Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Krillin vs Omni-Man

Krillin, The strongest (Non-Android) human in Dragonball

vs.

Omni-Man, the Viltrumite warrior.

This is the original comics version of Omni-Man, and the Manga version of Krillin, circa the Cell Saga.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I want to say Krillin is too fast for Omni-Man to hit, and he can spam energy attacks that ought to put him down, even if his punches don't hit as hard.

Biggest issue here is Krillin might tire out faster than Omni-Man would, and doesn't have his innate durability (needs to use his ki to protect his body).

Extraordinary Member

What speed tier is Omni-Man from the comics generally at?

Astonishing Member

Destructo Disc and Omni-Man is Half-Omni-Man. Also never saw Omni have any skill besides just punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What speed tier is Omni-Man from the comics generally at?
    He generally doesn't use super speed normally, is the thing. Like, at all. I'm sure someone with a better memory will correct me, but the only outright speedblitz I ever recall him doing was his rush against the Guardians. After that, he has multi-mach flight speed, for sure, and can react to flying at high speeds, but I can't recall him really doing anything like catching/dodging bullets or the like.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I have completely forgotten all the speed feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Destructo Disc and Omni-Man is Half-Omni-Man. Also never saw Omni have any skill besides just punching.
    I'm thinking pretty much this.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 05-22-2024 at 06:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Love, the fact that Kuririn was able to participate in the Tournament of Power AT ALL should mean he scales *way* out of Nolan's physical stats, but he didn't really do anything of now in it that I can recall.

Still, I'm pretty confident that Kuririn can just blow up everything on Nolan's side of the ring, Nolan included, faster than he can dodge out of the way, especially since the Solar Flare/Taiyou Ken has successfully blinded/stunned people who tend to be in the middle of massive flashes of light more often than Omni-Man is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Love, the fact that Kuririn was able to participate in the Tournament of Power AT ALL should mean he scales *way* out of Nolan's physical stats, but he didn't really do anything of now in it that I can recall.

Still, I'm pretty confident that Kuririn can just blow up everything on Nolan's side of the ring, Nolan included, faster than he can dodge out of the way, especially since the Solar Flare/Taiyou Ken has successfully blinded/stunned people who tend to be in the middle of massive flashes of light more often than Omni-Man is.
    This is Cell arc Krillin, so Tournament of Power stuff doesn't count.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I missed that.

Still, little dude showed up for #19 & #20, after being told that no one who didn't think that they were two to fought someone stronger than Frieza should bother coming, so the same general issue of him *probably* having the status to not be blitzstomped but not really having much in the way of easily quantifiable feats still exists, albeit at a level a few orders of magnitude lower.

Basically, if he's fast enough to hit Nolan, them Nolan's going to lose.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    He generally doesn't use super speed normally, is the thing. Like, at all. I'm sure someone with a better memory will correct me, but the only outright speedblitz I ever recall him doing was his rush against the Guardians. After that, he has multi-mach flight speed, for sure, and can react to flying at high speeds, but I can't recall him really doing anything like catching/dodging bullets or the like.

I'm thinking pretty much this.
    That's not quite accurate. A lot of the Invincible fights happen at super speed. But generally the Viltrulmites can only go all out against other Viltrulmites who also have super speed. Mark has commented on it while trying to tag a martial artist-- he has to move slow to avoid killing the guy. Mark also commented on how the fighting was happening too fast for him to keep up when he and Nolan threw down with those two Viltrulmites. But you don't tend to see much visual representation of that since their speed's relative to each other aren't that different. That said, you also get things like Mark and Conquest's first fight moving around the globe too fast for teleportation to keep up. We also have an early issue where Mark and Nolan are casually catching baseballs that circumvent the globe in the space of a few panels of conversation. For pure flight speed, Nolan had crossed interstellar distances under his own power.

The big problem is it is hard to quantify exactly how fast they are because they don't bother catching bullets which can't hurt them, and they don't get "one nanosecond later" labels like DC comics would. We pretty much have to use Mark's out of combat reflex feats and scaling. I'd personally peg him somewhere in the double digit mach range. Could be higher, but definitely well below the Kryptonian speed bracket.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Mark has commented on it while trying to tag a martial artist-- he has to move slow to avoid killing the guy.
    Just to note that this is an awful explanation.

Got scans or issue numbers so I can look upon it and giggle at the silliness of this excuse?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

That's not quite accurate. A lot of the Invincible fights happen at super speed. But generally the Viltrulmites can only go all out against other Viltrulmites who also have super speed. Mark has commented on it while trying to tag a martial artist-- he has to move slow to avoid killing the guy. Mark also commented on how the fighting was happening too fast for him to keep up when he and Nolan threw down with those two Viltrulmites. But you don't tend to see much visual representation of that since their speed's relative to each other aren't that different. That said, you also get things like Mark and Conquest's first fight moving around the globe too fast for teleportation to keep up. We also have an early issue where Mark and Nolan are casually catching baseballs that circumvent the globe in the space of a few panels of conversation. For pure flight speed, Nolan had crossed interstellar distances under his own power.

The big problem is it is hard to quantify exactly how fast they are because they don't bother catching bullets which can't hurt them, and they don't get "one nanosecond later" labels like DC comics would. We pretty much have to use Mark's out of combat reflex feats and scaling. I'd personally peg him somewhere in the double digit mach range. Could be higher, but definitely well below the Kryptonian speed bracket.
    Been a long time since I read the comics, but that sounds right now that you bring it up.

Still not sure how that stacks up to Krillin, to be honest, but I guess it's a much closer fight than I thought.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Been a long time since I read the comics, but that sounds right now that you bring it up.

Still not sure how that stacks up to Krillin, to be honest, but I guess it's a much closer fight than I thought.
    Krillin's got that very good speed feat from the 21st budokai, where he has a protracted sequence of combat against Jackie Chun.

And then after that he goes up several orders of magnitude thanks to all the power curve, though the exact way that affects his speed isn't clear.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I agree with every part of this, but...

DC comics
    Detective Comics Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just to note that this is an awful explanation.

Got scans or issue numbers so I can look upon it and giggle at the silliness of this excuse?
    ISTR this was in the second year or so? It's been a while. It was well before Mark had approached any kind of mastery with his abilities.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    ISTR this was in the second year or so? It's been a while. It was well before Mark had approached any kind of mastery with his abilities.
    Mastery or not, the idea that he needs to seriously slow himself down to the point where he's having problems with a normal ignores how speed would actually work for someone with said reflexes. And it's inconsistent, besides.

If he's capable of using his speed without falling all over himself and destroying the environment, he's capable of dealing with a normal at said speed without blowing them to pieces. ^_^

It really sounds like the writers had what they thought was an interesting idea and explanation for 'why no use speed' but didn't fully think it through.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Mastery or not, the idea that he needs to seriously slow himself down to the point where he's having problems with a normal ignores how speed would actually work for someone with said reflexes. And it's inconsistent, besides.

If he's capable of using his speed without falling all over himself and destroying the environment, he's capable of dealing with a normal at said speed without blowing them to pieces. ^_^

It really sounds like the writers had what they thought was an interesting idea and explanation for 'why no use speed' but didn't fully think it through.
    Oh, I knew exactly what you meant, I was using that to try to give you where on the timeline this happened.

It's obviously stupid as hell. Flash doesn't have to slow down to the point of getting hit by a normie to KO said normie.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan