View Poll Results: Would you want to see it?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 84.13%
  • No

10 15.87%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Xmen 97 S01x09

This episode was mostly good but Part of it made no sense.

There is no way Wolverine with his mentallic coater skeleton can get anywhere remotely near Magneto "Master of Magnetism" let alone being able to sneak up behind Magneto to stab him.

That was rubbish writing.

U can't "blindside" a person who can detect you from miles away before u even reach his line of sight.

Even when Wolverine landed on that asteroid... Magneto could have EASILY magnetized Wolverine to the floor.

During that same fight showed Magneto making several omni-directional magnetic force bursts..... And yet none of that affected Wolverine?

How?!?

Magneto did NOT and does NOT need to see Wolverine to know where he is.

Even with Wolverine was cloaked on some type of invisibility.... Magneto would still detect the adamanatium in Wolverine ESPECIALLY because of its very unique alloy.
    Actually, it's good writing. Story 101 drama trumps logic. The Audience will overlook minor illogical choices if it helps to craft a good story which this did. I mean going with your sentiment why doesn't Magneto just toss Wolverine a few blocks every time they meet? Or why doesn't Charles find every supervillain on Earth using Cerebro and put them to sleep and tell the Avengers, Fantastic Four, FBI, CIA, Interpool, Scotland Yard etc where to find the evil sleeping beauties so they can be taken in? Wouldn't this foster into good will towards mutants? Well, he doesn't do it because no Supervillains kills the drama for the Marvel Universe.

Has Magneto EVER shown that he can detect Wolverine without seeing him? I know Magneto can control metal, but I've never seen him show the ability to Detect Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Has Magneto EVER shown that he can detect Wolverine without seeing him? I know Magneto can control metal, but I've never seen him show the ability to Detect Metal.
    If he could he probably would have stopped Logan before he got stabbed from behind.

Ian MacKellan did it in X2. TBH comic writers pretty much write any old shit to justify one-off feats they need the characters to do for the story, like Magneto hypnotising people with his “magnetic personality”, or he can generate holograms now because light is Electro-magnetic waves and they have “magnetic” in their name.

Despite "reality," it's easy to use the excuse that in any team fight, Magneto's usually too distracted to keep track of Wolverine at every moment, or to keep focusing his powers on him other than when he's directly attacking. Or else Wolverine would have to hide in a closet anytime Magneto shows up and nobody wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Ian MacKellan did it in X2. TBH comic writers pretty much write any old shit to justify one-off feats they need the characters to do for the story, like Magneto hypnotising people with his “magnetic personality”, or he can generate holograms now because light is Electro-magnetic waves and they have “magnetic” in their name.
    Magnets, how do they work?
    Last Read: Black Hammer: Streets of Spiral

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Lilo & Stitch, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I thought it was X3 where Magneto says he can detect Logan through the adamantium on his bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I thought it was X3 where Magneto says he can detect Logan through the adamantium on his bones.
    He senses the iron filings Mystique put in the jailer’s blood - That’s what I’m thinking of. Makes sense though that he might notice traces of metal in an environment with none.

Incredible Member

I hope they get double the number of episodes, because I'm seriously looking forward to the b-team of x-men to hold the fort and they need serious screen time.

Who do you want and whom do you think we are going to get?

Can't believe it's over, what a fantastic season!

Well the ending was not what I expected, but maybe that's a good thing. I thought they would straight copy the comics and have Xavier mind-wipe Magneto and eventually lead to Onslaught. It's good that they're going in their own direction, but hopefully we eventually do get to see Onslaught. Maybe in the third season? Perhaps Xavier did absorb enough of Magneto's dark side and it'll fester inside him throughout the next season and eventually manifest. Who knows?

Now a year of withdrawal begins until season 2.

One last Opening Update! Charles and Erik fending off soldiers together, which considering their relationship was pivotal to the episode, was very on-point! I wonder if season 2 will have everyone in their new costumes?

Once upon a time Erik and Xavier were two friends opening up to each other about themselves, their gifts, and their beliefs in humanity...but now it's just a projection as Charles tries, for the umpteenth time, to reason with Magneto. But it's too little too late because Magneto is too far gone and too caught up in his rage and pain to listen. So Xavier has to go for the nuclear option and a psychic blast to save the plane!

We didn't get bone claws Wolverine, but he's healing! And lost in the time stream.

Silver Samurai! 90's Iron Man (with his season 1 armor!?), The Winter Guard with Crimson Dynamo, Darkstar, and Omega Red! 90's Daredevil with Cloak and Dagger! 90's Dr. Strange! 90's Black Panther! Except...not?

