Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Since Marvel seems to be changing course after the response to Phase 4 & 5, it wouldn't surprise me if this show is one of those projects like The Marvels. It's something that will come out beause it's already done and had money put in it, but isn't indicative of what they want to do going forward. Going forward I think they'll want to respond to X-Men 97's success and do something more akin to Spider-Man '98.

I mean, the fact that they halted production on Season 2 a while ago kinda proves this isn't something they want to keep doing long-term. We know X-Men '97 Season 2 was already in the works and wasn't halted. (Of course, if this show kills it in ratings, they'll undoubtedly proceed with Season 2).

The show itself sounds like a better version of USM 2012 and Spider-Man 2017 (like Frontier said), which is dissapointing. The writers also have that "they don't realize what they're saying isn't that exciting" energy that most of the 2020-2023 MCU writers had. (Part of why it reminds me of The Marvels).

But with Marvel changing course altogether, I don't know how animated (pun intended) I can get over this. Even if it sucks. It's just hard to imagine it being 2028... Marvel killing with X-Men '97, WB killing it with Timm's new Batman show, Sony killing it with Spidey Animation on the big screen and maybe even with their Prime Video shows now that they put Lord & Miller in charge... also the MCU killing it with a new Spider-Man film where he's more mature + out of high school... and Feige still thinking "Yeah let's put all our Spider-Man Animation eggs in the Friendly Neighborhpod basket. Isn't a high school show based on the 2016-2021 MCU Spidey just great?"

That seems unfathomable to me, lol.

EDIT: I will say this, though: Peter Parker being "broke" in this sounds preferable. It sounds like they maybe walked back even some of the stuff with Norman funding him.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 05-20-2024 at 07:03 AM.