Page 160 of 202 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They said it's not a coincidence that MacKay is writing Avengers and X-Men, so we should expect some crossover between the titles, they also said if Storm is around any X-Men team follows her, so...

But as I said before, I doubt we'll see the members from X-Men trying to replace Cyclops with Storm whenever they interact, and as long as they don't go that way, I'm fine.
    We'll definitely see a cross over between the two titles but this time They're on good terms. X-Men follow Cyke and the Avengers follow Ororo. It's a win for both characters

They said it's not a coincidence that MacKay is writing Avengers and X-Men, so we should expect some crossover between the titles, they also said if Storm is around any X-Men team follows her, so...

But as I said before, I doubt we'll see the members from X-Men trying to replace Cyclops with Storm whenever they interact, and as long as they don't go that way, I'm fine.
    I really don't want Scott and Storm to interact at all, I think that she has become a mary sue in the Krakoa era and I've seen way too many interactions in which she's just arrogantly degrading the other character (like Xavier)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Sorry for the late response. Yes Orlando has written Cyclops in X-Men unlimited infinity comic.
    But was it that bad?

But was it that bad?
    Yes. He was brutally murdered by Armageddon Girl.

Also after X of Swords it was pretty clear that Marvel wanted Scott and Jean to be the OTP, that's why Jean was out of Percy's hands and Scott and Jean were living together in the treehouse. So yeah for me it was like Jott living the orgy Island behind to be together and do heroic acts. Brevoort will downplay it even further and I'd say that's a huge win for us Jott fans! Move on Scemma and Jogan shippers!!
    I love Scemma but I'm willing to sincerely move on from it IF Marvel will do a good job with the Jott relationship. I'm not asking for it to be a bed of roses, an endless honeymoon, but one reason Scemma has such a fanbase (IMO) is because it felt like two people who weren't just in love but also devoted to each other. I'm not asking for a drama-free relationship, I'm just asking for Marvel to present a compelling love and bond between Cyclops and Jean. If they can do that, I can accept leaving Scemma behind.

I can't remember which comic it is, but I remember a scene where Kitty feels Cyclops' heart shake or vibrate a certain way when he sees Jean. That happened during Scemma and that moment always stuck out to me.
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 05-19-2024 at 04:30 PM.

I reread Uncanny X-Men 308 yesterday and if Scott and Jean are written like that I would have no problem with them together, Jean proposes to him and explicitly mentions that Scott is the ONE, which means the only one she loves and it's a pretty great issue overall.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I really don't want Scott and Storm to interact at all, I think that she has become a mary sue in the Krakoa era and I've seen way too many interactions in which she's just arrogantly degrading the other character (like Xavier)
    I love Storm but I really didn't like how Ewing portrayed her.

We'll definitely see a cross over between the two titles but this time They're on good terms. X-Men follow Cyke and the Avengers follow Ororo. It's a win for both characters
    Storm will not be the leader of the Avengers, no way.

Cyclops and Jean are great together and in my opinion the best comic book couple if done right.

Storm will not be the leader of the Avengers, no way.
    Isn't Carol the leader of the Avengers now?

Duggan also doesn't like Cyclops, he made a made a tweet when someone complained about his portrayal saying "Cyclops who?" or something like that, he deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I love Scemma but I'm willing to sincerely move on from it IF Marvel will do a good job with the Jott relationship. I'm not asking for it to be a bed of roses, an endless honeymoon, but one reason Scemma has such a fanbase (IMO) is because it felt like two people who weren't just in love but also devoted to each other. I'm not asking for a drama-free relationship, I'm just asking for Marvel to present a compelling love and bond between Cyclops and Jean. If they can do that, I can accept leaving Scemma behind.

I can't remember which comic it is, but I remember a scene where Kitty feels Cyclops' heart shake or vibrate a certain way when he sees Jean. That happened during Scemma and that moment always stuck out to me.
    I never loved Scemma. For a time I liked it in Whedon's AXM. But other than that, I just saw them as friends with benefits. They did love each other for sure, but with Jean, Scott has a whole family. Jean was devoted to Scott before Morrison's NXM where they basically projected their own marital problems with their wife into Scott's life and ignored decades of Cyke and Jean being a happy couple.

Oh that scene happens in Whedon's runs IIRC

Duggan also doesn't like Cyclops, he made a made a tweet when someone complained about his portrayal saying "Cyclops who?" or something like that, he deleted it.
    I'd say his first year on the adjectiveless book was fine, and he wrote a rather good heroic Cyclops. It's the second year that everything fall apart with the whole Brood argument, Cyke being tortured etc.

How can anyone read this and think that Logan doesn't completely ruin their relationship???

It's such shit writing, Logan has no business having any kind of romantic relationship with Jean, he's just a random that got that far because of Claremont's tantrum, there's no reason for it, just pure misogyny and childish pettiness, if Logan wasn't available he would've written Jean being attracted to Kurt or anyone else because this doesn't make any sense and it was just a decision made out of spite for Scott.

How can anyone read this and think that Logan doesn't completely ruin their relationship???

It's such shit writing, Logan has no business having any kind of romantic relationship with Jean, he's just a random that got that far because of Claremont's tantrum, there's no reason for it, just pure misogyny and childish pettiness, if Logan wasn't available he would've written Jean being attracted to Kurt or anyone else because this doesn't make any sense and it was just a decision made out of spite for Scott.
    There's no Logan between them in the upcoming relaunch. And there hasn't been since at least early 2022 (though I'd say as far as 2021).