Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’ve thought the art on the series has been fine, though obvious Schiti is a step up. I just think McKay’s villains have been consistently dull.
    Yeah, I'm a bit tired of the broader "cosmic beings as villain" types. We need to see McKay put together a new Masters of Evil or something, some kind of threat that is human and has some kind of relatability to it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’ve thought the art on the series has been fine, though obvious Schiti is a step up. I just think McKay’s villains have been consistently dull.
    Seems like he’s tried to create a “Black Order” style villain team about three times already, without much success.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Seems like he’s tried to create a “Black Order” style villain team about three times already, without much success.
    His Mad Thinker one-shot story was pretty fun by contrast.

Last edited by Holt; 05-17-2024 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Yeah, I'm a bit tired of the broader "cosmic beings as villain" types. We need to see McKay put together a new Masters of Evil or something, some kind of threat that is human and has some kind of relatability to it.
    Agreed. I'm tired of cosmic stories. I want some grounded villains, please.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Agreed. I'm tired of cosmic stories. I want some grounded villains, please.
    Grounded as in spy shenanigans in Atlantis and Russia? Because not long ago many wanted the Avengers to face cosmic threats.

Love the cover homaging the issue in which Hellcat debuts.

If those covers were held back because the costume wasn't fully revealed until Storm's solo was announced, why didn't they announce the Storm solo before they revealed Storm was joining the Avengers?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If those covers were held back because the costume wasn't fully revealed until Storm's solo was announced, why didn't they announce the Storm solo before they revealed Storm was joining the Avengers?
    They’ve been releasing variants later than the regular covers for all these announcements.

So are we going to see Ororo change into her new costume by telling the male Avengers to turn away ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So are we going to see Ororo change into her new costume by telling the male Avengers to turn away ?
    Perhaps in Storm's case, it can be for vision safety purposes instead of modesty...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Since the costume is a hand me down from Greer Nelson (the superhero known as The Cat, who no longer needed it after becoming Tigra), I assume this Brand Patsy mentioned has something to do with her?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since the costume is a hand me down from Greer Nelson (the superhero known as The Cat, who no longer needed it after becoming Tigra), I assume this Brand Patsy mentioned has something to do with her?
    The team is battling the BRAND and ROXXON corporations in AVENGERS #144 and came upon the discarded Cat costume technology, presumably acquired by the Corporation after Greer abandoned it.
    They decide to arm civilian Patsy with the enhancements of the Cat suit since she's along with them on the adventure. HELLCAT is born.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Homage to Avengers #144 -- The Hellcat Cometh -- for those unaware.