Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    The offered to cut him in for his share. He refused out of pride. He had divested from the company before it got big.

It's important. He never had to sell meth. (I do find I lost sympathy for him just a few episodes in, while most people seem not to have for a while.)
    This is exactly why stopped watching the show. Walt isn't a sympathetic character at all and was pretty horrible. I just couldn't care about following him.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    In the novel, didn't Troutman kill Rambo?
    Yes, and I think the body count is also higher (I haven't read the novel though). It's also an alternate movie ending, although it kind of looks more like Rambo helps Trautman do it and it looks kind of awkward. The film would have also had more flashbacks apart from the brief one where he recalls the torture.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This is exactly why stopped watching the show. Walt isn't a sympathetic character at all and was pretty horrible. I just couldn't care about following him.
    Jessie comes across as way more sympathetic and more or less one of the victim/semi-hero of the show, although his actions also result in a lot of ruin.

The show was called Breaking Bad. That was the point, Walt made the Bad Decision every time he had a choice. But Cranston was so wonderful in the part and the writing was so damn good, you wanted to follow him, but you didn't root for him. And yes, Jesse was more sympathetic. And Paul nailed the character as well.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Walt was a terrible guy.

He straight up killed those drug dealers in the very first episode.

That was kind of a hint as to what kind of person he was (even though he was in a tough situation).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Any of the Aliens movies. Which is something that recently occurred to me.

The Harry Potter movies. Which I have no interest in.

A lot of "classic" films like Casablanca.

I think I've only seen the third Terminator movie all the way through.

Batman Returns. Which is the only Batman movie I haven't seen.

I've only seen the second Predator movie.

Scarface.

Madame Web (that one was by choice)

Any of the Andrew Garfield Spiderman movies.
    Assassinate Putin!

I've never seen Citizen Kane all the way through. Whenever it's on Turner Classic Movies, I try to watch and get bored after about 10 minutes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I have seen a lot of movies.

Recent films that are on my list that I just haven't seen yet would be War of the Planet of the Apes, Toni Erdmann, Del Toro's Pinocchio, Turning Red, To Leslie, King Richard, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, If Beale Street Could Talk, Lion and Hell or High Water.

I'm quite familiar with some of the big mostly foreign-language directors (Godard, Bergman, Kurosawa, Fellini, Bong Joon Ho, Wong Kar Wai, Tarkovsky, Fasbinder, Herzog, Dreyer) but there are a few that I'm not as well-versed in. I haven't seen many films by Chantal Akerman, Bresson, Von Trier, Varda, Truffaut, Ozu, Ophuls or Haneke. I'm not sure I've seen any films by Weerasethakul or Tati.

Looking at a list of film movements, some film movements I've barely seen anything from would include the Taiwanese new wave, Dogme 95, Cinema Du Look, Cinema Novo or Free Cinema.

British films in the 50s-80s is another gap. I first saw Kes a month ago and that's the only Ken Loach film I've seen.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I've never seen Citizen Kane all the way through. Whenever it's on Turner Classic Movies, I try to watch and get bored after about 10 minutes.
    Sometimes it's a bit of an acquired taste.

What's perhaps more fascinating is the story around the film (Which is basically a thinly veiled satire of William Randolph Hearst) and how the backlash shaped Orson's career afterward.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That and 2001 are a bit of slog. I watched it all the way through but don't remember half of it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That and 2001 are a bit of slog. I watched it all the way through but don't remember half of it.
    Citizen Kane, sure.

2001, I can see frustrating people used to the pacing and editing of movies in the last 25-30 years. But I wouldn't call it a slog . . . other than the 15 minute light show toward the end (but those kinds of effects were brand new at the time and people probably could have oohed and ahed at that at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Sometimes it's a bit of an acquired taste.

What's perhaps more fascinating is the story around the film (Which is basically a thinly veiled satire of William Randolph Hearst) and how the backlash shaped Orson's career afterward.
    Funny thing. I've enjoyed parodies and homages of Citizen Kane more than the original.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Funny thing. I've enjoyed parodies and homages of Citizen Kane more than the original.
    Since you put it that way...

You up to speed on Velvet Goldmine?

2001's sequel 2010 is paced entirely differently, has a ton of dialogue as opposed to the original being fairly quiet etc.

2001 is my favorite movie. I've seen it over a dozen times. Never bored. First saw it in Cinerama in 1968. I will say this. It was made to be seen in the theater and I can see why it doesn't engage people as much on a home screen.
    Citizen Kane deserves it's place as one of the greatest films ever made.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!