Page 151 of 202 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3023

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Scott and Jean were living in the treehouse together for the majority of the Krakoan era.
    Talk about recapturing one's lost youth. Living in a treehouse certainly seems like it could be a metaphor.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Talk about recapturing one's lost youth. Living in a treehouse certainly seems like it could be a metaphor.
    Scott himself said that he really wanted to live in a treehouse when he was a kid.

Even YouTubers such as Gary Nerdrotic or Ryan Kinel are saying that X-Men '97 is a masterpiece and Cyclops was finally done justice. The show should serve as a note for how to adapt Cyke on the big screen.

Even YouTubers such as Gary Nerdrotic or Ryan Kinel are saying that X-Men '97 is a masterpiece and Cyclops was finally done justice. The show should serve as a note for how to adapt Cyke on the big screen.
    The wokespotters have calmed down and found something to talk about other than misleading shots of Rogue's backside?
    Dark does not mean deep.

The wokespotters have calmed down and found something to talk about other than misleading shots of Rogue's backside?
    Surprisingly, yes. To be honest they make some valid points when they criticize media, it's not alway about something being "Woke".

Surprisingly, yes. To be honest they make some valid points when they criticize media, it's not alway about something being "Woke".
    I'm sure there is, but the little of them I have watched (a bit of Nerdrotic and Yellowflash) seemed to be performative outrage over the fact that not everything is targeted at them. My wife walked in on one video and within a couple of minutes asked "who's the incel?". She hasn't had any previous exposure to any of them, it's just the stuff he was railing against in the video she saw.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm sure there is, but the little of them I have watched (a bit of Nerdrotic and Yellowflash) seemed to be performative outrage over the fact that not everything is targeted at them. My wife walked in on one video and within a couple of minutes asked "who's the incel?". She hasn't had any previous exposure to any of them, it's just the stuff he was railing against in the video she saw.
    The fact they sometimes make good points is how they get ya.

They appeal to you by starting with points you think makes sense and thats when they drag you down with endless dog whistles and complaining about minorities and women.

Give em an inch, they'll drag you down a mile. Never trust those fucks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    A very nasty consequence of the whole pariah era for the character.

They really wanted to turn Cyclops into "Mutant Hitler" and have everyone either hate him or disavow his actions. A very detestable era for many reasons, this among them.
    I honestly wouldn't mind if post-AvX Cyke went the villain route, but he'd actually have to be written as one.

Methinks the 2010s writers /editors did try-- given their interviews also saying how "wrong" Cyke was, or how he's lost his way-- but they could never really translate it in writing.

The closest was... Hickman? During Secret Wars? And even then, it could be interpreted as being Phoenix'd Up (blame Marvel for that--- they outright equated possession by Phoenix with drug abuse XD)

Even the mutant Hitler thing went haywire when it was revealed that the big bad thing Cyke did was to try to stop a murder cloud from gassing the mutants to death o_o kinda sad that the writers even had to use Magik as a mouthpiece for hate against Cyke, but Imma sweep that under the rug.

Magik is still, to me, Cyke's new best friend / platonic life partner.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I don't know who Yellowflash is, I've mostly watched Ryan Kinel because he's a Star Wars Expanded universe stan, and through him I got to learn of Nerdrotic.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind if post-AvX Cyke went the villain route, but he'd actually have to be written as one.

Methinks the 2010s writers /editors did try-- given their interviews also saying how "wrong" Cyke was, or how he's lost his way-- but they could never really translate it in writing.

The closest was... Hickman? During Secret Wars? And even then, it could be interpreted as being Phoenix'd Up (blame Marvel for that--- they outright equated possession by Phoenix with drug abuse XD)

Even the mutant Hitler thing went haywire when it was revealed that the big bad thing Cyke did was to try to stop a murder cloud from gassing the mutants to death o_o kinda sad that the writers even had to use Magik as a mouthpiece for hate against Cyke, but Imma sweep that under the rug.

Magik is still, to me, Cyke's new best friend / platonic life partner.
    Yeah the only times Cyke actually felt like a villain was when he was possessed by the Phoenix force. Other than that they fell on their faces trying to portray him as mutant Hitler lmao.

This how you write a fallen hero. Something marvel couldn't even come close to in AvX.

Mighty Member

This how you write a fallen hero. Something marvel couldn't even come close to in AvX.
    Mate, we can even point towards Injustice Superman -- and all the philosophical dialogue it generated.

Idk-- maybe Marvel writers are at their best when they're trying to write heroic characters. DC writers, on the other hand, are really good at making complex characters (and, funnily enough, creation myths).
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Hal here has a valid point. He's gonna remake the entire multiverse in his image, a world without any pain, suffering and misery. But to do so he has to destdoy everything, creating an entire new existence born out of blood. He's sympathetic but he's still a villain. And the superheroes don't act like assholes saying he's "Hitler" or something. They wanna help him till the very end. Unlike Cyclops's case when everyone except Scott acted like total jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Mate, we can even point towards Injustice Superman -- and all the philosophical dialogue it generated.

Idk-- maybe Marvel writers are at their best when they're trying to write heroic characters. DC writers, on the other hand, are really good at making complex characters (and, funnily enough, creation myths).
    DC has had much better writers, they have the better characters, a much more fleshed out lore, of course they're better at writing Complex characters.
    To me, AvX will always be a cheap knock off of Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour: Crisis in Time events, without all the emotional aspects and logical reasons

Ugh, YellowFlash is an idiot, I had a discussion with him on Twitter because he was saying that Cyclops was worse than Magneto and an evil terrorist lol, it's obvious that he doesn't read comics.