Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Amazing Member

Comments like these do so very little to sell me on this move being a good thing from the fandom side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Stormcaster was made for Storm so she can be the goddess of thunder. Granted that was back when she was powerless but it'd be fun to revisit this story again. Everything goes back to the status quo anyway.
    And I ask again, what does she need it for? What does it add to her character that she does not already have?
    Last edited by Sunny; 05-18-2024 at 10:54 AM.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Stormcaster was made for Storm so she can be the goddess of thunder. Granted that was back when she was powerless but it'd be fun to revisit this story again. Everything goes back to the status quo anyway.
    They have already revisited that story...several times, most, if not all of it not good. And that wasn't a status quo...that was just a Claremont plot that ran its course.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They have already revisited that story...several times, most, if not all of it not good. And that wasn't a status quo...that was just a Claremont plot that ran its course.
    Oh really? Going to have to look for this story.

To be clear...when I say revisted...I actually mean referenced. The most recent being her appearance in Lord Ewing's Thor #5.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To be clear...when I say revisted...I actually mean referenced. The most recent being her appearance in Lord Ewing's Thor #5.
    Yes and it was established there that Storm doesn't need the hammer to call down lightning... but it does amp her physically.

I know this is a pipe dream but I'd like to see them try to write Storm without lighting for the run. Show more pressure attacks offensive and defensive, extreme cold or go absolute zero, electromagnetism, direct heat manipulation, direct water manipulation etc. leave the thunder to Thor.

Yes. I hope MacKay gets a bit more creative with her power displays. Although that might be not as often as she is part of a very powerful ensemble cast so the feats might be heavily dependent on the foes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Yes and it was established there that Storm doesn't need the hammer to call down lightning... but it does amp her physically.
    There you go. Give her the hammer for those avenger level does.

There you go. Give her the hammer for those avenger level does.
    If that's what you want I'm not gonna try to change your opinion but a simple electromagnetic or pressure field shield would do the trick... Wanda does just fine without invulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I know this is a pipe dream but I'd like to see them try to write Storm without lighting for the run. Show more pressure attacks offensive and defensive, extreme cold or go absolute zero, electromagnetism, direct heat manipulation, direct water manipulation etc. leave the thunder to Thor.
    I don't wanna step on Wind Dancer's toes, but I'd love to see more of her aerokinesis. Like has she ever made razor-sharp bursts of wind to cut things?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Guggenheim’s X-Men Gold had Storm summon the hammer. It’s not a very good book, but if that’s something that interests you that’s where you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Give her the hammer for what? What would she need it for????
    Agreed! No need for a hammer (never again please!).

So Excited for this. I think this will be an interesting line up and I think the timing could be interesting (but of course that really depends on how things end with Fall of X). Looking forward to hearing more and m very happy that Marvel is really trying to push her. I also want them to wrap up or at least keep a finger on the pulse on her other big roles in the MU that are too big to not have part of her current story (her role as Voice of Sol & her role on the GR & assuming her solo will include both X-Men and Avengers).

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What did she actually do as “voice of sol”?
    Spoke up for its defense
    GrindrStone(D)