Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Sketchbook artwork by Adam Pollina featuring unused X-FORCE designs for Mirage and Karma (?). I might love the Danielle outfit...or is that Risque? The accessories make me thing it's Moonstar...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I hope if Dani shows up she has a new outfit even normal clothes simular to the red top and Jean shorts of the era as dran by Jim Cheung in X-Force 82
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Sketchbook artwork by Adam Pollina featuring unused X-FORCE designs for Mirage and Karma (?). I might love the Danielle outfit...or is that Risque? The accessories make me thing it's Moonstar...

Oh, nice find! Where did you get it? That might be Risqué, I'm not sure. I think Risqué had bangs...

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I hope if Dani shows up she has a new outfit even normal clothes simular to the red top and Jean shorts of the era as dran by Jim Cheung in X-Force 82
    It was the aforementioned Adam Pollina that designed that outfit, actually. I agree, though, Dani needs a new costume. Preferably not involving black and yellow.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Wow! Thanks for sharing! I loved that time with Adam pollina and never seen this one.

Finally finished my funko-style Dani.

20240517_163828.jpg

The hair turned out to be the hardest part. It also screwed with the doll's weight and balance. I had to put some wire in her neck and use a heavier base. I've already started work on Nova -- he's a lot easier in some ways -- but after that I'm going to experiment with some lighter weight cotton. If I like the results, I'll probably redo Dani with that.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Oh, nice find! Where did you get it? That might be Risqué, I'm not sure. I think Risqué had bangs...
    I found it on ComicArtFans.com via a random search. Risque did have short bangs, and never joined the team to have earned wearing an X, so that's more evidence pointing to it being Dani.

20240517_163828.jpg

The hair turned out to be the hardest part. It also screwed with the doll's weight and balance. I had to put some wire in her neck and use a heavier base. I've already started work on Nova -- he's a lot easier in some ways -- but after that I'm going to experiment with some lighter weight cotton. If I like the results, I'll probably redo Dani with that.
    AWESOME. And I appreciate that there isn't a red headband in sight!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I found it on ComicArtFans.com via a random search. Risque did have short bangs, and never joined the team to have earned wearing an X, so that's more evidence pointing to it being Dani.

AWESOME. And I appreciate that there isn't a red headband in sight!
    Thank you! I did get some red yarn, but I couldn't make myself use it.
    - Helen Keller

20240517_163828.jpg

Waaa! That's so cute! Great job.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Thanks! I'd like to make a Rahne version sometime, but I don't have a decent colour for her hair. Although, it just occurred to me that if I did her in half-wolf mode the darkest brown might work. Even that's not very dark, however... I'll have to think about it.
    - Helen Keller

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-heir-of-apocalypse-mutants/

Hey guys -- been awhile!

I came across this Dani article. Apparently, she's slated to compete in an upcoming event called, "Heir of Apocalypse." I haven't been able to find much info about this upcoming event -- does anyone know more details?

Quote Originally Posted by rf2044 View Post

Hey guys -- been awhile!

I came across this Dani article. Apparently, she's slated to compete in an upcoming event called, "Heir of Apocalypse." I haven't been able to find much info about this upcoming event -- does anyone know more details?
    Apocalypse is leaving Earth for Mars and wants somebody to take over his old job, so he gathers together twelve mutants and plans to make them fight for it.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Hey guys -- been awhile!

Apocalypse is leaving Earth for Mars and wants somebody to take over his old job, so he gathers together twelve mutants and plans to make them fight for it.
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post

How'd he pick the 12? Or hasn't that happened yet?

Is it going to be a limited-series?

Apparently they are people he sees as potential leaders of mutant kind, some of his choices are weird. Armageddon Girl, Cable, Cypher, Emma Frost, Exodus, Forge, Gorgon, Mirage, Mr. Sinister, Penance, Rictor, and Wolverine (Laura Kinney).
    Immortal in the Force.

Norj answered the first question, as to the second, is a 4 issue series running in June and July. First issue comes out June 12th. It was supposed to come out on the 5th, but there's been a delay.

Welcome back, btw! You're just in time for the Selene vs Moonstar fight on Monday.
    - Helen Keller