Page 416 of 468 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 7015
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Things don't exist in a vacuum, and treating them as if they did is a disservice to everyone as much important context is lost which could help attaining important goals and convincing others to back said goals. If a goal is important enough to you, the work should never stop.

It doesn’t for those who are real about it.

Unlike the pretenders who talk the talk but show their true colors when held up to the light.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I am guessing they are saying in the past it was lower in Japan, and now Inflation is higher there, and here is why that is bad news for Joe Biden. It's called New York Times Brain.
    One month of Japan having a high inflation doesn't mean their inflation is greater than in the US. Especially when it wet up less than 0.5%. And yes, Americans are unhappy that their financially struggling since 2023.

Ultimate Member

Republicans don't have to move to the "right" -- they just stand still and practice the same racist tactics they did in the 60s.

This strategy is a lot less effective now due to media exposure and changing demographics -- which is why they are going all in behind white nationalism and Trump.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-17-2024 at 08:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    One month of Japan having a high inflation doesn't mean their inflation is greater than in the US. Especially when it wet up less than 0.5%. And yes, Americans are unhappy that their financially struggling since 2023.
    Is wet inflation the opposite of dry inflation?

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The headlines of this which is all people will read don't really underscore how terrible this murderer is. I mean the released text messages proved he was looking to kill. He was a racist engaging in racist back and forths with other incels.

Abbot won't pay a price for it because the red county racists agree with him.
    Yeah, this is all pretty sickening even if completely expected behavior which is premeditated by a GoP governor and praised by GoP legislators & Voters alike. Of course that's not evidence of bigotry or pardoning extremism & violence, it's just a happy accident. Like all the happy accidents which cause so many people to die as results of domestic terrorism.

This doesn't bode well for the future of any Palestinians in Gaza, even if I have no pity for the ones in Hamas.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

It doesn’t for those who are real about it.

Unlike the pretenders who talk the talk but show their true colors when held up to the light.
    Whether someone Walks the Walk can be easy enough to spot with enough historical evidence showing actual trends as opposed to predictions or false descriptions, along with false claims of political affiliations and many other falsehoods. The Internet has long been an area when what someone says about themselves (Or anything for that matter) isn't always trustworthy or even 100% accurate even if not intended to mislead. If someone has a history of being misleading I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be called out on it when it gives context to current posts.

More NYT brain on display. Of course since the nonsensical reply to the Cap'n's last post there's been no response to how little sense it made being pointed out, so I assume it's been Ignored.

Is wet inflation the opposite of dry inflation?
    I missed that, but unlike the previous issue it can be explained away as a simple typo. Still, it gave me a grin.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Americans have been financially struggling in one form or another for decades. Focusing on just one year because you don't like Biden doesn't mean any other president, least of all Trump did any better when it came to combatting inflation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Americans have been financially struggling in one form or another for decades. Focusing on just one year because you don't like Biden doesn't mean any other president, least of all Trump did any better when it came to combatting inflation.
    There isn't a ton the President can do about inflation.

But in general, while Obama and Biden have begun to reverse the trend, Democratic aspirations for addressing income inequality have been anemic since losing the 94 midterms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    This doesn't bode well for the future of any Palestinians in Gaza, even if I have no pity for the ones in Hamas.
    It doesn’t bode well for the future of Israel neither if Gaza remains a festering sore…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

And here I thought he just hated trains, as nearly every comment has some dig about that too.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The IDF has recovered the body of Shani Louk, the 22 year old German-Jewish who had gone to Israel to attend the music festival and got murdered by Hamas who then paraded her near-naked body around on a jeep. Also two other bodies of people murdered on October 7, Amit Buskila, 28, and Itzchak Glarnter, 58.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    There isn't a ton the President can do about inflation.

But in general, while Obama and Biden have begun to reverse the trend, Democratic aspirations for addressing income inequality have been anemic since losing the 94 midterms.
    Since 94 the Democrats have controlled the House and Senate with a Democratic President for a total of 4 years. Once under Obama where they brought the country back from economic collapse and passed the ACA. And once under Biden, where we recovered from Covid and passed the BBB and the IRA. Mostly with a very sleight majority.
    But let's blame the Dems for not doing more while the GOP obstructs all progress.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Since 94 the Democrats have controlled the House and Senate with a Democratic President for a total of 4 years. Once under Obama where they brought the country back from economic collapse and passed the ACA. And once under Biden, where we recovered from Covid and passed the BBB and the IRA. Mostly with a very sleight majority.
    But let's blame the Dems for not doing more while the GOP obstructs all progress.
    Clinton actively participated in rolling back welfare and financial regulation, and passing the "super predators" law.

The DLC had way too much influence for a long time.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

And therein lies the probem. The electorate isn't educating themselves enough on what Biden has managed to have accomplished, despite all the Qpublican stonewalling, which, to me, is frustrating. Nor are voters calling the GQP to task for standing in the way of progress because that would make the party look bad since they have no plans to help the people, at least not the people who don't have incomes over eight or nine figures.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It doesn’t bode well for the future of Israel neither if Gaza remains a festering sore…
    I agree, but I don't see this as leading anywhere near a 2-state Solution, and fits the mindset of Netty who has described all Palestinians as sub-human and animals as well as others in his government who have done the same or called for Palestinians to be killed rather than taken prisoner. It also doesn't bode well for the future of Israel should they embolden even more who might otherwise not have been caught up in antisemitism and/or violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And here I thought he just hated trains, as nearly every comment has some dig about that too.
    I knew it, he's Trains-phobic.

The IDF has recovered the body of Shani Louk, the 22 year old German-Jewish who had gone to Israel to attend the music festival and got murdered by Hamas who then paraded her near-naked body around on a jeep. Also two other bodies of people murdered on October 7, Amit Buskila, 28, and Itzchak Glarnter, 58.
    Fuck Hamas, but I shudder to think at the condition those bodies were in and the ordeal it was to identify them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Clinton actively participated in rolling back welfare and financial regulation, and passing the "super predators" law.

The DLC had way too much influence for a long time.
    The calls to not abandon the moderates aren't new, but voters need to give more than 2 years to get anything done with the red tape involved in government without the obstructionism that the GoP has made their one true policy, considering working with the Dems is worth trying to throw out 2 Speakers to today's conservatives.

-----

And this is why I hit Preview Post before I post, as I would have missed this:

And therein lies the probem. The electorate isn't educating themselves enough on what Biden has managed to have accomplished, despite all the Qpublican stonewalling, which, to me, is frustrating. Nor are voters calling the GQP to task for standing in the way of progress because that would make the party look bad since they have no plans to help the people, at least not the people who don't have incomes over eight or nine figures.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. There are Dems who think that Biden is at fault for the SCOTUS taking down Roe, and the media is still endless Trump talk. This needs to change, but there's no profit in bettering the American public.

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1791278654036812264

Personal attacks against other members isn't allowed, so AOC requested a motion and asked for an apology which was blocked.

Rep. Crockett responded with:

“I’m just curious, just to better understand your ruling: If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody’s bleach blonde bad built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?”
    By letting Greene disrupt the proceedings they’re helping her cause, which is to hamper the process.
    Instead of engaging with her they should ignore her like the petulant child she is.
    At the end of the meetings they can leak her comments to the press and she’ll look like the fool she is.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe