Page 779 of 783 FirstFirst ... 279679729769775776777778779780781782783 LastLast
Results 11,671 to 11,685 of 11740

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Oh my Goddess!

I had pondered who JM's character would be - and completely overlooked this.

Makes a brilliant sense of course.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Some marvel disney plus updates.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Five
    Agatha All Along
    Season 1 Episodes 9
    First released September 18, 2024

Eyes of Wakanda
    Season 1 Episodes TBA
    First released 2024

Your Friendly Neighborhood
    Spider-Man
    Season 1 Episodes TBA
    First released 2024

Daredevil: Born Again
    Episodes 18
    Season 1 Episodes 9
    First released March 2025
    Season 1 Episodes 9
    First released TBA

Ironheart
    Season 1 Episodes 6
    First released 2025
    Wikipedia.

Ironheart Gets Disney+ Release Update After Several Delays
    A new update has been revealed on the future of the MCU series Ironheart.

Marvel Studios had some news to share about Ironheart during Disney's 2024 upfront presentation. The series has gotten an updated release window following multiple delays that have continued to push back the completed show.
    Ironheart was one of three shows to have its future discussed, per Deadline. The WandaVision spinoff series, revealed to be titled Agatha All Along, will debut on Disney+ on Sept. 18. Daredevil: Born Again was given a release window of March 2025 without an exact day of the month yet specified. As for Ironheart, it was given a more vague window, confirmed to be released sometime in 2025. An Ironheart teaser trailer was also reportedly shown at the event, but the footage hasn't yet been made available online.
    https://www.cbr.com/ironheart-release-update-2025/

Daredevil: Born Again Gets Major Release Update After Production Delays
    A new release window has been revealed for Daredevil: Born Again following the show's delays and creative overhaul.
    During Disney's upfront presentation, it was revealed that Daredevil: Born Again is on track to be released on Disney+ in March 2025. Better yet, the show has now wrapped filming as well after creative retooling and the 2023 Hollywood strikes resulted in a significant delay. Series star Charlie Cox confirmed to Deadline that production actually wrapped a couple of weeks ago, and as long as post-production goes smoothly, there's not likely to be any additional delays. Additionally, a new logo for Daredevil: Born Again has also been revealed.
    https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-born-a...window-update/

Agatha Series Gets Final Title and Disney+ Premiere Date
    Disney+ reveals a final title for the WandaVision spinoff series along with a streaming premiere date.
    On X, Marvel Studios shared a teaser video showcasing some of the different reported titles that have been given to the show throughout its development. This is accompanied by the famous "Agatha All Along" song from WandaVision, with the series of titles in the video ending with Agatha All Along. This seemingly suggests that the title changes have been orchestrated by Kathryn Hahn's Agatha Harkness as a way of messing with Marvel fans. Marvel also revealed that the show will have a two-episode premiere on Sept. 18, 2024.
    https://www.cbr.com/agatha-series-di...premiere-date/

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...iki/Phase_Five

Natasha Lyonne joins FANTASTIC FOUR in an unrevealed role.

Alicia Masters?
    Roberta the robo-receptionist?
    Wilhelmina Lumpkin?
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-15-2024 at 01:29 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

Would a third MCU Captain Marvel movie with Rogue and Mystique as the villains to better at the box office?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Would a third MCU Captain Marvel movie with Rogue and Mystique as the villains to better at the box office?
    Assuming they even do one...maybe?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That should have been the second film, imo.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Watching Earth's Mightiest Heroes and seeing Hank and Janet's relationship, I'm reminded of my problems with Scott Lang and Hope Pym's relationship.

The former feels like a dynamic between 2 individuals, but Scott and Hope's romance feels more like obligatory "guy has to get with girl". Like Hank and Janet argue about what they want differently in life, Janet wants to be a superstar superhero while Hank wants to live a quiet life as a scientist, its not too much but its something. Meanwhile Hope and Scott's arguments are more so Hope nagging Scott for being incompetent and a goofball, not very character driven. Which really sums up the issue with Hope as a character, she's very obligatory in her creation. So she was created entirely wholesale because since the MCU went with Scott instead of Hank, that meant Janet got phased out of the main character spot. So Hope was created to give Scott his own Wasp partner

Which creates the problem that Hope doesn't really have much of a character beyond being a generic action girl. She is fine in the first 2 films but the problem comes in Ant-Man 3. Since Janet and Cassie are involved in the plot, Hope unfortunately is the odd woman out and languishes in the movie because she has nothing to do. Cassie is adventuring with her dad while Janet has the mystery surrounding what she knows of Kang. Ironically Hope Van Dyne, a comic character created to synergize her into the comics does have a more distinctive and vibrant character being more a quirky cheerful science girl and wanting to help other girls get into science.

