Storm as a solo character on the level of Spiderman, Ironman and etc. That only means one thing... MCU

Get your coins ready we can only see this happen if there is a demand so buy the issues if you can. ��
    This is really their doing. Watered Claremont's seeds and planted a few themselves now we get to watch it grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Crisis averted, people. No mohawk, no pantsuit. I can rest easy now.
    Sometimes bullying works for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nothing on the support cast, which I would like to know more about.
    According to the writer anyone and everyone from mutants to avengers to gods to sorcerers to cosmic entities are all in the book. It's an everyone book storm with everyone. But yh for a stable support cast I hope at least lactuca is there somewhere. I love those two together. They give such cousins energy.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    You know what the writer is online, IĀ’ll just ask him.
    Last edited by BPStorm2; 05-17-2024 at 05:55 AM.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Is the pissing match over? Is it safe to come in here and actually celebrate this wonderful news and development?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That Jim Lee unused costume was my first thought when I saw that new look.

I will say...I wish it was a whole suit, but with open neckline and cleavage (like her XMRed Jean Grey look) and the gold accents of her cape starting at the X bands instead of going across them. Also I wish her classic split cape was more like the original where it was connected at her wrists but extended and draped beyond. The cape in the Werneck design looks weird and unfinished. The new boots are FIYAH!!!!
    Playing with some modifications along the lines suggested. I didn't do the open cleavage but simplified the cape/top integration...perhaps making the look too simple?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-17-2024 at 05:31 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post

She was not Spiritually Evicerated nor was her interaction with the Dominion neither took or gave anything from her,
    Just realised we might finally learn what ashake has been up to this entire time. Also it seems ewings story was setting this up. She was always going to go cosmic but it depended on when and who will write the story. Because the domnion being interested in her over magneto makes it clear the interest had nothing to do with her mutation but something else. I guess that why eternity is also interested in her he sees potential, real potential in her to give rise to something greater than a God.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Thank you 13 for your tech wizardry. That's much better. Her original costume was far simpler so not too simple at all...there's just the right balance of gold and black with that pop of red. Great design is also about balance. The neck rings, the hair accessory, the ruby, the X, the cape detail across...it was all a bit much up top.

I still need a bit more cape though...just for that added flare and drama.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-17-2024 at 05:46 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Check this out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BPStorm2; 05-17-2024 at 05:58 AM.

Is the pissing match over? Is it safe to come in here and actually celebrate this wonderful news and development?
    I know right?!?! Cause this ever-evolving door of arguing over Coates/goddess is tiring.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Just realised we might finally learn what ashake has been up to this entire time. Also it seems ewings story was setting this up. She was always going to go cosmic but it depended on when and who will write the story. Because the domnion being interested in her over magneto makes it clear the interest had nothing to do with her mutation but something else. I guess that why eternity is also interested in her he sees potential, real potential in her to give rise to something greater than a God.
    Would be excited to see Ashake appear, and the writer alluded to Jean maybe appearing and that sent me over the moon.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I know right?!?! Cause this ever-evolving door of arguing over Coates/goddess is tiring.
    Tiring is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Would be excited to see Ashake appear, and the writer alluded to Jean maybe appearing and that sent me over the moon.
    Yes. I like the possibility of Storm touching all aspects of the MU but still keeping in touch with her family and history.

I still need a bit more cape though...just for that added flare and drama.
    Though unstable molecules seem to be out of fashion, presumably the expanding properties of cape remain. Its as big as it needs to be for any given visual opportunity.

Realized the triangle shape created by the cape and top trim reminds me of Jessica Drew...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-17-2024 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added Jessica Drew
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.