Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They really just need to knock of 3 years make him 14 so he can have somewhat of a youth again
    I agree. Making Jon 13/14 would be best. He can still have kid stories and he’s closer to Damian’s age.

If DC is gonna deage him then it’ll happen after the next crisis more than likely.

I like the twins but they didn’t capture me like KidJon did. It doesn’t help that there isn’t any focus on them like Jon had. If they had a solo series then maybe that’d be different but they’re a poor replacement for kidjon

I don’t want or care about stories set in the past simply because they’re in the past. They’ve already happened and because of that there are no stakes.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There was too much money to be made off of kid Jon Kent and Supersons.

I mean let Jon handle the preteen adventures and let Conner enjoy the 18-21ish life in college.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

Heck you can sort of still have it now.
    Connor should be way past teen years, especially with everyone who is in. Jon's gen being 15-20(Wallace, Damian, Yara, red arrow, yara etc)
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I don't know, I still have a feeling, that their unwiligness to de-age Jon (there's always a way to make him 14-15 years old like I suggested) has more to do with the fact, that they just don't want Clark to have a little kid-teenage son who always has to be part of him life, mostly because not everyone wants to deal with Clark and Lois being parents. Aged-up Jon actually gives writers a valid reason not to use him (like Williamson in his current run), since he's old enough to do his own thing. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but, for instance, many Batman writers frequently catch some shit from fanbase for them not using Damian, so I can imagine it might be annoying for those, who have no interest in this.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 05-18-2024 at 03:20 AM.

I think Morrison deliberately designed Damian in such a way that he can do his own things despite being 10 years old. Jurgens and Tomasi didn't, it is harder to justify why we aren't getting Superfamiliy content if Jon is a kid.

I also don't think that there really is a point to bringing up the twins. It is not clear if PKJ will even have any DC books after the summer and without him I don't see anyone really investing in those characters so they'll fade into obscurity rather fast.

There's also factor of irreversibility - if they de-age Jon (even make him the same age as Damian), there's no going back. Just like it was with the marriage - it's restored and now if you have Mark Waid's mindset on Superman, it's highly unlikely you're gonna get to write the main Superman book. The same with Jon - de-aging him, even making him the same age as Damian, means, that basic status quo will remain changed for a very long time, if not forever (at least until another reboot), and for every writer, who might not be thrilled about this it's gonna be difficult, because it's hard to ignore a character's underage son, even in Damian's case writers are constantly catching hell for this. Damian was killed off because Morrison wanted to go back to basic status quo and allow everybody else to do what they want, but then he was brought back, and there was no going back from that. So I reckon here it might be pretty much the same case, just the character isn't dead, there was attempt to do something different, it backfired, and now they just don't want to reverse their decision.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think Morrison deliberately designed Damian in such a way that he can do his own things despite being 10 years old. Jurgens and Tomasi didn't, it is harder to justify why we aren't getting Superfamiliy content if Jon is a kid.

I also don't think that there really is a point to bringing up the twins. It is not clear if PKJ will even have any DC books after the summer and without him I don't see anyone really investing in those characters so they'll fade into obscurity rather fast.
    He's superboy.. that's baked in.I don't think people will care.. Supersons on the other hand need superfathers for tension and other things
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Attachment 139495

Jon's cameo in Outsiders #7
    Capes? Shouldn't Jon and Kara be wearing jackets?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Connor should be way past teen years, especially with everyone who is in. Jon's gen being 15-20(Wallace, Damian, Yara, red arrow, yara etc)
    You said Yara twice - and she's 21! That's about the same age as the Young Justice gang - though Jon's backstory doesn't make a lot of sense nowadays as he should be born after Conner's debut based on the fact the Lois and Clark wedding was after that point. Character ages are borked and it'll take a reboot to fix.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Capes? Shouldn't Jon and Kara be wearing jackets?

You said Yara twice - and she's 21! That's about the same age as the Young Justice gang - though Jon's backstory doesn't make a lot of sense nowadays as he should be born after Conner's debut based on the fact the Lois and Clark wedding was after that point. Character ages are borked and it'll take a reboot to fix.
    Yeah but aging Conner down to 18 is not the way to go, he's in a good spot in action comics of being vaguely in his 20s. Btw what is Kong's age?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Yeah but aging Conner down to 18 is not the way to go, he's in a good spot in action comics of being vaguely in his 20s. Btw what is Kong's age?
    Around the same, I would say. However Kenan have the advantage of a very different background and origins to be considered to overlap to Kon. And with Kon himself seems like the writers want to explore his other powers in House of Brainiac.
    Also, the abscense of Jon from the main Superman story of the year should be considered a motive to be worried about him?.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Around the same, I would say. However Kenan have the advantage of a very different background and origins to be considered to overlap to Kon. And with Kon himself seems like the writers want to explore his other powers in House of Brainiac.
    Also, the abscense of Jon from the main Superman story of the year should be considered a motive to be worried about him?.
    I’d thought he’d be more involved with Dreamer’s ongoing story about being forced into her Suicide Squad.
    But I guess not.

I thought this thread was about appreciating the 10 year old version of the character. Why are we discussing the Jon Kent that is Superman? I feel like we need two different threads, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I thought this thread was about appreciating the 10 year old version of the character. Why are we discussing the Jon Kent that is Superman? I feel like we need two different threads, what do you guys think?
    There's nothing to indicate that this thread is only for him as a 10-year-old. Like it or not, they are the same character in terms of canon/continuity, even if they aren't written the same or feel the same. Probably no one will stop you if you want to make a thread just for one version of the character, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    There's nothing to indicate that this thread is only for him as a 10-year-old. Like it or not, they are the same character in terms of canon/continuity, even if they aren't written the same or feel the same. Probably no one will stop you if you want to make a thread just for one version of the character, though.
    Well, the thread title is Jon Kent:Superboy and leaves out him being Superman. That’s kinda confusing. I thought it’d just be talking about the good old days TM.

I think Jon needs a full rebrand even his outfit is basic

What do you think of Supercorgi? Seriously - Circe turned him and Damian into dogs in today's Wonder Woman backup story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman