Page 383 of 394 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 5903
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. One Man's Worth inspired Age of Apocaylpse in the comics but it was not an adaptation of it as it came before. It only featured Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Magneto and Bishop from the main cast, whom were nothing like their characters in AOA. There is room to adapt AOA without it feeling like a retread of what TAS did
    Agreed "One Manīs Worth" was done on X-men TAS before the classic AoA was written in the comics.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I think season 2 is all about preventing the Age of Apocalypse from happening. Xavier's vision of Gambit (now Deathbit) in ep 6 foreshadows his death (it's not just Genosha). So I think Gambit/Deathbit replaces Legion's role in 'Legion's Quest'. Remy had this frightening ominous look about him as if he were to do something on a cataclysmic scale in Xavier's vision. This event seems important.

Beau said a while ago that is was "key" for Gambit dying thinking that Rogue chose Magneto at the Gala, he said this in a couple of his Tweets. I think this love triangle is a big deal, I'm now starting to think it's not just there for drama. So I think it's Rogue's job (when she returns to the present) to snap Gambit out of Deathbit to prevent Xavier's death.

I wonder if the Mother Askani timeline will be framed as post-AoA Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the Mother Askani timeline will be framed as post-AoA Earth.
    Yes, and Scott and Jean will figure out a way to prevent AoA from happening once Bishop brings them back.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So season 2 storylines:

- Rogue, Nightcrawler, Charles, and Magneto in the past with a Young Apocalypse.

- Forge and Bishop trying to find the X-Men across time...maybe making a makeshift X-Men team.

- Apocalypse making his move in the present-day with new horsemen, including Gambit (Deathbit). May go up against makeshift X-Men team.

- Magneto trying to get into Rogue's pants.

- Scott, Jean, Wolverine, and Morph in the future with Mother Askani/Rachel and Nate Grey for some semblance of an adaption of the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.

- Where is Mystique?

- The Avengers in Galactic Storm meeting up with Lilandra in the Shi'ar?

- Will any of those characters on Forge's board appear as themselves and not Morph transformations? What is Shadowcat/Kitty doing right now in full costume without the X-Men? Is she in the UK?

- Emma doing...something.
    I do find the lack of Mystique suspicious... you know she'll end up being revealed having impersonated someone all along when you least expect it LOL

I can see Exodus turning Forge down and heading up a new Acolytes team in Magneto's name... but I could see Emma joining the new X-Men if the Hellfire Club is no more/in disarray following Sebastian's death. I'm also very curious about Kitty already being an active superhero - will she make her TAS/X97 debut at long last?

Also, who are we thinking as Apocalypse's inevitable 4 Horsemen besides Gambit? I reckon it would be more impactful if it was mutants who we know for sure died in Genosha. Banshee? Callisto? Leech? Maddie might also be a candidate, but I feel things have come full circle with Jean effectively sharing her memories and Nathan accepting her as his mother, so sadly she might be redundant at this stage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I do find the lack of Mystique suspicious... you know she'll end up being revealed having impersonated someone all along when you least expect it LOL

I can see Exodus turning Forge down and heading up a new Acolytes team in Magneto's name... but I could see Emma joining the new X-Men if the Hellfire Club is no more/in disarray following Sebastian's death. I'm also very curious about Kitty already being an active superhero - will she make her TAS/X97 debut at long last?

Also, who are we thinking as Apocalypse's inevitable 4 Horsemen besides Gambit? I reckon it would be more impactful if it was mutants who we know for sure died in Genosha. Banshee? Callisto? Leech? Maddie might also be a candidate, but I feel things have come full circle with Jean effectively sharing her memories and Nathan accepting her as his mother, so sadly she might be redundant at this stage.
    Sebastian Shaw?
    Dazzler?

There were a lot who died on Genosha.

I was thinking/hoping the 3 other horsemen would also be mutants who died on Genosha. Banshee, Callisto, Dazzler, Sebastian, Marrow, etc...

