Page 157 of 176 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2633

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I was trying to get it out the way
    Its pointless, even IF Redjack had them interact and had them be cordial and work together and set up a nice team up, that doesn't matter when the rest of Marvel is dead set in having Storm pull some ole bullisht and T'Challa just sits and takes it

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Its pointless, even IF Redjack had them interact and had them be cordial and work together and set up a nice team up, that doesn't matter when the rest of Marvel is dead set in having Storm pull some ole bullisht and T'Challa just sits and takes it
    please be clear. There is NO situation in which I will do ANYTHING to make the T'Challa-Storm relationship work with them as any version of a romantic couple. It was a mistake to do it in the first place and it's been compounded, over and over, ever since (with the exception of McDuffie's portrayal of them in Fantastic Four) ALWAYS to the detriment of the Black Panther and Wakanda.

Astonishing Member

Maybe it’s just cope, but regarding the 97 thing, wasn’t T’Chaka Wearing a grey version of the outfit and T’Challa a black one?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I hate everything.
    Said I hate this bar and I hate to drink. On 2nd thought tonight I think

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Co-signed.
    Don't know why people pretend that Civil War hype didn't have T'Challa trending before the movie was even announced and Ava turned it down. Dude look like a top Halloween costume post civil war everybody's white kid was dressed as Panther.
    Downhill since.
    Black Panther wouldnt have had the legs it did without Coogler's vision imo.

And the problem with the hot take is that Marvel wasnt letting any director but Ryan Coogler try to break out of their typical cookie cutter movies at the time. You're forgetting just how bold that film was at the time.

Could Spike Lee or others made just as good or better movies? Sure. However, he was the "Jackie Robinson" so to speak. The right guy at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    please be clear. There is NO situation in which I will do ANYTHING to make the T'Challa-Storm relationship work with them as any version of a romantic couple. It was a mistake to do it in the first place and it's been compounded, over and over, ever since (with the exception of McDuffie's portrayal of them in Fantastic Four) ALWAYS to the detriment of the Black Panther and Wakanda.
    Yeah I really wish they didn't get together. IF Hudlin had to pair T'Challa up with another hero, the better choice would've been Monica Rambeau. But really he should've made a OG LI

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The solicits literally say he’s a double agent within the vampires
    Well, technically the solicit read... perhaps double agent?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Eh I don’t see the problem
    Less a problem and more a dissatisfaction. I find it difficult to appreciate the maiming of an unprepared, nonstrategic, depowered, self sacrificing Black Panther.

BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT (2024) #1
    T'CHALLA THE VAMPIRE! A KEY BLOOD HUNT TIE-IN! Spinning directly from the events in the BLOOD HUNT series, Black Panther finds himself transformed into a vampire and tasked with carrying out a key mission for the vampire overlord. But even a dark transformation won't keep T'Challa from his duties to Wakanda - for better or for worse…

BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT (2024) #2
    MYTHOLOGY, MONSTERS AND MANKIND CLASH! T'Challa has been transformed into a vampire! While on a mission as an agent (or perhaps double agent?) of the vampire leader, T'Challa is warned by Bast herself about the true nature of his enemy, the wrath of the Gods and the danger of bringing his bloodlust to Wakanda… PLUS: T'Challa reignites a feud with a familiar foe!

BLACK PANTHER: BLOOD HUNT (2024) #3
    THE DEEP-SEA FINALE! Black Panther must battle Atlantis in an underwater temple that holds the key to the vampires' power! Will the gods help or harm the protector of Wakanda when his spirit is mired by vampirism? And what of T'Challa's exile while he has been sneaking around within the Wakandan borders? Can this lost son finally return home?

