Page 158 of 202 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Another reason I disregard 21st century X-Men outside of a few select things.

Posting this here because it's such a definitive Scott issue and clearly needs more exposure outside of the Spidey thread I posted it in. This is actually one of my favorite Cyclops issues, deep-diving into his time at the orphanage with Nathan.
    Another panel that solidifies Scott's status as Jean's true love

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Scott is a good brother, a good husband, a good dad and a great leader.
    Summers Drama, summarized:

Neurotic and highly-stressed Scott tries his best to be a good boyfriend/husband/father/grandfather/brother/son despite everything on his plate

His family: Scott Summers is a jerk!

If Spidey has the Parker Luck, should Scott be getting a similar curse?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Another panel that solidifies Scott's status as Jean's true love

Compared to the other most iconic MU couple that isn't Reed/Sue, Peter/MJ, it's interesting how both MJ and Jean discover their love interests before physically meeting. MJ learns Peter is Spider-Man from watching him through her window. Jean's mind senses Scott's across the country when he's at his most lost and alone.

In fact, I've often believed that Xavier only learned of Scott's existence because of Jean sensing him first. So we can even thank Xavier finding and saving Scott, and granting him X-Men membership, because of Jean. Even in the What If? story Claremont penned where Xavier and Magneto both form the X-Men, Jean never gets found by Xavier at first so she's in her coma for years. And in this reality, Scott and Alex were both working for Sinister as a result because Xavier never found them, presumably as Jean was not awake to sense Scott's existence and inform Xavier about him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Scott in the Silver Age was characterized as such. It's even a trope sometimes referred to as "The Awesome and Terrible Power of Cyclops" because pretty much every issue had him brooding over how he was doomed to remain isolated and alone because of his power.

BANNED

Never let Neal Adams write a comic book.
    I didn't realize Neal Adams wrote that. But you do know that the Neal Adams X-Men is considered one of the all-time classic X-Men runs? The one that proved X-Men sales were not as low as made out to be, thus ensuring the book was not cancelled for good. Also what was CC's first exposure to the X-Men and what inspired his own legendary run.

Compared to the other most iconic MU couple that isn't Reed/Sue, Peter/MJ, it's interesting how both MJ and Jean discover their love interests before physically meeting. MJ learns Peter is Spider-Man from watching him through her window. Jean's mind senses Scott's across the country when he's at his most lost and alone.

In fact, I've often believed that Xavier only learned of Scott's existence because of Jean sensing him first. So we can even thank Xavier finding and saving Scott, and granting him X-Men membership, because of Jean. Even in the What If? story Claremont penned where Xavier and Magneto both form the X-Men, Jean never gets found by Xavier at first so she's in her coma for years. And in this reality, Scott and Alex were both working for Sinister as a result because Xavier never found them, presumably as Jean was not awake to sense Scott's existence and inform Xavier about him.
    I never cared about Reed and Sue's relationship simply because Reed was never relatable to me. He's too old and too focused on his work for me to relate to. Scott and Jean on the other, when written properly, can be even better than Peter and MJ because they're destined to be with one another. I really don't know how to explain it but I've alway felt that Scott and Jean being together is an act of a higher power. Their love is so necessary that without it, future and past would be entirely different. It's why I couldn't take Jogan or Scemma seriously, they were just obstacles or at best, rebound relationships.

You're right, without Jean, Charles probably would not have found Scott at all.

Summers Drama, summarized:

Neurotic and highly-stressed Scott tries his best to be a good boyfriend/husband/father/grandfather/brother/son despite everything on his plate

His family: Scott Summers is a jerk!

Jean and Nathan are the ones he's the closest to, and they would never call him a jerk

I didn't realize Neal Adams wrote that. But you do know that the Neal Adams X-Men is considered one of the all-time classic X-Men runs? The one that proved X-Men sales were not as low as made out to be, thus ensuring the book was not cancelled for good. Also what was CC's first exposure to the X-Men and what inspired his own legendary run.
    Neal Adams' run was written by Roy Thomas, who is also one of my favorite Cyclops writers of all time. Neal was a great artist, but a good writer he's not.

BANNED

Neal Adams' run was written by Roy Thomas, who is also one of my favorite Cyclops writers of all time. Neal was a great artist, but a good writer he's not.
    I don't think I've ever read any X-Men stuff he actually wrote then. That First X-Men stuff seemed like par for the course from this era when Marvel loved to introduce retcons about the first versions of teams like the Avengers 1959 featuring Sabretooth of all characters. All of it disregarded today.

BANNED

I never cared about Reed and Sue's relationship simply because Reed was never relatable to me. He's too old and too focused on his work for me to relate to. Scott and Jean on the other, when written properly, can be even better than Peter and MJ because they're destined to be with one another. I really don't know how to explain it but I've alway felt that Scott and Jean being together is an act of a higher power. Their love is so necessary that without it, future and past would be entirely different. It's why I couldn't take Jogan or Scemma seriously, they were just obstacles or at best, rebound relationships.

You're right, without Jean, Charles probably would not have found Scott at all.
    I was an FF fan before I was introduced to the X-Men so I always liked Reed. Which may also explain why I like Xavier since Reed was basically copied over as Xavier. I've often said the X-Men were more or less the FF reskinned.

Xavier kept Reed's role as patriarch of the team and big brain genius. Jean was Sue, the female of the team with defensive powers, also loved by everyone on the team who wasn't her blood relation. Bobby was Johnny, the kid of the team, but with the polar opposite powerset. Warren took Johnny's role as the flying character and mascot of the team. Hank was the muscle of the team like Ben and started off as a Thing knockoff with the exact same personality which took a few issues in to develop into the Hank we know today. And Scott's brooding nature and isolation was based off of Ben's appearance. Some of his no-nonsense behavior and work over play personality also came from Reed and thus made him Xavier's model student.

Also you're right about Scott and Jean being predestined by a higher power. The very next Classic X-Men issue after Scott's origin and his first meeting with Jean segues into Classic X-Men 43, Jean's encounter with Death after her suicide on the Moon. Death himself confirms that Scott and Jean's love was fated to save the universe from D'Ken. And Death also brings up how it's all connected, including Jean's mind sensing Scott's and why Scott was orphaned by none other than D'Ken himself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJ.j1n0u View Post
    And Wolverine and Sabretooth are the founders of the X-men. So any retcon, unpublished plan, or new retro-continuity project should not be taken seriously.

Attachment 139601
    wait is this a photo shop?!? when was this? was it ever canon? it looks more like a weapon x team?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Incredible Member

It''s the curse of loving a redhead...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Incredible Member

I don't think I've ever read any X-Men stuff he actually wrote then. That First X-Men stuff seemed like par for the course from this era when Marvel loved to introduce retcons about the first versions of teams like the Avengers 1959 featuring Sabretooth of all characters. All of it disregarded today.
    OMG I missed so much... I hate the "BC Avengers" retcon with phoenix somehow being thors mom too, through a red head mutant that predates Selene and Apoc...

So apparently they’ll ignore the shitty open relationship, at least that’s what I understand from Brevoort’s new newsletter.

They did hate Cyclops. Or at the very least, JDW, Orlando and Percy did. Hickman didn't give a damn about him, and to Duggan he was just a plot device to validate his favorites.

I'm not interested in a villain rising out of the ashes of Orchis. I'm waiting for the next arc of the book more than anything else.
    I can see the reasoning behind the idea that Percy and JDW hated Cyclops, even if I don't agree, but Orlando? Did he even wrote Cyclops?