Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Re-Launch the Justice League franchise

You're given the keys to the kingdom and are tasked with re-launching the Justice League franchise with multiple JL titles.

What are the titles? The Teams? How do they differentiate?

I feel like we just did this:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Justice-League
    My answer's there.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My answer's there.
    That was just 1 title. THis is expanding it to multiple JL titles

I'm over the Justice League personally and I think Titans should be the mainline DC team book. Justice League should just be an anthology comic with 1-2 issue storylines each month featuring a variety of different characters. Like a DC showcase. As a team, I honestly don't care about them anymore, even though I love the characters.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

I think just two would do. Something similar to the Morrison-era and the BWA HA HA era. I could be wrong, but those seemed to be the most popular/successful iterations of the team/book post-Crisis. Plus, you'd get the best of both worlds and most of the most popular members the team has ever had.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

My pitch that I have been gestating for a while has quite simply been: Kyle Rayner leads the new Justice League.

He used to be the rookie but he has been through shit now that he can lead the team so the build it around him: add in some of his friends (Wally West), some characters he hasn't interacted with (Cyborg), some old guards (Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man), the current rookies (Hawkgirl), characters who could challenge his leadership (Captain Atom or Green Arrow) then pick a character from each major team to be a part of the new JLA: JSA (either android Hourman, Atom Smasher, Obsidian or Jade), Legion (Starman/Thom Kallor), Doom Patrol (Joshua Clay, Arani Desai), Titans (Aqualad/Garth), Suicide Squad (Nightshade). Then add in the magical heavy weight (either Zatanna or Raven*), an obscure character whose been part of the JLA before (Faith) and an obscure character who has never been a part of the JL but would fit (Stryker Z),

*I'm torn. On one had, I like Zatanna better on the main League than on JLD on the other hand, I think Raven could use the lime light of being on the JLA since she has never been on the team before and build up some new relationships. Maybe we could have both characters on the team?

I would also split the team in two; one half of the team could be out in another solar system fighting an incoming threat while the other half could be earth bound dealing with an earthly threat. Or while one half of the team is busy dealing with a magical threat, the other half is busy dealing with a sci fi threat. Or maybe whilst one half of the team is engaging in an espionage plot the other half is busy dealing with sitcom hijinks.

Since the JLA has started to feel like an extension of the Superman mythos (with Lex Luthor being a major villain for both Superman and the League), I would try to focus on villains who are unique to the League as much as possible and build them up as credible threats: Amos Fortune, Lord of Time, Royal Flush Gang, Dr T O Morow, the Demons Three, etc.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Maybe do an X-Men Blue and Gold deal.

Diana would lead one team; Flash, Green Lantern, and J’onn would be there.

Superman and Batman would co-lead the other team; Aquaman and Cyborg would be there.

That means 3-4 fresh faces could be added to each team to round them out giving some deserving characters their time to shine.

Junk the idea of a ongoing JL book. Make it a series of limited series stories with different casts and creators, often tying in with the event of the month. As for a team structure, it should be the greatest heroes assembling (can DC heroes assemble?) to battle threats no single hero can. I like the jump the cast of the post Crisis Justice League took with a variety of heroes from various corners of the DC Universe. Beetle, Shazam, Fate, and Mr. Miracle all were from different worlds and represented the width of the DCU at the time. Keep in mind, I'm talking characters only and not the Super-Buddies tone.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I always liked the idea of giving the Justice League Members their teams similar to the No Justice arc where Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash each led their team with different themes with Superman helming an alien/space-themed team, Batman with a morally ambiguous team (minus Beast boy who is a hero), Wonder Woman with mystics and Flash with metas.

