Page 131 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2289

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I love that 30 years later, we finally have Jean flying along side Storm and Rogue
    Yea and Magneto could just swallow the trio with shear glimpse. Such a good reunion for green skirt wearing Jean. Didn't like her and storm reunion on blackird. Like she should be worried about more for herself against Sinister and bastion than storm fighting a bunch of Sentinels. Almost a rehash of HoX/PoX.
    Last edited by Keno; 05-16-2024 at 08:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

even when she wasnt on the field she was pathetic. Like using Cerebro, getting a migraine as she screamed and fainted
    I mean that was more so because the Phoenix was giving Jean a vision of Genosha's massacre not because she was over exerting herself. In fact I found Jean to be strongly written especially sense she wasn't one of the main focuses this season. They allowed her to be bad ass, competent, show her empathy, highlight her relationship with Scott as well as defining her relationship with Nathan. Like this was a good showing for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean that was more so because the Phoenix was giving Jean a vision of Genosha's massacre not because she was over exerting herself. In fact I found Jean to be strongly written especially sense she wasn't one of the main focuses this season. They allowed her to be bad ass, competent, show her empathy, highlight her relationship with Scott as well as defining her relationship with Nathan. Like this was a good showing for Jean.
    we were discussing the original series

Now that the first season of X-Men '97 is over, which is people's preferred version of animated Jean: X-Men (TAS), X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, or X-Men '97?

For the longest time Evo Jean was my favorite because of how strong and confident she was. But '97 has surpassed that, because it took that part of Evo Jean and combined it with the more comic accurate storylines of the TAS version. '97 Jean most resembles how I think Jean would be, and Jennifer Hale's voice feels like the perfect fit (I know she's voiced her in other animated adaptations and video games already).

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Now that the first season of X-Men '97 is over, which is people's preferred version of animated Jean: X-Men (TAS), X-Men: Evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, or X-Men '97?

For the longest time Evo Jean was my favorite because of how strong and confident she was. But '97 has surpassed that, because it took that part of Evo Jean and combined it with the more comic accurate storylines of the TAS version. '97 Jean most resembles how I think Jean would be, and Jennifer Hale's voice feels like the perfect fit (I know she's voiced her in other animated adaptations and video games already).
    I have watched it original voice, plus dubbed in Portuguese (Br), Spanish and French. I grew up with Portuguese (Br) version and it is the same actress who dubbed her on TAS and the movies.
    I think her acting worked best on XMen 97, the actress said herself that at the time of the movies she felt Famke was too mature for her voice.
    If I am not misten, she is the sole one to come back (many of the movie voices were done by the same actors from TAS).
    Rogue had two actresses during TAS, the last one (also did the movies) auditioned for xMen 97 but she was rejected by Marvel Brazil.
    Wolverine TAS actor passed away 2 years ago.

XMen 97 Jean is now placed first and Evolution second for me.
    Last edited by AlexMS; 05-17-2024 at 07:43 AM.

So much has happened lately, and I'm late to the game due to life getting in the way. I will start with Jean in X-men 97. The show has been fantastic. I loved the last two issues so much. Jean had a great moment with her confrontation of Sinister. At first I really wanted to know when Jean and Maddie were switched. But I agree that it doesn't matter. I just couldn't take them taking Jean out of the Phoenix Sagas again when the OG cartoon didn't go the retcon route (other than with possession). Jean is fierce in X-men 97 and it was great seeing the actual 90s Jean Grey in animated form. All the other characters were also great. Her Phoenix moment was awesome - we all saw it coming with the frequent reminders of the Phoenix.

X-men Forever 4 did the job it was supposed to do. There are times I found the story a little too convoluted for my taking but I liked that Jean is getting this bizarre Phoenix story. I don't always follow the plan Rachel and the others had to resurrect Jean/Phoenix - despite the fact that I've always loved Sci-Fi but it made my head hurt at times. However, I take a lot of my concerns back because they finally revealed Hope's origin with the Phoenix and they put Jean back in that story - most of us knew she was there but a lot of funs still denied Jean's role in Hope's story or AvX (despite cameos).

