Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Question: does she have any particular connection to Atlanta? It seems a bit random to me. It would have felt fresher if she was based in Egypt or Kenya.
    I hate when the plot is: “mutants have split across the globe”, but then everyone shown is still in the US lol.
    They don’t have the best record at writing for other countries, to be fair. In Excalibur, Pete Wisdom escaped down the retractable fire escape from his London brownstone.

Incredible Member

interesting

IMG_3356.jpg
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No support cast announced? That does not sound good to me so far. I will give it a try, but without a decent support cast, this will not hold for long. Or will this be a mini series, just like Dazzler is?
    This isn't a team book. And it doesn't read quite like your regular solo book like Thor or Spider-Man (I would say it's actually closer to Wolverine in spirit). This is a really bold and different second attempt at a solo ongoing for her so I think certain important elements will eventually be added as the story develops. Or...you could think of it as her support cast is the entire MU if/as/when needed.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-17-2024 at 06:16 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I still disagree with Marvels take that an african writer must write an African Character. I just hope also it isnt just power feats. I wanna know what maks Ororo tick in current world. And whybshe went to Georgia. And joins the Avengers and not the X-men
    Following on from the “Atlanta is just up the road from New Orleans” discussion, Nigeria is only 4000km from Kenya. It’s basically the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The short pixie curt is also gorgeous.
    That's not supposed to be indicative of her actual hair at all - they showed her without her long hair on that concept art so that the back of her costume can be clearly seen. Part of Kamala's X-Men concept art did the same thing, drew her shaved to clearly show the costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Be that as it may...I repeat...the short pixie cut is also gorgeous.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I still disagree with Marvels take that an african writer must write an African Character. I just hope also it isnt just power feats. I wanna know what maks Ororo tick in current world. And whybshe went to Georgia. And joins the Avengers and not the X-men
    I must've missed something, where was this stated?
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This isn't a team book. And it doesn't read quite like your regular solo book like Thor or Spider-Man (I would say it's actually closer to Wolverine in spirit). This is a really bold and different second attempt at a solo ongoing for her so I think certain important elements will eventually be added as the story develops. Or...you could think of it as her support cast is the entire MU if/as/when needed.
    Having a supporting cast doesnt make it a team book. Most solo books have a supporting cast. Im sure this one will, but they arent the focus of the press release

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    No support cast announced? That does not sound good to me so far. I will give it a try, but without a decent support cast, this will not hold for long. Or will this be a mini series, just like Dazzler is?
    The book doesn't start until October so there's still plenty of the time for more details to be released.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Cool! I'm very curious about the writer. Werneck is a bit hit or miss for me. Sometimes his pages look incredible, but a lot of times they look really rushed. We'll see.
    The costume is not bad, but certainly a downgrade. I feel like the X on her chest just looks a bit generic and doesn't go well with the rest. Her waist area reminds me of the Flash's costume. I do like the hair but I think I'll miss her Red look. This feels like a lesser version.
    I don't hate this newish look but I've never been a fan of lightning bolts on storms costumes. It's just too on the nose for me and unnecessary.

I think her costume is nice, but it's not particularly memorable or striking. Not a knock, since I'd much rather this than something that tries too hard to break the mold. It certainly fits right in with a lot of her other costumes and conveys "X-Men" without using an X-Men logo since she's going to be on the Avengers. And she's one of the few heroines who can get away with high heels (or wedges) since she doesn't usually do a lot of running. Hard to tell from the scant art we've seen, but I wonder if the intent is to make her hair look cloud-like? Not sure how I feel about that until we see it in action as well as other artists' interpretations. Def looking forward to seeing what her life in ATL's going to be! (I just hope she has a place with lots of plants)

Definitely seems like it's building on the boost in both power and prominence Storm has had since the Ewing run and carrying that over to her as an official solo hero (who is on an Avengers team). I wish she was on an X-Team too though.

The new costume is growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think her costume is nice, but it's not particularly memorable or striking. Not a knock, since I'd much rather this than something that tries too hard to break the mold. It certainly fits right in with a lot of her other costumes and conveys "X-Men" without using an X-Men logo since she's going to be on the Avengers. And she's one of the few heroines who can get away with high heels (or wedges) since she doesn't usually do a lot of running. Hard to tell from the scant art we've seen, but I wonder if the intent is to make her hair look cloud-like? Not sure how I feel about that until we see it in action as well as other artists' interpretations. Def looking forward to seeing what her life in ATL's going to be! (I just hope she has a place with lots of plants)
    I mean her chest literally forms an X, so yeah you're right in that it definitely evokes X-men

Mighty Member

I’ll miss the pants and top from Red. I like that the top and an “X” into a lighting bolt and I like the cut out on the top of the pants. But this is just as great. Atlanta is an odd choice unless that’s where Craig from NASA lives. I don’t think she would have any other connection to there.

Love to see Frenzy with Storm. Nice to have that connection from Red and SWORD.

Let's go!!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/