Which unfortunately synergy kinda forces Hope on us and without improvement. It's a trip going from the very vibrant and entertaining Janet in EMH to Avengers Assemble using Hope wholesale from the movies and her entire character can be defined entirely by boring daddy issues. It's always the trouble with OC's. Unless you really put in the work to make them interesting, a lot of the time they are transparently not as interesting as a character based on the source material.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 05-17-2024 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Watching Earth's Mightiest Heroes and seeing Hank and Janet's relationship, I'm reminded of my problems with Scott Lang and Hope Pym's relationship.

The former feels like a dynamic between 2 individuals, but Scott and Hope's romance feels more like obligatory "guy has to get with girl". Like Hank and Janet argue about what they want differently in life, Janet wants to be a superstar superhero while Hank wants to live a quiet life as a scientist, its not too much but its something. Meanwhile Hope and Scott's arguments are more so Hope nagging Scott for being incompetent and a goofball, not very character driven. Which really sums up the issue with Hope as a character, she's very obligatory in her creation. So she was created entirely wholesale because since the MCU went with Scott instead of Hank, that meant Janet got phased out of the main character spot. So Hope was created to give Scott his own Wasp partner

Which creates the problem that Hope doesn't really have much of a character beyond being a generic action girl. She is fine in the first the films but the problem comes in Ant-Man 3. Since Janet and Cassie are involved in the plot, Hope unfortunately is the odd woman out and languishes in the movie because she has nothing to do. Cassie is adventuring with her dad while Janet has the mystery surrounding what she knows of Kang. Ironically Hope Van Dyne, a comic character created to synergize her into the comics does have a more distinctive and vibrant character being more a quirky cheerful science girl and wanting to help other girls get into science.

Which unfortunately synergy kinda forces Hope on us and without improvement. It's a trip going from the very vibrant and entertaining Janet in EMH to Avengers Assemble using Hope wholesale from the movies and her entire character can be defined entirely by boring daddy issues. It's always the trouble with OC's. Unless you really put in the work to make them interesting, a lot of the time they are transparently not as interesting as a character based on the source material.
    I love how in Avengers Assemble her first line is "It's about darn time" because it's a riff on something Hope said in the movies because that's about as much thought that went into incorporating her into the show.

And compared to the amount of depth and focus Hank and Janet's relationship was given they barely featured her and Scott together despite them ostensibly being partners because of course they couldn't imply any kind of romance in a Marvel cartoon. Not that there movie romance is much to write home about. I guess they kind of inverted the typical Ant-Man and Wasp dynamic where Ant-Man is the fun one and Wasp is the straight woman, but it makes Hope a very boring Wasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how in Avengers Assemble her first line is "It's about darn time" because it's a riff on something Hope said in the movies because that's about as much thought that went into incorporating her into the show.

And compared to the amount of depth and focus Hank and Janet's relationship was given they barely featured her and Scott together despite them ostensibly being partners because of course they couldn't imply any kind of romance in a Marvel cartoon. Not that there movie romance is much to write home about. I guess they kind of inverted the typical Ant-Man and Wasp dynamic where Ant-Man is the fun one and Wasp is the straight woman, but it makes Hope a very boring Wasp.
    Now that I think about it, the other issue is that Hope is entirely defined by her relationship with her father.

Like you can argue that Janet is defined by her romantic relationship to Hank, but she does have stuff separate from him. Hell her first line in the Ant-Man/Wasp micro-episode is talking about she is the one supporting them both, using her business and wealth to fund Hank's science projects. Janet is independently successful from Hank, being a fashion mogul meaning she at least has her own stuff away from Hank.

Hope meanwhile is essentially an extension of her father. Everything about her, she's a member of the Pym company, she's a superhero under his teaching and is trying to live up to his name, there's nothing about Hope that isn't connected to Hank. And even if you take out the Hank stuff that still leaves Hope defined by her relationship to Scott especially in the case of Avengers Assemble where they are rigid in which characters can interact with each other so Hope can only majorly interact with Scott.

Meanwhile in EMH there is a whole video featuring all the interactions between Janet and Hawkeye, not because there was anything romantic between them but because the show was willing to have fun with its character dynamics and interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Which creates the problem that Hope doesn't really have much of a character beyond being a generic action girl. She is fine in the first 2 films but the problem comes in Ant-Man 3. Since Janet and Cassie are involved in the plot, Hope unfortunately is the odd woman out and languishes in the movie because she has nothing to do. Cassie is adventuring with her dad while Janet has the mystery surrounding what she knows of Kang. Ironically Hope Van Dyne, a comic character created to synergize her into the comics does have a more distinctive and vibrant character being more a quirky cheerful science girl and wanting to help other girls get into science.