I agree about Maddy

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I think season 2 is all about preventing the Age of Apocalypse from happening. Xavier's vision of Gambit (now Deathbit) in ep 6 foreshadows his death (it's not just Genosha). So I think Gambit/Deathbit replaces Legion's role in 'Legion's Quest'. Remy had this frightening ominous look about him as if he were to do something on a cataclysmic scale in Xavier's vision. This event seems important.
    I agree we didnīt get to see Gambitīs reaction to Genoshaīs so just like Rogue, Cooper and Magneto he probably put in question Charles dream during those events and this along with his break up with Rogue could give Apocalypse a lot to work in changing his mentality as a horseman.

Beau said a while ago that is was "key" for Gambit dying thinking that Rogue chose Magneto at the Gala, he said this in a couple of his Tweets. I think this love triangle is a big deal, I'm now starting to think it's not just there for drama. So I think it's Rogue's job (when she returns to the present) to snap Gambit out of Deathbit to prevent Xavier's death.
    Agreed
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-17-2024 at 11:18 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I think the writers are smart enough to not do a vampire Jubilee storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I was thinking/hoping the 3 other horsemen would also be mutants who died on Genosha. Banshee, Callisto, Dazzler, Sebastian, Marrow, etc...

I agree about Maddy
    I hope we see the OG Horsemen from Come the Apocalypse personally. Angel might have defected, but I don't think they did.

Maddie was vaporized. There is no body for Apocalypse to revive as a Horseman. I really think they are done with her as bringing her back now would undermine what they are clearly doing with Jean

I could see

Gambit - Death
    Banshee - Pestilence
    Dazzler - Famine
    Marrow - War

They're already boosting Jubilee's powers, I don't see them making her a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree we didnīt get to see Gambitīs reaction to Genoshaīs so just like Rogue, Cooper and Magneto he probably put in question Charles dream during those events and this along with his break up with Rogue could give Apocalypse a lot to work in changing his mentality as a horseman.
    I'll also add that Gambit/Death might try to kill Magneto because Apocalypse corrupted his mind (over Rogue), but Xavier pushes Magneto out of way and he gets killed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maddie was vaporized. There is no body for Apocalypse to revive as a Horseman. I really think they are done with her as bringing her back now would undermine what they are clearly doing with Jean

I could see

Gambit - Death
    Banshee - Pestilence
    Dazzler - Famine
    Marrow - War
    Beau was being coy when asked if Dazzler is dead. So I'm pretty sure she'll be one of the four.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I'll also add that Gambit/Death might try to kill Magneto because Apocalypse corrupted his mind (over Rogue), but Xavier pushes Magneto out of way and he gets killed instead.
    Just like in Legion quest, I could see this too if Logan is turned in a horseman as well, Rogue could confront Gambit while Magneto confronts Logan. If Charles is killed in the crossfire the mission then becomes once again, to prevent his death.

Beau was being coy when asked if Dazzler is dead. So I'm pretty sure she'll be one of the four.
    That would be fun, she had a romance with Exodus in the original AoA, I liked that but if she is turned into a horseman that would be interesting.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sebastian Shaw?
    Dazzler?

There were a lot who died on Genosha.
    Sebastian I could definitely see. And I'm all for more Dazzler on the show, but I don't know if Horseman of Apocalypse would be a fitting role for her. And there's loads of characters to choose from but I think a random mutant you didn't even realize was in Genosha or died might not make for the most impact. That's why I was thinking of someone like Leech, who would just break your heart if resurrected and twisted by Apocalypse technology.

Sebastian I could definitely see. And I'm all for more Dazzler on the show, but I don't know if Horseman of Apocalypse would be a fitting role for her. And there's loads of characters to choose from but I think a random mutant you didn't even realize was in Genosha or died might not make for the most impact. That's why I was thinking of someone like Leech, who would just break your heart if resurrected and twisted by Apocalypse technology.

They could give her something similar to her Death look from the books