Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    If it makes you feel any better Wanda fans aren't that much better. The only difference is that those kind of fans are not on this particular forum but they do exist plenty. Having a passionate fan base is certainly both a blessing and a curse and it's a shame that you sometimes don't want to interact with your fellow fans because of it.
    Power level fanatics and the worshippers pretty much ruin any discussion.

Its hard to discuss anything about the characters when you have to deal with the types who overtly nitpicky to unimportant shit like the character not being the biggest alpha dog in the room.

Though your mention of the Wanda fanatics makes me imagine how a fight would go between Scarlet Witch and Storm's fandoms would go. Probably would have to bunker down in a bomb shelter and watch through binoculars.

Mighty Member

This make wanna ask does Jim Lee ever draw a variant cover for the Avengers run?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Power level fanatics and the worshippers pretty much ruin any discussion.

Its hard to discuss anything about the characters when you have to deal with the types who overtly nitpicky to unimportant shit like the character not being the biggest alpha dog in the room.

Though your mention of the Wanda fanatics makes me imagine how a fight would go between Scarlet Witch and Storm's fandoms would go. Probably would have to bunker down in a bomb shelter and watch through binoculars.
    All you have to do is go on twitter on any given Tuesday . Thursdays are set aside for Wanda v Jean though.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Having a passionate fan base is certainly both a blessing and a curse and it's a shame that you sometimes don't want to interact with your fellow fans because of it.
    Quoted for truth and because I definitely feel your pain.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So many of those characters not appearing anywhere.
    Not like it has not happened to characters for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Suddenly, the argument if mutants should belong to a universe apart from the rest of the MU comes to mind.

Peace
    I have long felt they should be more prominent...but not saying they should be X-Men mutants. For example why do we not have Justice showing back up with the Avengers for another stint.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Valerio Schiti teases his new assignment on AVENGERS with a T'Challa peek.
    Looking forward to Schiti's take on the team. Hope its a nice long run...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    All you have to do is go on twitter on any given Tuesday . Thursdays are set aside for Wanda v Jean though.
    There's something fitting how the most powerful women in Marvel also have the most fanatical fans.

Its like watching a Dragon Ball argument where people debate over whose stronger Broly or Jiren.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Looking forward to Schiti's take on the team. Hope its a nice long run...

I wonder if we'll eventually also get a crossover with X-Men since MacKay is writing both X and A.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Ah the good old classic. I already said that in another thread but it's curious how often females also get put against one another. Are there discussions about who is smarter between Reed Richards and Tony Stark? Or who is more skilled? Steve Rogers or Logan? Of course. But in the grand scheme of things not that often. Because the reality is that they are all experts in their field and can co-exist just fine.

But the narrative changes when it is about powerful female characters. Suddenly everybody is coming out of the woodwork having to proof who is the best and greatest despite the fact that they all have their own lane as well and can co-exist just fine. It's very odd indeed. You now could go into politics and societal behavior here but this is not the place for it. Let's just say something like the Illuminati which is predominately male is fine. Do you think we will ever get something like that with all the powerful Marvel women sitting on a table together and consolidating their power in their pursuit of protecting Earth? I think we already know the answer to that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Ah the good old classic. I already said that in another thread but it's curious how often females also get put against one another. Are there discussions about who is smarter between Reed Richards and Tony Stark? Or who is more skilled? Steve Rogers or Logan? Of course. But in the grand scheme of things not that often. Because the reality is that they are all experts in their field and can co-exist just fine.

But the narrative changes when it is about powerful female characters. Suddenly everybody is coming out of the woodwork having to proof who is the best and greatest despite the fact that they all have their own lane as well and can co-exist just fine. It's very odd indeed. You now could go into politics and societal behavior here but this is not the place for it. Let's just say something like the Illuminati which is predominately male is fine. Do you think we will ever get something like that with all the powerful Marvel women sitting on a table together and consolidating their power in their pursuit of protecting Earth? I think we already know the answer to that.
    Imagining the reactions to a female Illuminati is something to think about.

Like Carol already has everything she does is scrutinized in the most negative ways possible by "specific groups of people", I still remember all the videos that came out of the woodwork in that arc where she worked for the villains for a bit people declaring "Finally Carol shows the villain she truly is".

So imagine that and multiply it times how many women are on this team. Which makes it a shame cause having female reps on the Illuminati isn't a bad idea but you know people are going to be obnoxious and make a gigantic fuss about it.

Like Carol already has everything she does is scrutinized in the most negative ways possible by "specific groups of people", I still remember all the videos that came out of the woodwork in that arc where she worked for the villains for a bit people declaring "Finally Carol shows the villain she truly is".

So imagine that and multiply it times how many women are on this team. Which makes it a shame cause having female reps on the Illuminati isn't a bad idea but you know people are going to be obnoxious and make a gigantic fuss about it.
    They should have more women on the Illuminati. I’m hyped that Emma is on there now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a Storm fan, I saying we should be prepared. Just as with the BP thread when Storm showed up...the Avengers thread is going to be suddenly inundated with a lot of opinions about Storm. Take that as you may.
    God help us that Storm and BP's interactions are hopefully kept civil

Also hopefully no one loses their mind when Storm isn't portrayed as absolutely perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm definitely glad that Storm is going to be on the team and of course I love the Avengers. That said if Storm takes a L in this series I'm avoiding this thread like the plague.
    Well every character has taken a loss at some point and they aren't infallible. So hopefully it won't be a shock if Storm doesn't solo the villain by herself. Very few Avengers or X-Men stories have done this.

Poor Carol. She can't win online. I remember the outrage of the image with Carol holding Thor's head created. If she fights on par with the likes of Thor or Hulk than she gets hate. When she gets stomped by them then she gets clowned on by the same audience. Carol cannot win. When any other character gets a powerup to look cool it's cheered but if Carol gets one it'll be met with visceral hate and eye rolling.

With all that said I'd enjoy a female Illuminati. I wonder who would be on it?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Poor Carol. She can't win online. I remember the outrage of the image with Carol holding Thor's head created. If she fights on par with the likes of Thor or Hulk than she gets hate. When she gets stomped by them then she gets clowned on by the same audience. Carol cannot win. When any other character gets a powerup to look cool it's cheered but if Carol gets one it'll be met with visceral hate and eye rolling.

With all that said I'd enjoy a female Illuminati. I wonder who would be on it?
    Emma Frost, Madame Masque, Abigail Brand, Silver Sable, Contessa Valentina...

Mighty Member

Yes but would an all female Illuminati receive the same criticism as the all male group? Would they get the backlash, would they be perceived as making things worse or be accused of arrogance and hubris? Because that is what the men were accused of, that is how they were portrayed. All their actions came back to bite them in their asses. So we get an all female Illuminati, can and should we expect the same treatment for them? Somehow I don't think we would, I think they would be portrayed in a far more positive light because people are loathe to showcase female characters in a bad light for fear of negative reactions and the backlash that would come.

If I remember correctly wasn't there some secret all female group that was revealed in the Captain America book a few years ago. As I recall there was no negative reaction that. Why?