Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Emperor of Mankind (WH40k) vs Thanos (Marvel Comics)

Fight takes place on a neutral alien world. No prep.

The Emperor of Mankind (at his peak)

vs

Thanos (comics version at his peak, no Infinity Gems)

Who wins?
    Last edited by T-1000; 05-12-2024 at 05:56 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, I'll bite.

What has GEoM got? I vaguely recall business about supernova-level energies being tossed around between him and Horus from one of the books, long ago, but have no idea if that's hyperbole or SMvsFL.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

IIRC he has big psychic power but I don't know how defined it is in current canon. Stuff like doing intergalactic communication, maybe even holding together psychic gateways/trails in space?

None of this matters though, if Thanos can blitz him. But I think the board has also revised the stance that he's a lightspeed guy since I've been most active? So idk how fast he is actually now
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Thanos isn't some superspeed dude anymore, hereabouts.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

But several power-ups ago the guy was effortlessly beating the snot out of a guy who nonchalantly chills in black holes (who admittedly forgot his speed differential), while utterly ignoring said person’s best, way-above-planet-busting, shots.

And since then he’s somehow kept going despite Odin going ballistic in his face.

GEoM has got to be bringing some serious oomph here.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Incredible Member

The Emperor probably doesn't have the strength to take Thanos directly. As I recall, there was one time where the Emperor had to be saved during the Great Crusade by Horus from an Ork. Granted it was a crazy big Ork, but still probably way less than Thanos is used to punting without effort. OTOH, the Emperor has ridiculous reality warping powers.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    The Emperor probably doesn't have the strength to take Thanos directly. As I recall, there was one time where the Emperor had to be saved during the Great Crusade by Horus from an Ork. Granted it was a crazy big Ork, but still probably way less than Thanos is used to punting without effort. OTOH, the Emperor has ridiculous reality warping powers.
    Reality warping is specifically something that Thanos is crazy resistant to.

There’s that whole sequence where he was transformed in about 8 different ways (melted, stretched, turned to crystal and shattered etc.) and just basically said “Nope. I’m Thanos. Deal with it.”
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member

in terms of Psychic powers The Emperor has galactic range telepathy and has mentally dominated 100,000 people at once.

Sounds like Xavier kind of Telepathy. Moondragon at max.

Not really enough.
    Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

emps might be able to hurt thanos but not enough to kill him. best direct combat feat i can recall is his last attack against FUCKIN' horus, where it was so damn strong, even the chaos gods who were directly juicing him fled back to the warp temporarily.

i'd have to looking around for any other physical/psychic feats but i highly doubt he has anything to really change the outcome of this one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Reality warping is specifically something that Thanos is crazy resistant to.

There’s that whole sequence where he was transformed in about 8 different ways (melted, stretched, turned to crystal and shattered etc.) and just basically said “Nope. I’m Thanos. Deal with it.”
    To be fair, that was more of a barrier that Thanos forced his way through than a directed attack. It didn't seem to be causing him harm so much as messing with his sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    To be fair, that was more of a barrier that Thanos forced his way through than a directed attack. It didn't seem to be causing him harm so much as messing with his sanity.
    The areas through which he passed did things like ‘hollow him out and shatter him’.
    Why are we here?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The areas through which he passed did things like ‘hollow him out and shatter him’.
    Yes but he reformed like none of it was real. It seemed like more of a Proteus reality warp, once the effect was over everything went back to normal. I'm sure it hurt Thanos but it wasn't meant to kill him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Same kinda thing happened to mcu Dr strange in MOM it doesn't really mean anything right?