Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really didn't need to incorporate the accent.

Also I love James Arnold Taylor...but Magneto? I get Tom Kane can't play him anymore because of his health problems, but...

Also, is that Cassandra Lee as the announcer? Wow.
    Wanda canonically has an Eastern European accent, so it is a nice touch to me.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I like the accent. It's one of my regrets about Black Widow now that ever since the MCU, she's lost her accent in all media. And even in the MCU, Wanda started off with her accent.
    That's pretty accurate though.
    A spy definitely shouldn't have an accent at all. Especially a Russian one. It would be an immediate red flag for anyone in a position of power.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's pretty accurate though.
    A spy definitely shouldn't have an accent at all. Especially a Russian one. It would be an immediate red flag for anyone in a position of power.
    That's true, although I think it makes sense that she would revert to her real accent when she's working as a regular superhero like when she was Daredevil's partner and a member of the Avengers and Champions.

Has the Wanda/Steve relationship ever been acknowledged again in recent years or in general since Avengers Disassembled? Although I'll always prefer her with Vision, I did like the idea of Wanda/Steve as an alternative especially if she and Vision still aren't together for some reason.

That's true, although I think it makes sense that she would revert to her real accent when she's working as a regular superhero like when she was Daredevil's partner and a member of the Avengers and Champions.

Has the Wanda/Steve relationship ever been acknowledged again in recent years or in general since Avengers Disassembled? Although I'll always prefer her with Vision, I did like the idea of Wanda/Steve as an alternative especially if she and Vision still aren't together for some reason.
    As far as I know Steve and Wanda never acknowledge it. It was largely written off as a side-effect of Wanda's mental breakdown and increased powers around Disassembled

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's adorable

In WI Avengers Disassembled he falls madly in love with her (implied spell) and he helps her to build a utopia for man and mutant.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-19-2024 at 10:48 AM.

I like the accent. It's one of my regrets about Black Widow now that ever since the MCU, she's lost her accent in all media. And even in the MCU, Wanda started off with her accent.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda canonically has an Eastern European accent, so it is a nice touch to me.
    I just don't think it sounds as convincing or as smooth compared to her normal Wanda voice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    As far as I know Steve and Wanda never acknowledge it. It was largely written off as a side-effect of Wanda's mental breakdown and increased powers around Disassembled
    A pity. I liked their platonic friendship in the MCU as well, mainly Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In WI Avengers Disassembled he falls madly in love with her (implied spell) and he helps her to build a utopia for man and mutant.

I remember reading that and I agree, I also got the impression that Wanda was controlling him even if I think the end-twist was that Steve was responsible for House of M.

Extraordinary Member

Not that it matters since it's just a What If, but I got the impression it was the other way around, that Steve was the mastermind behind it all. Tony says near the end that the all the years in stasis damaged Steve's mind, with Sam adding that it was Steve who lost touch with reality before Wanda did.

Of course it's really just kind of a goof on the original Avengers Disassembled and the out-of-nowhere explanation that Wanda was crazy all along. It's just transferred to Steve with an equally out-of-nowhere explanation.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-19-2024 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Not that it matters since it's just a What If, but I got the impression it was the other way around, that Steve was the mastermind behind it all. Tony says near the end that the all the years in stasis damaged Steve's mind, with Sam adding that it was Steve who lost touch with reality before Wanda did.

Of course it's really just kind of a goof on the original Avengers Disassembled and the out-of-nowhere explanation that Wanda was crazy all along. It's just transferred to Steve with an equally out-of-nowhere explanation.
    At least somebody besides Wanda was being blamed for it. It's interesting that even in the MCU, Steve was allowed to to go back in time and be with Peggy, but Wanda's attempts to restore her family have always been viewed with such scorn by everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't think it sounds as convincing or as smooth compared to her normal Wanda voice.
    Well in a lot of things, they just have her sound American which sounds more off to me.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The vibe on this feels weird. What is her "normal voice," anyway? So many different people have voiced her over the years. That and...is an Eastern European accent not normal for people born in that area to have?

Side note: everyone has an accent, typically based on where they were born, where they grew up, and/or on their parents'/guardians' accents. I'm not sure what type of accent Quicksilver and Wanda should have, given their...convoluted history. But it most assuredly should not be one of the many American-English accents.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 05-19-2024 at 08:36 PM.

They went with her current costume!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

They went with her current costume!
    Perfect. I haven't played the game in years but I heard it's not that easy to get.

Also no magic hair but I can understand why when even some professional comic artist are struggling with it.