Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Episodic formula television does well in broadcast television because you can watch an episode whenever you want, and don't have to keep up with an ongoing story. It allows groups of people to agree on watching an episode more easily.

It's less about audiences per se than it is about how broadcast television works.
    I understand that, I was referring to the content of the series itself.

To paraphrase Sam Morill "We should not be consuming shows about rape like it was smooth jazz."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I understand that, I was referring to the content of the series itself.

To paraphrase Sam Morill "We should not be consuming shows about rape like it was smooth jazz."
    Well, yeah, the fact that the most popular Law and Order is the sex crimes one is kind of f@#$ed.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well, yeah, the fact that the most popular Law and Order is the sex crimes one is kind of f@#$ed.
    A lot of those 1st 10+ seasons were gold advertising wise on TV… “Tonight on a special SVU , STABLER IS PUSHED TO THE BRINK !” (show him wanting to beat up suspects , beating up a locker , throwing sh-t !)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

No, the most popular Law and Order is the one that features Olivia Bensen and how she brings justice to the victims of those sex crimes. Without her (ie if Hargitay left in 2011 instead of Meloni) I doubt it would have lasted as long as it has.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A lot of those 1st 10+ seasons were gold advertising wise on TV… “Tonight on a special SVU , STABLER IS PUSHED TO THE BRINK !” (show him wanting to beat up suspects , beating up a locker , throwing sh-t !)
    Its funny to bring that up but the fact is the show has been Olivia's longer than it has been Elliot's, and Olivia's tenure (as main character vs co-lead) is more recent since it happened after Stabler's departure. She is the draw now, otherwise it would have crashed and burned after Meloni left since folks suddenly couldn't get their Angry Cop fix.

P-Valley Season 3 casting news.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Skc9GgqbgsA

The CW has cancelled Walker after four seasons. The network will also lose The Spencer Sisters after one season. The Canadian CTV network cancelled that series.

Actress Holly Hunter has been cast in a lead role for the upcoming Star Trek: Starfleet Academy series. Article Link

Freevee has cancelled Primo after one season.

PBS Masterpiece has renewed The Marlow Murder Club for a 2nd season.

Actress India de Beaufort will not be returning for Season 3 of Night Court. Article Link

Actor Gregory Harrison has left General Hospital. Article Link

Netflix has renewed Worst Roommate Ever for a 2nd season.

Actor Don Stark will return to That '90s Show as Bob Pinciotti in a recurring status for Season 2. Article Link

UnPrisoned Season 2 casting news.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The CW has cancelled Walker after four seasons.

Actress Holly Hunter has been cast in a lead role for the upcoming Star Trek: Starfleet Academy series. Article Link

Actress India de Beaufort will not be returning for Season 3 of Night Court. Article Link
    Walker - I watched the first several episodes and always meant to go back to it, still can I suppose, I thought it would end up having a 7/8/9 season run once it got into this 4th season. It felt established, I guess not established enough.

ST: Starfleet Academy - I feel this is a big get for a ST show in Holly Hunter. It is a similar reaction I had when Enterprise got Scott Bakula. Hope this show develops well, cautiously optimistic.

Night Court S3 - I recently binged both seasons on Peacock. I was just liking and understanding her characters role on the show. Not enough to weep her loss but dang it anyway.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Netflix has renewed My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman for a 5th season.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 05-22-2024 at 03:17 PM.

FBI and Chicago Med announce new showrunners.

Reacher Season 3 casting news.

British comedy series Outnumbered will be returning for a Christmas special after ending 8 years ago. Article Link

The CW has renewed Wild Cards for a 2nd season.

The Handmaid's Tale final season cast promotion news.

Freevee has cancelled High School after one season.

Actor Jeffrey Wright has been cast to join Season 2 of The Last of Us. He'll be playing "Isaac", the same role he played in the video game. Article Link.

Apple TV+ has cancelled Still Up after one season.

MAX has cancelled The Girls on the Bust after one season.

When Calls the Heart actress Mamie Laverock is on life support after a five story fall. Article Link.

Cote de Pablo and Michael Weatherly already have a NCIS spin-off series in the works but now they will also be doing a series rewatch podcast too.

The Ark Season 2 will premiere Wednesday July 17th at 10pm on Syfy.