Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1585

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sooo...is Marvel looking to promote Storm as the female face of the universe over Captain Marvel?
    Seems to be the case and I have no problem with it.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Ultimate Member

Or they failed with Captain Marvel so they're going to see if Storm does ne better.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This week's newsletter:
    https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/1...could-be-worth

There's quite a few X-related questions so probably best to just check out the article directly. But here's the opener with some tidbits.

Tom: So it was a big week in the world of X as we let a bunch of details out about a couple of things that he hadn’t really much even teased before now: Storm joining the Avengers as well as headlining her own solo series, and Dazzler getting a limited series all her own. And this is still just the tip of the iceberg—there are still a couple of first wave X-Projects to be announced, and then we’ll be moving directly into the second wave and third wave stuff. It’s not that far off now before these books begin to start coming out in earnest—our next element to be visible to the public will be the epilogue portion of UNCANNY X-MEN #700, the final issue worked on by the outgoing teams. They very kindly gave us some space in the end to pick up the baton from where they’d left it and to begin to lay out where any number of the pieces are going to end up in our new world order. I spent a portion of this past week with my team polishing the lettering on both X-MEN #1 and UNCANNY X-MEN #1, so both will be coming your way before you know it.
    Interesting stuff... so there's another couple of books, which could be ongoings or limited series, still to be announced and hitting presumably before the end of the year. And then another 2 waves of books - I wonder how big those will be and how large the X-line will be while all those books are on the market concurrently.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They didn't kidnap them. Franklin and Val snuck onto the Marauder because they thought it was going to Krakoa. Instead they were captured by Doom. The FF went to Krakoa looking for them and they weren't there cause they were in Latveria.
    I mean they did show up with the intent of not letting them keep Franklin. They didn't show up with Magneto, Pyro, Bishop and Wolverine because they wanted lunch

Where are people getting that they're replacing Captain Marvel with Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Maybe brevoort meant the throuple and not an open marriage because these two aren’t synonymous
    Yeah, the throuple has never been a thing. What we've had on page is JeanxScott, JeanxLogan and a rumor about Scottxsomeone. But fans managed to make it into ScottxJeanxLogan and Scemma returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Interesting stuff... so there's another couple of books, which could be ongoings or limited series, still to be announced and hitting presumably before the end of the year. And then another 2 waves of books - I wonder how big those will be and how large the X-line will be while all those books are on the market concurrently.
    I'm curious about the total number of books they want the line to have. I think that's the bigger thing especially with how some of the announced ongoings might not make it and Dazzler being a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean they did show up with the intent of not letting them keep Franklin. They didn't show up with Magneto, Pyro, Bishop and Wolverine because they wanted lunch
    I mean my statement is fact.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or they failed with Captain Marvel so they're going to see if Storm does ne better.

Can the hatred of Carol stop blinding folks?

How is this woman a failure? She has over 150+ solo issues and 2 movies. One made a billion.
    How is that failure?
    The line starts to the LEFT of folks who would take that.

If yall are going to hold one movie against her-we shouldn't see Catwoman, Steel or Hal Jordan every again. Heck toss in Fantastic Four, Superman, Batman, Justice League, Jaime Reyes and Aquaman. Heck add in Buffy and Power Rangers. Had failed movies.

Yall keep jumping up and down for Storm's push. I have one question to ask....

Will yall show up and SUPPORT? Not with Tweets. Not with Likes.

But with MONEY. BUYING the products.

And doing the MOST important thing that we saw with the so-called "failure" Carol Danvers.
    Folks who READ her book also did reviews about her books not HERE but on Amazon and Goodreads and other sites.

As David Walker points out THAT HELPS. That shows interest.

That takes a run that should be 6 issues in a Ms Marvel book in 2015 to a Ms Marvel owning over 90 solo issues in 2024.
    That keeps a 2006 Manhunter and Blue Beetle runs lasting 18 issues longer despite sales.
    That brings back a Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain from 10+ year of limbo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Where are people getting that they're replacing Captain Marvel with Storm?
    Folks hate the character.

Folks claim she kept getting shot after shot when in reality most of her runs got derailed by Marvel events that also took out everyone else.

I think maybe at least 3 a run ended outside of some event. Two times the run ended at issue 50.

Storm is not replacing her. Her shot to really do that should have been while she was married to T'Challa. She should have had a solo book at that time while in Fantastic Four and Black Panther.

Trying to push her now-go ahead and try it. I just need folks to be ready for the pushback wave that we all know DEEP DOWN INSIDE OF ALL OF US will show up.
    I need folks to be ready to stand with Marvel when it comes.

Because my CONCERN is this-lets say it doesn't work. Will Marvel cave in and give up? Or will she get the nonstop shots that MOON KNIGHT gets.