Jeez, thanks Bastion's mom. She lied to him that Xavier wouldn't accept him when SHE was the reason Xavier couldn't have a chance to mentor and help Bastion. She's not only the source of Bastion's mommy issues but also why he ended up like he did.

Scott won't let Logan die! Xavier won't let Magneto die! And Jean has basically been upgraded to full mom status for Cable.

Bastion and Cable discussing their mutual mommy issues, what a world.

Roberto coming into his own as Sunspot! And patching things up with Jubilee. Nice.

Thank you Deus Ex Phoenix! Jean's power coming in just in time to stop Bastion's Prime Sentinels and save the Earth, as well as the man Jean has come to view as a son! And delivering the worst fate for Sinister...stealing all the Mutant genes HE stole and leaving him a withered husk who can easily be mocked by Morph. Just what he deserves.

Why was Black Panther T'Chaka instead of T'Challa? It makes no sense. That should've been Keith David's Black Panther from the 90's FF cartoon, they even used the same design. Why even use T'Chaka instead of T'Challa when everyone else is their normal selves? I just don't get it.

Bastion truly left his humanity behind to embrace being a machine, seeing that as the only path forward. And in the process he whacks Cable with his metal arm, absorbs it, and reaches his Second Coming Final Form to go and destroy Asteroid M. All the same though, it does kind of put into perspective how they all should've been teaming up to stop him from day one. Especially Rogue.

Nothing says Rogue is back then using card quips like Remy would have.

Did Bastion really think he could beat Cyclops in a Beam War? Well, maybe when he starts blasting him from multiple eras...quantity, not quality.

Jubilee really showing off how powerful she can be! I love it! Even got a cool visor break visual!

Man, Beast REALLY loves piloting Sentinels! But good way to bring the entire team together.

Morph transformed into Mr. Fantastic! Complete with 90's accurate design!

Steve Rogers. Still trying to do the right thing. Still useless in an X-Men cartoon.

Bless the X-Men for still trying to reason with Bastion rather than fight him to the death. He's too far gone and is just a testament to humanity's inability to accept Mutants, but they still tried and Cyclops genuinely reached out to save him...from missiles humanity (in their infinite wisdom) launched at Asteroid M and just made everything worse. But Bastion would rather die than accept help from Mutants.

"I love you" - Morph confessed their love to Wolverine! As Jean, but still! Though I don't think Logan will return their feelings like that.

Who would have thought that the best way to get through to Magneto was to appeal to his need for a family? And make him realize that he hasn't lost a family again...he's gained one, in Charles and the X-Men, and that means he has to fight to protect them rather than destroy them. Though I did find it kind of funny that in his mindscape we had all his kids (including Polaris) but he only cared about Rogue.

Oh snap, it's Spider-Man: The Animated Series Peter Parker, Mary Jane, and Flash Thompson! Mary Jane is in the yellow sweater and purple pants! Does this mean Peter finally saved MJ!?

Cable deserved a real childhood with his parents and with the X-Men, but he still has parents who loved him and believe in him...and he finally gets to see his fathers' eyes he inherited in his last moments.

Where were Magneto's actual kids during this? Off-world apparently! Is that where the rest of the Avengers are?

Bishop and Forge! Together again for the first time! And ready to hunt down the X-Men across time! Will they recruit Jubilee and Forge in the process?

The X-Men have been ported across time! Rogue, Beast, Charles, and Magneto in ancient Egypt with a young En Saba Nurr! Jean and Cyclops in the far future to meet up with Mother Askani (Rachel!?) and a young Nate Grey (The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix!?)! And in the present-day, Apocalypse (voiced by Ross Marquand just like how David Kaye voiced Apocalypse in X-Men Evolution along with Charles) is in the ruins of Genosha and about to revive Gambit as Death!

Who was that in the scene with Alpha Flight? Psylocke and...? She has a sash belt in the longer shot.

I really enjoyed this season! And I say that as someone who didn't really like the original series.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post

Who was that in the scene with Alpha Flight? Psylocke and...? She has a sash belt in the longer shot.

I really enjoyed this season! And I say that as someone who didn't really like the original series.
    it's Cipher.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Steve Rogers. Still trying to do the right thing. Still useless in an X-Men cartoon.
    LOL sums it up so well!

And I think that's maye Cecelia Reyes for some reason, in Alpha Flight?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    LOL sums it up so well!

And I think that's maye Cecelia Reyes for some reason, in Alpha Flight?
    Her powers are phasing powers she was in the Genosha scene dancing that had Dazzler and Multiple Man.

Edit: Speaking of Phasing powers Shadowcat was on Forge's board meaning Kitty is finally canon to X-Men TAS.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-17-2024 at 04:16 PM.