Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3158
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Man On the Under Ground Wheel Foot?
    Haha good one. You know that Ministry movie with the ungentlemanly guys

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Haha good one. You know that Ministry movie with the ungentlemanly guys
    OK. I did not realize that had come out.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    OK. I did not realize that had come out.
    Yeah guess it didn't have the strongest marketing. Just watched it on demand.

Two Faces of January - Terrible, really regret watching this one. A waste of time. Yes, Viggo Mortensen and Oscar Isaac were great but the story was bogus and pretty much zero tension.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
    - Liked it way more than the first one (which I thought was crap), now I'm confident that Gunn will make a super-likable Superman. And it's funny how the final battle in this movie is literally 2 characters with God-like powers pummeling each other. And the emotional Yondu scene, possibly the most emotional moment in all of MCU....which is strange considering he's not even a likable character, I think the actor just did a great job there.

Evil of Dracula - 70s Japanese horror movie about a teacher who starts working at a school where some of the school faculty are vampires, pretty lame but fun to watch.
    Last edited by LifeIsILL; 05-18-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

We watched, "I saw the TV Glow" this week- abysmal. It started off okay, and I like Justice Smith, but my God... one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Unfrosted. I have seen it didn't appeal to some. I liked the humor and all the 60s references.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Madame Web
    Grade: D+
    Netflix
    MadameWeb.jpg

I watched this when it showed up on Netflix. I didn't find the plot overly engaging, YMMV, about Ezekiel trying to precog the trio of late teen girls and murder them before they allegedly kill him 10 years in the future. Cassie feeling the need/urgency to instantly become their protector when her character point has been established how anti-social she is. I tried to work it out as a sense of her professionalism as a medic, she saves people. I sensed no chemistry among any of the actors in the film. I suspect that Cassie and Ben Parker were supposed to give off those vibes as long time co-workers but that did not resonate for me. I'm taking there must have been some type of legal restriction for them in using the names May and Peter? The quick trip to Peru felt very rushed, did not feel organic and broke up the flow of the film(which was already weak). The trio of girls was just bad. It felt like a banquet hall with pre-assigned seats for a common function. You don't know anyone at your table but are trying to be polite and make small talk. That is how every scene with them felt. The 4 Diner scene of dancing on the table for the athletes......come one now.

It is rare that I end up watching a film that was crapped on by critics, hit with low aggregate scores etc etc and find out this was legit. Not an online hate fest.
    It really is a poor movie with poor acting from a poor screenplay. The action sequences are pretty decent is about it really.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

IF---This was a great movie that pretty much hit on all the right notes. Kids loved it and the smattering of adults in the theater appeared to like it too. Some good humor and some heartfelt moments. I give it two thumbs up or an 8 on a 1-10 scale...

Lizards vs Apes 2---It was ok I guess. Ok Action. Meh Story...I give it a 6.

Extraordinary Member

Avengers Infinity War-Forgot how good this movie was. Maybe underappreciated at the time.

DC Crisis pt 1-Another depressing entry into the dc animated library. What a downwer.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The 4 Diner scene of dancing on the table for the athletes......come one now.
    Yep. Thats, for me, the most cringy scene in a movie. So WTF and random. Its like someone realized Sydney Sweeney was popular and dictated that they needed her to dance on a table for a minute. But at the same time, whether intentionally or accidentally, its something I could see a Gen Z doing. Felt consistent for them.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-21-2024 at 08:55 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Batman

The Alamo Drafthouse here in Los Angeles is having some kind of festival of films released in 1989 and Batman just happened to be one of them I just happened to come across on the web it was being shown, it's still the best Batman aside from Nolan's trilogy out there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Batman

The Alamo Drafthouse here in Los Angeles is having some kind of festival of films released in 1989 and Batman just happened to be one of them I just happened to come across on the web it was being shown, it's still the best Batman aside from Nolan's trilogy out there.
    While Nolan is good, the 1989 Batman is still the best. Nolan is better in terms of realism and Tim Burton is better at giving you the feeling that it is really a comic book character that you watch. And that without it being silly.

And the Soundtrack and athmotsphere of the movie including the best looking Gotham City really does it for me.

Dune Part 2. I disliked the first film, I thoroughly disliked this one. Just watched thinking why are they doing this? Why are they doing that?! What are they changing the book so much?

Invincible Member

Bicycle Thieves ( 1948 ) directed by Vittorio De Sica. Post WW2 Italy a poor father finally gotten a job putting up posters around Rome. One day his bicycle is stolen and without it he has no job. His family is barely able to survive as it is, so he's desperate to get his bicycle back. The movie follows him and his young son as they search around town and run into various characters and situations.

I thought it was very moving. Nicely shot and very engaging. I was a little surprised to learn that when it was initially released abroad some Italian critics didn't like it.

Invincible Member

Car Crash Desert Lady: The Origin ( 2024 ) directed by George Miller. Starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Burke and Lachey Hulme. It's the backstory to the Furiosa character played by Charlize Theron in Fury Road. Here young Furiosa is portrayed by Taylor Joy. Without giving too much away, we see her as a child being captured and traded by future world warlords, trained and betrayed by various characters and we learn how he becomes the person she is in the earlier film.

I liked it a lot. It's hard for me to imagine someone who liked Fury Road not liking this. Joy was fine, but Hemsworth did a great if borderline campy job as Dementus, leader of the Biker Gang. The real star or course is Miller's direction and the desert chases and stunts. I originally wasn't going to see it this soon, but I'm glad I did. And in Dolby no less!