Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zero Hour and Absolute DC

There were rumors around here a few months back that Absolute DC would have some connection to Zero Hour. In light of this solicit, I wonder if DC is using a different Crisis than COIE to spin off a new Earth and publishing line? For all intents and purposes, there's nothing left to mine from COIE.

https://screenrant.com/green-lantern...rsary-special/

Zero Hour 30th-Anniversary Special
    On sale August 28th
    Written by DAN JURGENS and RON MARZ
    Art by DAN JURGENS, DARRYL BANKS, JERRY ORDWAY, PAUL PELLETIER,
    KELLEY JONES and more!
    Cover by DAN JURGENS and JERRY ORDWAY
    Variant covers by ALAN QUAH and KEN LASHLEY
    1:25 variant cover by DAN HIPP
    RAISED UV cover by JON BOGDANOVE ($10.99 US)
    $9.99 US | 80 pages | Variant $9.99 US (card stock)

30 years ago, one of the DCU's brightest heroes fell from grace, driven over the edge by his failure to save Coast City and millions of people. In the famed EMERALD TWILIGHT storyline, Hal Jordan became PARALLAX in the wake of Coast City being annihilated. After that, he almost succeeded in refashioning the entire DC timeline and resetting reality to restore his home in the ZERO HOUR event. Luckily, the heroes prevailed and destroyed this villain and timeline for good...or so we thought. Green Lantern Kyle Rayner is about to discover Hal and his vision have survived, and they're willing to do whatever it takes to make sure their world prevails!

Writers Dan Jurgens and Ron Marz return to the world of Zero Hour with an art team comprised of all-star DC talent to celebrate this landmark anniversary. What repercussions will their story today have for
    those of tomorrow?
    Perhaps "Earth-A" will be Hal's "perfect Earth?"

ZerHour30.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    There were rumors around here a few months back that Absolute DC would have some connection to Zero Hour. In light of this solicit, I wonder if DC is using a different Crisis than COIE to spin off a new Earth and publishing line? For all intents and purposes, there's nothing left to mine from COIE.

ZerHour30.jpg
    I am in! I loved Zero Hour, despite its flaws. Also, love this time period for DC. Great seeing Jack Knight on the cover.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Validus... Emerald Empress... in the present? ooooohh....
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-14-2024 at 02:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Zero Hour was a slap in the face for Barbara Gordon Batgirl fans.

They could have returned her to her alternate time line...it sounded interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Zero Hour was a slap in the face for Barbara Gordon Batgirl fans.

They could have returned her to her alternate time line...it sounded interesting.
    Jurgens wanted to bring Earth-Two back after ZH but was blocked by editorial. I don't think they would have allowed alternate timelines, either.
    Last edited by All Star Superman; 05-15-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Jurgens wanted to bring Earth-Two back after ZH but was blocked by editorial. I don't think they would have allowed alternate timelines, either.
    Then Zero Hour was a slap in the face to Earth 2 fans also.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Then Zero Hour was a slap in the face to Earth 2 fans also.
    To be for sure, the worst thing about Zero Hour was DC editorial's decision to hobble, if not outright kill, many of the members of the JSA. That sucked. The best thing to come out of that however was the work which James Robinson and Tony Harris proceeded to do with their Starman series which spun out of Zero Hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I am in! I loved Zero Hour, despite its flaws. Also, love this time period for DC. Great seeing Jack Knight on the cover.
    It was very exciting and actually had the same one year buildup that Infinite Crisis had (minus the specials). Jugment Day ran through all League books and that ran right into ZH

Incredible Member

Why is Wonder Woman in a blue jumpsuit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    To be for sure, the worst thing about Zero Hour was DC editorial's decision to hobble, if not outright kill, many of the members of the JSA. That sucked. The best thing to come out of that however was the work which James Robinson and Tony Harris proceeded to do with their Starman series which spun out of Zero Hour.
    It wasn't DC editorial. It was Mike Carlin. He hated the JSA for whatever petty reasons.

On the other hand you had editors like Dan Raspler and Pete Tomasi (and later Steve Wacker) that worked to undo what Carlin did, to bring back the JSA and to support Robinson on Starman. And they succeeded beyond their wildest dreams with the JSA ongoing by Geoff Johns. There were far more people at DC back than that wanted to give them their due than hated them for whatever reason.

1) DC since CoiE under Jenette Kahn was pretty explicit: no bringing back the multiverse! It's only after she left that they relaxed the rules and brought back the Multiverse later with IC and 52.

2) But they did allow alternate timelines in lieu of alternate worlds. For example the Armaggedon 2001 future ruled by Monarch.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-17-2024 at 09:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

It seems there is a female trinity in the image above. Could be Donna as Wonder Woman.

There is another cover with different lineups of heroes.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Totally getting Zero hour 30th anniversary one Shot Kyle vs Parallax Hall? Sounds good to me
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

Would this be the Parallax who survived Convergence?

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Would this be the Parallax who survived Convergence?
    It would be nice if they wrapped that up, but it's unclear at the moment.

Incredible Member

ZerHour30.jpg
    have no clue who the blue suit wonder woman is , at the time of zero hour , wondy was still in her normal costume and donna troy was a darkstar and in the darkstar costume.