Hope Pym already existed in the MC2 universe before she was adapted into the MCU:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hope_Pym_(Earth-982)

She was a villain in that universe.

Which tracks with the original rumors that Hope was supposed to side with Cross in the movie. Hence why Pym had to rely on Scott.

I believe it was after Peyton Reed came on board that the character was turned into an ally for Hank. The whole sub plot with Janet being lost in the Quantum Realm and Hank finally giving Hope her suit felt very last minute tacked on.

I think Peyton is more likely to agree with you than not. He seems like to like centering Wasp in the narrative and even had the last two Ant-Man movies retitled Ant-Man & The Wasp. I wonder what he would have done if he had to do the movie from scratch or if he got a full on Wasp movie? Ant-Man & The Wasp was all about establishing how bad ass Hope Pym was and her journey to reunite with her mom, the movie even starts with Hope and Janet with Scott as a tag along comic relief / McGuffin. The third movie it was about Janet introducing us to Kang.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hope Pym already existed in the MC2 universe before she was adapted into the MCU:

Which tracks with the original rumors that Hope was supposed to side with Cross in the movie. Hence why Pym had to rely on Scott.

I believe it was after Peyton Reed came on board that the character was turned into an ally for Hank. The whole sub plot with Janet being lost in the Quantum Realm and Hank finally giving Hope her suit felt very last minute tacked on.

I think Peyton is more likely to agree with you than not. He seems like to like centering Wasp in the narrative and even had the last two Ant-Man movies retitled Ant-Man & The Wasp. I wonder what he would have done if he had to do the movie from scratch or if he got a full on Wasp movie? Ant-Man & The Wasp was all about establishing how bad ass Hope Pym was and her journey to reunite with her mom, the movie even starts with Hope and Janet with Scott as a tag along comic relief / McGuffin. The third movie it was about Janet introducing us to Kang.
    Oh I didn't know that, thats interesting.

This is a complicated subject since a big reason why Hank and Janet got demoted is cause of the development hell the Ant-Man movie went through under Edgar Wright.

Interesting to think how the movie could have turned out had Peyton Reed been involved from the start. Maybe could have better included going Wasp right from the start instead of only bringing in the suit for the sequel.

Not gonna lie I wish Hope had sided with Cross and become Red Queen or even the female Yellowjacket. Going into Quantumania I was crossing my fingers that Hope was a Skrull agent the whole time to get Pym Particles for a Skrull invasion. Would have been the most interesting thing they ever did with the character. I'll say it till the cows come home (and spoiler alert, the cows never come home) Scott does not need a traditional Wasp. He's got Cassie/Stinger as his sidekick which is a different dynamic from Ant-Man and the Wasp duo. Scott and Hope just feel like a less interesting Hank and Janet when together. Hope could have been a interesting second villain as Red Queen though.

In an ideal world Hank and Janet should have been in the first Avengers movie than after Age of Ultron Hank becomes Yellowjacket and passes the mantle to Scott in 2015 and he goes from there. This way we could have gotten Janet as Wasp and she could still be around as a veteran Avenger. Hope Pym/Van Dyne steps on too many toes for my liking and she synergized my arch-nemesis Nadia Van Dyne into existence who does the same thing, yes I'm super petty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Not gonna lie I wish Hope had sided with Cross and become Red Queen or even the female Yellowjacket. Going into Quantumania I was crossing my fingers that Hope was a Skrull agent the whole time to get Pym Particles for a Skrull invasion. Would have been the most interesting thing they ever did with the character. I'll say it till the cows come home (and spoiler alert, the cows never come home) Scott does not need a traditional Wasp. He's got Cassie/Stinger as his sidekick which is a different dynamic from Ant-Man and the Wasp duo. Scott and Hope just feel like a less interesting Hank and Janet when together. Hope could have been a interesting second villain as Red Queen though.

In an ideal world Hank and Janet should have been in the first Avengers movie than after Age of Ultron Hank becomes Yellowjacket and passes the mantle to Scott in 2015 and he goes from there. This way we could have gotten Janet as Wasp and she could still be around as a veteran Avenger. Hope Pym/Van Dyne steps on too many toes for my liking and she synergized my arch-nemesis Nadia Van Dyne into existence who does the same thing, yes I'm super petty about it.
    Or pseudo villain. those can be fun if written well... which... most writers can't....

Then Janet failed at it. All we know from Kang in the film was he has to destroy timelines because...He fights and loses to Ant Family and Modok of all people. Then a group of variants proclaim they will do...something to the Avengers. No wonder the character is cooked atm.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post

They also have the romantic chemistry of a rock.