Let's just pretend that Jean and Logan were never a thing or let Scott move on from Jean

Just

The way I totally skipped over the throuple question LOL
    As you should. The same way I skip over all the Logan should be gay with Morph b.s. What is this fan fiction shit? Even the show runner said it was a one way attraction. In the same vein, we’ve seen Jean getting it on with both Scott and Logan in the Krakoan era. So clearly it was an open relationship for a bit. Doesn’t mean all three of them were getting it on together or that Scott and Logan are in love. There are plenty of actual gay and bi characters to lean into if that’s your thing.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As you should. The same way I skip over all the Logan should be gay with Morph b.s. What is this fan fiction shit? Even the show runner said it was a one way attraction. In the same vein, we’ve seen Jean getting it on with both Scott and Logan in the Krakoan era. So clearly it was an open relationship for a bit. Doesn’t mean all three of them were getting it on together or that Scott and Logan are in love. There are plenty of actual gay and bi characters to lean into if that’s your thing.
    Even the Jean and Logan thing was dropped. It's been years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Even the Jean and Logan thing was dropped. It's been years now.
    Yep. And don’t get me wrong, folks can ship who they want. Gay, straight or otherwise. But with some fans there’s such an overwhelming and annoying push for these things, that it’s like they get upset with the creators when something they want to happen doesn’t actually happen (e.g., Logan suddenly being gay for Morph, or Scott and Logan being bi for each other and for Jean).

Yep. And don’t get me wrong, folks can ship who they want. Gay, straight or otherwise. But with some fans there’s such an overwhelming and annoying push for these things, that it’s like they get upset with the creators when something they want to happen doesn’t actually happen (e.g., Logan suddenly being gay for Morph, or Scott and Logan being bi for each other and for Jean).
    True. I mean I've jokingly said that Logan and Morph should end up together but it's never going to happen. People can ship any type of relationship they want but there's no way they're going to market Wolverine, their second most popular character, as anything other than a straight guy in a heteronormative relationship.

As for Scott and Jean, they might seem boring to some people, but they have a huge history together and as parents of Cable, I could never wholeheartedly ship them with anyone else. Brevoort's doing the same thing White did post XoS.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-19-2024 at 04:29 PM.

I'm one of those who find them boring together, but enjoy reading about them when apart. Which the new era looks like it will allow me to do. I just think they both thrive when they're at least not in the same book, even if they're together in a relationship (e.g., the Blue/Gold era of the early 90s).

My one hope when the X-men come to the MCU is that they don't do what the X-men '97 revival just did, and mash together a bunch of old comic stories and just retread well-trod ground. And probably the most well-trod of all X-men grounds is the love triangle. It was dead and buried until Morrison brought it back, but of course with a twist adding Emma into the mix. I kind of loved that relationship, as Emma and Scott together was far, far less boring. At least IMO. Jean wasn't around at the time, so there was no drama with Logan either. He was free to do other things and pursue other love interests. None of them all that meaningful... a fling with a woman named Melita Gardner, a one night stand or two with Dazzler, etc. Once Jean came back -- again -- it was a matter of time before they would put her and Scott back together. But they didn't need to bring back the love triangle, this time in the form of a seemingly open marriage. At least if that hot tub scene in X-Force was anything to go by. So I really, really hope that they go in a different direction with regards to the relationship between Scott, Jean and Logan in the MCU. I don't care if Scott and Jean are together or apart, or if she's with Logan, if Scott's with Emma... whatever. Just please don't do the played out "Jean is attracted to Logan's wildness" and "Logan has deep feelings for her" but she's with Cyclops shit. I'll take just about anything besides that setup.

I'm one of those who find them boring together, but enjoy reading about them when apart. Which the new era looks like it will allow me to do. I just think they both thrive when they're at least not in the same book, even if they're together in a relationship (e.g., the Blue/Gold era of the early 90s).

My one hope when the X-men come to the MCU is that they don't do what the X-men '97 revival just did, and mash together a bunch of old comic stories and just retread well-trod ground. And probably the most well-trod of all X-men grounds is the love triangle. It was dead and buried until Morrison brought it back, but of course with a twist adding Emma into the mix. I kind of loved that relationship, as Emma and Scott together was far, far less boring. At least IMO. Jean wasn't around at the time, so there was no drama with Logan either. He was free to do other things and pursue other love interests. None of them all that meaningful... a fling with a woman named Melita Gardner, a one night stand or two with Dazzler, etc. Once Jean came back -- again -- it was a matter of time before they would put her and Scott back together. But they didn't need to bring back the love triangle, this time in the form of a seemingly open marriage. At least if that hot tub scene in X-Force was anything to go by. So I really, really hope that they go in a different direction with regards to the relationship between Scott, Jean and Logan in the MCU. I don't care if Scott and Jean are together or apart, or if she's with Logan, if Scott's with Emma... whatever. Just please don't do the played out "Jean is attracted to Logan's wildness" and "Logan has deep feelings for her" but she's with Cyclops shit. I'll take just about anything besides that setup.
    Valid points. Who even first wrote all that animal magnetism and bad boy crap? It was Claremont wasn't it lol?
    Like I don't even know what animal magnetism is. You're attracted to someone because he acts like a fuking wolf or something?