Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1286

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Miles really deep down wants to date Kamala, huh?
    They are very shippable.
    (Peter's emotions about Gwen are I think very much boosted by guilt.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Duplicate.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It could be because of the fact she died twice, and the first time it was on Miles's watch (in Champions, he had to do a deal with Mephisto to save her). That kind of has parallels with Gwen, who Peter failed to save.
    damn Spiderman kill Ms. Marvel twice
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah. In Champions, Zzzax took out Kamala and Viv while Miles was distracted saving a civilian - who died instead on the redo, that was the price of the deal, though Miles only realised later on. And then of course Kamala died a second time fighting alongside Peter. Both times though, there was a weakness involved Kamala hadn't known about. Electricity shorts out her powers, and the magic knife she got stabbed with meant her healing factor failed to activate like she expected. So she's died twice fighting alongside a Spider-Man, but both times it wasn't really Spidey's fault. They both sure felt the guilt from it though! And you can see how that might make Kamala Miles's Gwen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member FlyingShadow's Avatar

Spider-Society gets a limited series in August.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nt-page:url%5D

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...cott-godlewski

To be honest, it's a little hard to be excited for these 'Spider-Verse' comics. It feels like we've had so many of them so close to together and they've been kind of 'mid' for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...cott-godlewski

To be honest, it's a little hard to be excited for these 'Spider-Verse' comics. It feels like we've had so many of them so close to together and they've been kind of 'mid' for the most part.
    I think the best spider-event was spider-geddon when miles led the team.

I wonder if Miles will be the lead because it's Spider-Verse related.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingShadow View Post
    I think the best spider-event was spider-geddon when miles led the team.
    Too much Doc Ock shilling for my taste...plus the Inheritors.

Spectacular Spider-Men variant by Ethan Young

I don’t know but it would be cool if he did though.

It was just nice seeing miles being treated with importance rather than having him being treated like a sidekick for a big event.

Spectacular Spider-Men variant by Ethan Young
    This is a nice cover.

All-New Member

Miles showing up at Strange's place makes me hopeful of the idea of Miles learning magic coming true. Maybe him using his venom with it could be the key. I remember when Bendis was writing Miles, it was shown that his Venom Blast was especially effective against creatures with weird genetics. Miles brought this up when he originally fought Ultimate Goblin and when he first fought Blackheart. Maybe they'll revisit this concept somewhat and have spells powered by venom energy be effective against vampires.
    I would be for it if Miles was a completely new character but doesn't he already have enough? The base spider-man power set, plus electrokinesis that can lead to green lantern constructs, plus invisible woman powers.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyHarpoon View Post
    I would be for it if Miles was a completely new character but doesn't he already have enough? The base spider-man power set, plus electrokinesis that can lead to green lantern constructs, plus invisible woman powers.
    He doesn't need to be on the level of Doctor Strange or Voodoo, but just enough to deal with the likes of R'ym'r or Blackheart or whatever magical/supernatural enemy he ends up dealing with on his own.

I like to think of Miles as being like a character in an RPG who's dipping into other classes to learn different skills. He might not be completely mastering them, but he's learning enough to be useful to him.
    Last edited by XenobladerX; 05-17-2024 at 09:58 PM.

End of Spider-Verse ended in a way which stated Silk should be leading these from now on - but poor Cindy isn't even on the cover!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He doesn't need to be on the level of Doctor Strange or Voodoo, but just enough to deal with the likes of R'ym'r or Blackheart or whatever magical/supernatural enemy he ends up dealing with on his own.

I like to think of Miles as being like a character in an RPG who's dipping into other classes to learn different skills. He might not be completely mastering them, but he's learning enough to be useful to him.
    That's what I have in mind too. Miles as a renaissance man type of hero that doesn't necessarily specialize in anything, but has experience in many different fields so that he's never completely out of his depth.