Nice covers, should have been released for Halloween. This would have worked for me as an Elseworld, oops, sorry Marvel, What if, alternate universe story for Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This book needs to start giving and fast.
    I definitely agree with you and this issue may be my last. I'm glad the book is selling well but that doesn't automatically make the book good. People also need to stop kidding themselves an realize that it's the Ultimate line itself that is hot. USM is carrying the line and UXM and UBP are benefiting from it.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

dang every time I come here yall be ranting about storm. i hope yall find peace. nevertheless, since yall like discussing ororo/tchalla so much, I want to express how i love that in 616 canon it has been made clear they will always have love for one another and their love remains UNDIMINISHED... no one can erase that

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I definitely agree with you and this issue may be my last. I'm glad the book is selling well but that doesn't automatically make the book good. People also need to stop kidding themselves an realize that it's the Ultimate line itself that is hot. USM is carrying the line and UXM and UBP are benefiting from it.
    Well lucky for us UBP and Ultimate X men are good Books
    Last edited by Dariel81; 05-18-2024 at 03:02 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    dang every time I come here yall be ranting about storm. i hope yall find peace. nevertheless, since yall like discussing ororo/tchalla so much, I want to express how i love that in 616 canon it has been made clear they will always have love for one another and their love remains UNDIMINISHED... no one can erase that

Nothing will satisfy some of these BP fans.
    I’ve been reading priest BP and if his BP was released today a lot folk will have the same complaints.
    Especially towards the end of his run which was just goofy and bad .

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I’ve been reading priest BP and if his BP was released today a lot folk will have the same complaints.
    I was THERE when the Priest run was released. Hell, I moderated his message board. While there were the occasional complaints (mostly about gadgets and the presence of Ross), nobody was complaining about the lack of feats or T'Challa being jobbed to make guest stars look good. Actually, the biggest controversy I recall was the time Thor was shot in the head.

For good or for ill, in those days, Black Panther was about, well, BLACK PANTHER. Not "exploring Wakanda", explaining why monarchy was bad, or hyping up a character from a completely different franchise.

And do I complain about Storm? Sure... because every time she turns up, SHE becomes the focus, and T'Challa is a supporting character in his own book. And then her fans come out proclaiming what a great story it is, and she's being shown the respect she deserves as the "Hadari Yao".

In a thread to appreciate T'challa. Who rarely gets any respect at all in his own books. Including UBP, where he needs to "learn a lesson" for months while Shuri & Okoye run the country. Yay!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I was THERE when the Priest run was released. Hell, I moderated his message board. While there were the occasional complaints (mostly about gadgets and the presence of Ross), nobody was complaining about the lack of feats or T'Challa being jobbed to make guest stars look good. Actually, the biggest controversy I recall was the time Thor was shot in the head.

For good or for ill, in those days, Black Panther was about, well, BLACK PANTHER. Not "exploring Wakanda", explaining why monarchy was bad, or hyping up a character from a completely different franchise.

And do I complain about Storm? Sure... because every time she turns up, SHE becomes the focus, and T'Challa is a supporting character in his own book. And then her fans come out proclaiming what a great story it is, and she's being shown the respect she deserves as the "Hadari Yao".

In a thread to appreciate T'challa. Who rarely gets any respect at all in his own books. Including UBP, where he needs to "learn a lesson" for months while Shuri & Okoye run the country. Yay!
    I was also there and the complaints were it was boring, Tchalla was a Mary sue and it was too wordy etc.
    then how the run ended was beyond bad.
    Last edited by Dariel81; 05-18-2024 at 03:59 AM.

I was also there and the complaints were it was boring, Tchalla was a Mary sue and it was too wordy etc.
    then how the run ended was beyond bad.
    You do realize that you are contradicting yourself here, right? Unless you truly believe that people don't like the book now because T'Challa is TOO competent?

I fully agree that the Kasper arcs were bad, but Priest is only partly to blame for that.

Amazing Member

Priest was the last writer to make T'Challa work within established continuity all while respecting his power set, adding original characters and conceptually upgrading the Black Panther and Wakanda. Were there off issues? Of course. Ideas to criticize, yes. None the less we knew who the Black Panther was and it was his book until it wasn't. Enter Casper Cole. Marvel's first attempt at obfuscating T'Challa the Black Panther.

Priest should also be credited with blueprinting a workable relationship between Black Panther and Storm. Stürm und Drang, arguably Priest's best story arc, left little to nothing to complain about with the goings on between T'Challa and Ororo. Romance encapsulated in truth,trust and honesty with a heavy dose of sexual tension and adventure. Had their interactions continued this course perhaps fans of both franchises would have been satisfied.