I love Jean and Phoenix being described as a circle (something without a beginning or end), and how they inform each other. I like that Hope was born out of the Phoenix and Jean's love (as well as her bio mom). I look forward to Jean's fight with Enigma. Let's see what they pull off in one last issue!

All of this has me more excited for the Phoenix solo - Jean's getting back her mutant name and we will finally see her fulfill her destiny as Phoenix. While I will miss both Jean and Storm being X-men and being on teams - I will cherish them having big solo adventures and seeing Jean in a cosmic role.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Posted this in the X-Men Forever #4 thread and just posting it here too...

This issue helps to explain why the Cosmic Construction Worker manifestation of Death told Jean that in some ways she comes from the Phoenix and the Phoenix comes from her and the Phoenix telling her its form, consciousness, and ability to communicate on this plane derive from her...

because Jean was there and a key ingredient when the Phoenix was made. Her White Hot Room self with her mind/memories/soul/consciousness was laid on the pyre (that Rachel imbued with impressions from multiple universes from the M'Kraan Crystal via Prodigy) and Hope lit the flame with Jean's fire (that she got in Jean Grey #4/Immortal X-Men #17). Jean's double death makes her burn and see everything from above time and space. She goes back in time and creates Hope using the Phoenix fire and her (Jean's) love. She is the Phoenix who creates/sends Hope to bring back the mutants at the end of AvX and to help create the Phoenix (along with Jean and Rachel in this current story). When Hope kills the Phoenix she is also killed and releases the final spark of the Phoenix to be reborn.

The Phoenix refers to Jean as mother-me, because Jean is the mother of the Phoenix and also the Phoenix itself. Rachel (who was likely created the same way Jean created Hope per Claremont's original idea) and Hope are the Phoenix and the daughters of the Phoenix. Rachel said that the fire comes with her psychic territory naturally in Dead X-Men.

They thought they were recreating the Phoenix but the re-creation/creation is the same time since they are outside/beyond time and space. Here is where the Phoenix begins and ends and the point it reaches throughout time and space.

I've seen some fans elsewhere trying to minimize Jean's role in all this, but Rachel did say they needed Jean for it to work. Mother Righteous learned about Jean from a Phoenix Egg and said Jean is of the Phoenix in a real and unbreakable way and she and it guide each other in a circle without end. Enigma described the Phoenix as the part of Jean that eats stars and dominions.

From by understanding Jean, Rachel, and Hope are all Phoenixes, but Jean is Mother and they are Daughters. Gillen (and Foxe with Dead X-Men) have resolved the labyrinthine Phoenix mythos without taking away from either of the three, imho.

Now we understand why Death said that the Phoenix would always come to Jean and her children.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I'm waiting for Scott's visions to come true and for Jean to save him from the edge of death in FotHoX 5.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

Also going with '97 Jean. She feels most like the original character although I'd like to see more of her fiery temper (which ironically enough even the original show gave us when she's squabbling with Remy over the Christmas feast). Evolution Jean is the other best. And Jennifer Hale voicing her probably helps because I've always considered Jennifer to be the definitive Jean voice.

BANNED

Nice, I like that it includes all the classic characters.

Is that Havok between Xavier and Magneto?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I'm waiting for Scott's visions to come true and for Jean to save him from the edge of death in FotHoX 5.
    Im just ready for them to finally reunite. They haven been in the same physical space since last July. Im gonna assume Duggan is going to be the one to write that and he supports them so Im looking forward to it

Im just ready for them to finally reunite. They haven been in the same physical space since last July. Im gonna assume Duggan is going to be the one to write that and he supports them so Im looking forward to it
    They had one telepathic sex though. The cover of UXM 700 suggests that they'll be reunited but I've been fooled by cover before...

Also I'm hoping for a better Jott representation in the new era because it's really been more than two decades since they've been a functional couple.