Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast

Executive producer Brad Winderbaum, who also oversees all of Marvel Animation:

Was there any aspect of the show that you were anxious or nervous about how it might be received?

Yeah, the death of Gambit was something that kept us all up at night. Once we made the decision to do it, we knew it would be devastating. We knew it was on us to have to earn it, in the writing, in the directing, in the long setup of four episodes before it aired. You know, I don’t think there was a screening of that episode that didn’t bring me to tears watching it. So we were waiting with bated breath about what would happen when we when unleashed it on the culture.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/x-m...236008448/amp/

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I wanted to say I really like the mentions from Fabian about certain characters in The Cable Mi I series. Like Black Womb and courier. Referencing the awesomw Gambit ongoing by Fab
    X-Men Forever

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Executive producer Brad Winderbaum, who also oversees all of Marvel Animation:

Was there any aspect of the show that you were anxious or nervous about how it might be received?

Yeah, the death of Gambit was something that kept us all up at night. Once we made the decision to do it, we knew it would be devastating. We knew it was on us to have to earn it, in the writing, in the directing, in the long setup of four episodes before it aired. You know, I don’t think there was a screening of that episode that didn’t bring me to tears watching it. So we were waiting with bated breath about what would happen when we when unleashed it on the culture.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/x-m...236008448/amp/
    I mean this more confirms it was Man of Steel writing.. they started with his death then penciled in his story for episode 1-4. That's why he's so light I'm those episodes.

Mighty Member

Gambit just needs to be turned into Deathbit, confirm the brain removal by Sinister. Rebirth in tact and become New Sun who ends up surpassing Apocolyse in power and solo diff Apoc. If Gambit becomes just one of the Horsemen but not the Horsemen then it's gonna be a waste

This Gambit/Death theory was posted on Apr 22...he was spot on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV72i7Wc-Lk

I mean we all knew the Horseman theory was a popular one, but he breaks it down well here. He also predicts what would happen to him in season 2 (New Sun, being able to touch Rogue etc).

Personally this is a great way to introduce his omega level powers, otherwise why would Apocalypse choose him?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    This Gambit/Death theory was posted on Apr 22...he was spot on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV72i7Wc-Lk

I mean we all knew the Horseman theory was a popular one, but he breaks it down well here. He also predicts what would happen to him in season 2 (New Sun, being able to touch Rogue etc).

Personally this is a great way to introduce his omega level powers, otherwise why would Apocalypse choose him?
    Apocalypse absolutely saw how potentially powerful Gambit could be, just by destroying the Godzilla Sentinel, so I'm sure he plans on exploiting that. New Sun is definitely a direction they could go with that
    Make Good Art

Do you think Gambit/Death should have scars?
    His body was severely damaged in episode five

Personally, I think he should have scars for two reasons:
    1) We will know for sure that it is him, and not a clone, skrull, etc.
    2) A good visual metaphor for his condition

The scars, of course, should not be ugly, but cool and brutal, like those on anime characters

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

At least where the Sentinel stabbed him, just as a visual reminder of his sacrifice.

I could also see him having a mohawk as a horseman to distinguish himself more from his old look. I don't necessarily want that, but I could see it, based on how he looked when he died.
    Make Good Art

Gambit corps had no ear so Deathbit should be ressurected healed and without scars or we will get Zombie Gambit instead

I think that Marvel heroes game got Deathbit fine.

Aslo I hope that Gambit can corrupt and create minions from them like in Hellbound.

Last edited by Purplevit; 05-20-2024 at 11:52 AM.

I was looking at the Motendo ep and he had dark blue skin, and I think pink hair? (but could be the lighting).

I want him Gothed-up, the comic design didn't look slick enough for me, I'm assuming Amelia Vidal will design him (she probably already did). She loves drawing sexy Gambit, so...

White suit from ep 5 is now iconic so Death should be cool too.

We had also a small glimpse in All-New X-Factor with redesign but I doubt that someone remembers it.
    ANXF ended up a dissapointement.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Do you think Gambit/Death should have scars?
    His body was severely damaged in episode five

Personally, I think he should have scars for two reasons:
    1) We will know for sure that it is him, and not a clone, skrull, etc.
    2) A good visual metaphor for his condition

The scars, of course, should not be ugly, but cool and brutal, like those on anime characters
    https://i.imgur.com/9MXWyso.jpeg
    OMG! Anime Characters with scars are so brutally COOL (XD)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I want him Gothed-up, the comic design didn't look slick enough for me, I'm assuming Amelia Vidal will design him (she probably already did). She loves drawing sexy Gambit, so...
    The BDSM bondage outfit and the long white hair with a whole lotta split ends was not it.

Here’s hoping he’s menacing, dark & slutty— er, sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Here’s hoping he’s menacing, dark & slutty— er, sexy.
    Yeah, I think Deathbit should look sexy as hell. Something like Viego from League of Legends (but less anime-like)
    Last edited by staptik777; 05-20-2024 at 07:53 PM.

Mighty Member

Hear me out