Like I said in the other thread:

I want a team that's similar to what they did on the JLU cartoon. A massive team to pull from for specific threats:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lanterns (Hal/John/Jessica/Guy/Kyle/Baz all rotating)
    Flash (Barry)
    Aquaman
    Mera
    Martian Manhunter
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Atom (Ray)
    Hawkgirl
    Zatanna
    Firestorm
    Firehawk
    Vixen
    Dr. Light (Kimiyo)
    Metamorpho
    Black Lightning
    Batwoman
    Booster Gold
    Blue Beetle (Ted)
    The Question (Vic)
    Captain Atom
    Elongated Man
    Creeper
    Rocket Red
    Fire
    Ice
    Mr Miracle
    Big Barda
    Captain Comet
    Element Woman
    Tasmanian Devil
    Red Tornado

They'd have the satellite HQ and the Hall of Justice. I'd also bring back the annual JLA/JSA team ups. Each story could have a handful of the heavy hitters with their own titles and a larger number of other members that don't have their own titles. This would keep it way more interesting than we've seen a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    My answer's there.
    We did. The mods need to merge these threads.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Outside of a huge lineup like the JLU animated show which will always be my first choice I would go for a non-Big 7 team. I just think the whole Big 7 concept is tired as hell at this point. Some sure, but not all of them.

Wonder Woman
    Captain Atom
    Flash
    Green Lantern (Hal or Jessica rotating)
    Black Canary
    Green Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Metamorpho

At the same time the Martian Manhunter would be working with some of the younger heroes in a new Justice League Task Force book

Firestorm
    Vibe
    Skyrocket
    Ray
    Red Arrow
    Bulleteer
    Amethyst

I'm sticking with what I said in the other thread. Batman and Superman would show up now and then, but not alot. They have too much going on in their own books. Aquaman is also too busy.

Incredible Member

I actually like what they are doing, as far as putting the Titans up front and center. Still, I do want a Justice League book, so, maybe we could have a book featuring the classic JLA? Kind of like a TALES OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE series, where we could have a rotation of classic-style JL team-ups, starting with the JLA, the the JLE, the JLI, the JLT, YJ, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I actually like what they are doing, as far as putting the Titans up front and center. Still, I do want a Justice League book, so, maybe we could have a book featuring the classic JLA? Kind of like a TALES OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE series, where we could have a rotation of classic-style JL team-ups, starting with the JLA, the the JLE, the JLI, the JLT, YJ, etc.
    ^^^This makes me want a JLA (Year One line up) book from Waid and Mora.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    My pitch that I have been gestating for a while has quite simply been: Kyle Rayner leads the new Justice League.

He used to be the rookie but he has been through shit now that he can lead the team so the build it around him: add in some of his friends (Wally West), some characters he hasn't interacted with (Cyborg), some old guards (Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man), the current rookies (Hawkgirl), characters who could challenge his leadership (Captain Atom or Green Arrow) then pick a character from each major team to be a part of the new JLA: JSA (either android Hourman, Atom Smasher, Obsidian or Jade), Legion (Starman/Thom Kallor), Doom Patrol (Joshua Clay, Arani Desai), Titans (Aqualad/Garth), Suicide Squad (Nightshade). Then add in the magical heavy weight (either Zatanna or Raven*), an obscure character whose been part of the JLA before (Faith) and an obscure character who has never been a part of the JL but would fit (Stryker Z),

*I'm torn. On one had, I like Zatanna better on the main League than on JLD on the other hand, I think Raven could use the lime light of being on the JLA since she has never been on the team before and build up some new relationships. Maybe we could have both characters on the team?

I would also split the team in two; one half of the team could be out in another solar system fighting an incoming threat while the other half could be earth bound dealing with an earthly threat. Or while one half of the team is busy dealing with a magical threat, the other half is busy dealing with a sci fi threat. Or maybe whilst one half of the team is engaging in an espionage plot the other half is busy dealing with sitcom hijinks.

Since the JLA has started to feel like an extension of the Superman mythos (with Lex Luthor being a major villain for both Superman and the League), I would try to focus on villains who are unique to the League as much as possible and build them up as credible threats: Amos Fortune, Lord of Time, Royal Flush Gang, Dr T O Morow, the Demons Three, etc.
    I really like this idea!!
    I'm not sure it would last without any Bat or S symbol characters attached to it, but I'd buy the shit outta it!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.