Page 210 of 215 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3214

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume it means they're working out of the Fortress of Solitude?
    We really need two covers of Superman and Batman stuff?

Any covers of Supes and Bats on Themyscira?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    We really need two covers of Superman and Batman stuff?

Any covers of Supes and Bats on Themyscira?
    I mean, if it's actually relevant to the content in the issue.

I’m not entirely against the new solicts with Damian teaming up with Diana. I’m sure Diana can show Damian how a true warrior get it done.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not that Id expect them to since obvious reasons but it would've been nice if we revisited Dianas "armory" and put together her outfit that way

And this is what she should look like. Add pants to it if you want

or

If you mean by use Injustice as how not to design WW outfits than yeah sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If you mean by use Injustice as how not to design WW outfits than yeah sure.
    Injustice alts doesnt make the costumes automatically worst than what we have

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Lmao, seriously there is something very funny about the best selling and most talked about run for Wonder Woman in years being stopped by an event written by Mark Waid. It's sad but almost poetic considering a lot of problems with modern Wonder Woman can be directly traced to Kingdom Come.
    Something seriously ironic that the best selling and most talked about run for Wonder Woman in years being the one that has Super and batman Characters and written by a writer reviled by the Wonder Woman fanbase [the CBR Ww fans at least]

It's become more and more evident that this forum isn't remotely reflective of the wider WW fandom.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-18-2024 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Something seriously ironic that the best selling and most talked about run for Wonder Woman in years being the one that has Super and batman Characters and written by a writer reviled by the Wonder Woman fanbase [the CBR Ww fans at least]

It's become more and more evident that this forum isn't remotely reflective of the wider WW fandom.
    King's run isn't really reviled here (maybe only by a couple of people). You'd have to go on reddit for that

Most people here complaining about Superman and Batman like what King is doing, they just want more WW lore in it.

Fantastic Member

I hate to say it but the Wonder Woman fandom is too small to make any difference in the big scheme of things. So the only way her series becomes best selling and talked about is if it caters to people who are not Wonder Woman fans. This is why the Azarello run became so famous despite being disliked by Wonder Woman fans.

For the casual fans, a Wonder Woman book which defines her in terms of Superman and Batman is the best way to write her. There is a reason that for a vast number of people, DCAU version of Wonder Woman is the definitive adaptation, even though it changes almost everything about her from the comics.

If some writer comes along and make a Wonder Woman book which is about her being Batman's girlfriend, it will sell like hot cakes but I doubt Wonder Woman fans will be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I hate to say it but the Wonder Woman fandom is too small to make any difference in the big scheme of things. So the only way her series becomes best selling and talked about is if it caters to people who are not Wonder Woman fans. This is why the Azarello run became so famous despite being disliked by Wonder Woman fans.

For the casual fans, a Wonder Woman book which defines her in terms of Superman and Batman is the best way to write her. There is a reason that for a vast number of people, DCAU version of Wonder Woman is the definitive adaptation, even though it changes almost everything about her from the comics.

If some writer comes along and make a Wonder Woman book which is about her being Batman's girlfriend, it will sell like hot cakes but I doubt Wonder Woman fans will be thrilled.
    When was the last time a WW book was even catered to WW fans? Beginning of Rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    When was the last time a WW book was even catered to WW fans? Beginning of Rebirth?
    Well the last run probably with all the deep pulls and such.

Historia for last acclaimed one given no Supes, no Bats, and the daddy Zeus origin getting skewered.

Most of posts in the reviews thread whenever they come up are mostly positive, but sure go tilt at some more windmills.

What's being brought up is how the WW is constantly made to share space for Superman and Batman but the same courtesy is almost never extended vice-versa or when it is it's just WW being used as a prop for how awesome Superman and Batman are. King's Batman run or Priest's Superman run having Lois tell Diana she sucks.

Incredible Member

Yeah people mostly like King's run here with mostly everyone hating the focus on Bat and Super family. Twitter and Reddit are the places where people really hate King's run. But Twitter hates everything so that really isn't relevant.
    Wonder Woman proping up Batman and Superman are why people here are not looking forward to Absolute Power or World's Finest because the writer has history of doing that.

Superman was in literally one issue. Unless you think people are buying this book for the Super-Sons backup and not the main story?

Tom King isn't perfect. I have my criticisms, but--barring Trinity & the nepo-twins, which I've been skipping--I've been fine with his run thus far for the most part.

The latest round of complaints on this particular forum have more to do with Absolute Power and how that's going to muck up the title for the next few months. But that's not Tom King's fault. That's an editorially mandated crossover.
    It's truly remarkable the extent at which DC Comics makes being a Wonder Woman fan an endurance test.

my blog