Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Speaking of Swift, NFL took into account her tour schedule when making the Chiefs game dates.

She can make up to 14 games this coming season.

Talk about star power, sheesh.
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

While I don't think Butker gets fired because of this, he'd better hope he doesn't have a bad training camp or preseason and miss a bunch of kicks, or get off to a slow start. I don't think the Chiefs would give him time to get right before releasing him and signing someone else if he does, and I doubt another team will sign him if he gets cut. He also needs to steer well clear of any over the counter med or supplement that might lead to a positive PED test, as he'll get no mercy even if its an accidental positive test.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    While I don't think Butker gets fired because of this, he'd better hope he doesn't have a bad training camp or preseason and miss a bunch of kicks, or get off to a slow start. I don't think the Chiefs would give him time to get right before releasing him and signing someone else if he does, and I doubt another team will sign him if he gets cut. He also needs to steer well clear of any over the counter med or supplement that might lead to a positive PED test, as he'll get no mercy even if its an accidental positive test.

-M
    Agreed. Kickers are a dime a dozen these days, and nearly as many are often on every GM's speed dial. If Butker stumbles out of the gate, he's gonna hear it, even at home. Short and sweet, his margin for error is officially minimal after his bout of verbal diarrhea.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-17-2024 at 09:51 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm just amazed that a kicker made major headlines for any reasons other than pulling a Scott Norwood.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm just amazed that a kicker made major headlines for any reasons other than pulling a Scott Norwood.
    Shoutout that 1 Gramatica that tore his sht up celebrating. IKR, I like my kickers teetering on comedy and/or clutch displays of winning or loosing. Maybe dude was getting his Marshall Mathers on. His mother is a physicist, maybe she didn't have time for no damn football practice runnin' around while she was working on thesiss... thesii? Crazy, I hate the Chefs.

Mein Gott, those Giants uniforms, that's some Michael Scott sht in real life.

So none yall sat through Brady's roast. OOF, lol. Nasty work doesn't come close to calling it I punched through most of it. Belicheat was great though, he might of stole the night.

Colts schedule-W- they better get over this Texans hump... W, W, W, W, L-Jags nuff said, W, W, L-Houston split, W, L-Josh Allen is still around, W, L, W, W, W, W.
    13-4 seems ambitions but here we come.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It surprised me but the ladies on The View all seemed to take my stance. While they don’t agree with Butker , Goldberg claimed it’s free speech. That we can’t just fire people for saying crap religious wise they believe in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It surprised me but the ladies on The View all seemed to take my stance. While they don’t agree with Butker , Goldberg claimed it’s free speech. That we can’t just fire people for saying crap religious wise they believe in.
    The NFL would never get rid of him for speaking stupid. I mean every cause they pay lip service to for good PR means short of actually killing someone, as long as But(fuc)ker makes kicks he'll be fine.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

To be fair though what Butker said was nothing compared to what other players have said and done over the years, so while trouble for the NFL it could be much worse.

Drew Brees reveals that during the 2017 NFL Draft he was invited to the War Room where they were working on the draft. Payton wanted him there to discuss his plans. Brees says Payton told him they were gonna draft Pat Mahomes at #11.

Brees would have accepted it because he knew the organization would need to look at the future. But Kansas City changed everything there.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/drew-...homes-2017.amp
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Former Arizona Cardinals All-Pro running back David Johnson has officially announced his retirement.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Former Oakland Raiders Hall of Fame center Jim Otto has passed away.

ESPN NFL reporter Ed Werder, who primarily covered the Dallas Cowboys, has left the network after 26 years. Article Link

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Former Oakland Raiders Hall of Fame center Jim Otto has passed away.
    Not just HoF, but one of the greatest center of all time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There is some controversy with Marvin Harrison Jr and the NFLPA . Right now no one can buy his Arizona Cardinals jersey or will be able to play with him in Madden 25 when it releases. Well usually players sign a deal at Combine and they are big licensing deals. Harrison hasn't signed the licensing deal.

Fanatics is suing Harrison over a deal made (or not made) over a contract they claimed was done in college. This deal involves trading cards and sports memborila is a big one. It was $1 million dollars.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...in-harrison-jr

One former NFL player detailed in an interview that when he came out a trading card company wanted him to sign cards. Given his draft position he was given $80,000 for signing 40,000 sports cards. He signed them in 2 batches. He signed 20,000 1st and then was re-upped.

As he claims he signed the deal because coming out of college he didn't have any money and well , the deal helped him. So he took it. Harrison Jr doesn't need money as his father is rich and he can demand bigger deals from NFLPA and all.

I saw a nice video on the Chicago Bears and its QB history ...and just how dismal it really is. Its worse than we can imagine in ways.

- Chicago has never had a QB throw for 4,000+ yards. In fact them and the NY Jets seem to be the only teams where this hasn't happened. The closest they came was Erik Kramer in 1995 who threw for 3,885 yards then.

- Chicago's QBs have never had a high career passing percentage. In fact ....here is that list and your gonna be shocked to discover the highest QB percentage is by.... Mitchell Trubisky.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/chi...career-by-a-qb

KC meanwhile has 3-4 QB's that dwarf this !

- Even Jim McMahon as great and gusty a QB in 1980s , was just an average QB who was more or less just there to direct traffic and the team leaned on Walter Payton and defense.

- The Chicago Bears defense in the 1980s was INSANE. So insane that QB's in 1986 for the Chicago Bears had 4 QB's start games " Jim McMahon , Doug Flutie , Mike Tomzack , and Steve Fuller. All 4 QBs had a 12 TDs and 24 Ints that season ! Mike Tomzack threw 2 TDs and 10 Ints. The Bears went 14-2 that season on strength of defense.

In all the team hasn't had a game breaking QB since... Sid Luckman. Who played in the 1940s.